RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overlays only fade in/out the playlist volume, one overlay playback won't fade another overlay...

I remember this feature was asked to make news playback with bed... There's easier solution, especially that news file is a fixed duration (3 minutes IIRC):
- create a bed file, 3 minutes in duration (maybe a bit more to account for buffering)
- edit it with Track Tool and set MIX to the very beginning and FADE OUT to the very end
In the playlist place news file (URL) right after bed file. This way bed and news will play together.

Also there's a feature planned for RB 5.0: assign beds for File Types.

Hi Dmitry,

Just installed RB 4.9.0.4b and I notice that I cannot change the soundcard. I am running Virtual Audio Cable to be able to runmultiple instances of RB in different Windows sessions. Each RB instance should be able to use a different virtual cable.
RB uses virtual cable 1 by default, the other instances of virtual cables are listed in the dropdown list but cannot be selected.
This was working file in RB 4.8
I need this to manage Advertissement.

Regards
Christian

Christian, thank you for reporting. All virtual sound cards have the same device name, so RB can not distinguish them... It will be fixed in the next update.

djsoft said:
nelson c
RadioBOSS only reads artwork and there are no plans to include edit features for it... Probably in the future versions.

Generating an artwork file is possible, the next update most likely will have this feature.

I have utility that adds artwork to MP3s I record.  I can see those files added in explorer, but will they be sent to the host (Live365) and used during play there?  Thanks.

john grant said:
I have utility that adds artwork to MP3s I record.  I can see those files added in explorer, but will they be sent to the host (Live365) and used during play there?  Thanks.
RadioBOSS can upload artwork file to FTP server - you can send URL of this picture to Live365 (coverURL).
See this topic http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,1034.0.html - it has a file attached "Using add_song.cgi API.txt" this should be enough to send artwork to Live365.

pety said:
What about Effects... in FX ?
Microphone will have own DSP manager, eg. you can add equalizer or compressor to mic. Please wait for RB 4.9.0.5.

nelson c said:
Another error in list in simultaneous playback pause: after ending the player side execution is paused.
Can you please give more details on this?
The problem is as follows:
From the planner, using "simultaneous player" along with "Pause Playback", the event is played correctly, but at the end of it, the main player is stopped.

There are plans to add jingles automatically at points "Intro" of each topic.
For example Jazler contine this function (demo: http://www.jazler.com/downloads/JazlerRS2Demo.exe)

Other Thing: setting-> Fadin-> Voice Tracking, for that is?

Good that DSP for the microphone is implemented so soon :)

nelson c said:
From the planner, using "simultaneous player" along with "Pause Playback", the event is played correctly, but at the end of it, the main player is stopped.
Do you mean the playlist doesn't get unpaused after Overlay event finished? How many overlay events are runnign at the same time - more than one?

nelson c said:
You can use Playlist Generator Pro to add intros/outros to playlists.

nelson c said:
Other Thing: setting-> Fadin-> Voice Tracking, for that is?
This is to control how voice tracks are played. You can record and insert voicetracks using Voice Track utility (located under Playlist menu).

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Do you mean the playlist doesn't get unpaused after Overlay event finished? How many overlay events are runnign at the same time - more than one?
yeah right, simultaneously reproduce a single song and then the player is paused

nelson c said:
You can use Playlist Generator Pro to add intros/outros to playlists.

I think you did not understand the request:
I mean jingles (in Jazler called sweepers) are played automatically before autro points (as with the voice tracks).
Here is a tutorial which shows the operation of this in Jazler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mOdOkXcZk (Minute 4:20)
The idea is to also have several sweepers in a folder and selects RB played one and end just before the point intro.

nelson c
The bug with scheduler unpause will be fixed in the next update. It seems that bug was introduced in 4.9...

For the feature request, something like this will be added in the future versions. Like - select a voice track for specific artist ("Hi I'm ... and you're listening to my song") or just select a random VT from a specific folder. This is planned for RB 5.0.

not sure if this was reported already. whenever i use the overlay playback feature the player comes on but sometimes it doesn't close and continue on the playlist it seems to go into a loop where nothing plays.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
not sure if this was reported already. whenever i use the overlay playback feature the player comes on but sometimes it doesn't close and continue on the playlist it seems to go into a loop where nothing plays.
Thank you for report. Do you start playlist or a single file via overlay playback?

it depends it's actually both. one was a playlist with commericals in it another time is whenever a stream is dropped and the silent detection kicks in. it does drop the feed and move to the next item on the playlist to continue playing music.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
it depends it's actually both. one was a playlist with commericals in it another time is whenever a stream is dropped and the silent detection kicks in. it does drop the feed and move to the next item on the playlist to continue playing music.
A quick test revealed no error - it plays all items and closes. Are you using the latest beta (.4)? How often does it happen? Also please post a screenshot of event settings.

it did it fr a few hours before i went it a manually close and restart RB.  The empty overlay player was still on the screen before i hit cancel and then it all worked again.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
it did it fr a few hours before i went it a manually close and restart RB.  The empty overlay player was still on the screen before i hit cancel and then it all worked again.
OK, please wait for the new version, I think this won't happen there.

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.5

Changes:
- Playlist duration, start time calculation and playing time left calculations are more accurate
- DSP manager for Microphone: allows to add Equalizer or Compressor DSP to microphone
- Added Compressor DSP
- Optimizations to lower CPU usage and faster operation
- Bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.5_beta.exe

Just remembered something

Can I request a little modification to the "do Not repeat" section of PLG Pro

In the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s many artist recorded the same "song" and I had an incident this morning of the "same song" being played twice - by different artists - one after the other.

PLG Pro has

Do Not repeat Artsits for xx
do Not repeat Track for xx
do Not repeat Album for xx

but does not have

Do Not repeat "title" for xx

I would be grateful if this could be considered for inclusion in a future release  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back