RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmitry,

Need a little help....I just installed the beta 4.9.0.5 and I get an external exception error C06D007F from the file explorer.  I have no information at all in file explorer tab, just a blank screen.  I have been using 4.8.3 and have had no problems, just thought I would try the new beta.  Any ideas as to what could be causing this? 

Thanks
David

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.9.0.5

Changes:
- Playlist duration, start time calculation and playing time left calculations are more accurate
- DSP manager for Microphone: allows to add Equalizer or Compressor DSP to microphone
- Added Compressor DSP
- Optimizations to lower CPU usage and faster operation
- Bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.5_beta.exe

Very pleased with DSP microphone :)
the next step would be to use VST plugins and that the process is sound recording microphone also works in voice tracking

dave-t said:
Just remembered something

Can I request a little modification to the "do Not repeat" section of PLG Pro

In the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s many artist recorded the same "song" and I had an incident this morning of the "same song" being played twice - by different artists - one after the other.

:( Happened again  :(

dave-t said:
In the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s many artist recorded the same "song" and I had an incident this morning of the "same song" being played twice - by different artists - one after the other.
Do Not repeat "title" for xx
Yes, this makes sense. Even if songs are different, same title for two songs in a row still sounds odd. Same song performed by different artists is even worse.

The no-repeat for title will be added in the next update.

djsoft said:
dave-t said:
Do Not repeat "title" for xx
Yes, this makes sense. Even if songs are different, same title for two songs in a row still sounds odd. Same song performed by different artists is even worse.

The no-repeat for title will be added in the next update.

Thanks Dmitry - yes it does sound odd. In one year I have the same "song" performed by 6 different artists so really need a way to avoid them playing one after the other  :)

Again thanks for your excellent response to customers needs  8)

David said:
Need a little help....I just installed the beta 4.9.0.5 and I get an external exception error C06D007F from the file explorer. 
Any ideas as to what could be causing this?
The cause is the optimizations which were made recently. Their purpose were to make file explorer tree building faster and aviod UI lockups if a broken shell extension installed on the system.

Can you please give more information:
* what operating system are you using? (other users reported it on XP and it seems doesn't happen on later systems)
* does error message appear immediately after program startup or you did something, like selected a folder, dragged a file?

nelson c said:
the next step would be to use VST plugins and that the process is sound recording microphone also works in voice tracking
Good :) VST plugins for MIC are possible, but it can lead to problems if the same plugin is used for Music and Mic. So they're disabled for now.

I'm not sure if VT recorder should apply DSP's to recordings - but in case many users ask for it, it will be added.

Dmitry,

I use XP Pro sp3.  The error happens as RadioBoss is loading, without me doing anything on startup.  Seems like RB is running ok, just no file explorer window.  Thanks as usual for all your help.

David

David, thanks! The bug will be fixed in the next update. It turned out that RB used some features which are not available on Windows XP or earlier versions of Windows...

dave-t said:
In one year I have the same "song" performed by 6 different artists so really need a way to avoid them playing one after the other  :)
PLGenPro will be able to avoid it, but titles have to be exact match - for example, "Don't Stop" and "Don't Stop 2013" will be considered as different tracks.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Good :) VST plugins for MIC are possible, but it can lead to problems if the same plugin is used for Music and Mic. So they're disabled for now.

I'm not sure if VT recorder should apply DSP's to recordings - but in case many users ask for it, it will be added.

Perhaps the solution is to display a warning when an event is active on one side and the other.
Anyway, I think anyone will be using a plugin twice, in our case will Izotope nectar (DSP microphone), and Stereo Tool for the main output.
The addition of voice processing for tracker is quite important for us, I hope that others adhere ..

djsoft said:
dave-t said:
In one year I have the same "song" performed by 6 different artists so really need a way to avoid them playing one after the other  :)
PLGenPro will be able to avoid it, but titles have to be exact match - for example, "Don't Stop" and "Don't Stop 2013" will be considered as different tracks.

Yes noted - everything is correctly titled with no modifications  ;)

David said:
Dmitry,

I use XP Pro sp3.  The error happens as RadioBoss is loading, without me doing anything on startup.  Seems like RB is running ok, just no file explorer window.  Thanks as usual for all your help.

David

Same issue for me also on XP Pro SP3.

I still have the issue I reported when using virtual sound cards, only the first one can be selected.

Christian

nelson c said:
Perhaps the solution is to display a warning when an event is active on one side and the other.
Anyway, I think anyone will be using a plugin twice, in our case will Izotope nectar (DSP microphone), and Stereo Tool for the main output.
The addition of voice processing for tracker is quite important for us, I hope that others adhere ..
OK - VST's will be allowed for MIC, but in the later updates (4.9.1 maybe). Same for DSPs while recording voice tracks.

Christian said:
I still have the issue I reported when using virtual sound cards, only the first one can be selected.
This will be fixed in 4.9.0.6 as well as EExternalException error.

nelson c said:
Small error:
At the end of the current song on the main tab, tag editor does not respond in the other tabs
Thank you for reporting this bug.

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.6 is out!

- Settings backup and restore feature (Settings menu)
- Bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.6_beta.exe

djsoft said:
nelson c
select a voice track for specific artist ("Hi I'm ... and you're listening to my song") or just select a random VT from a specific folder. This is planned for RB 5.0.
It makes me very happy!, A suggestion would not only be good to establish VST by artist if not also for the genre of the song.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 4.9.0.6 is out!

- Settings backup and restore feature (Settings menu)
- Bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.6_beta.exe

In a future version, will it be possible to do a backup as a command within the schedule ?

No Field name for Line.IN in 4.9.0.6

Attachments

• No name field for LineIN.jpg
    No name field for LineIN.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 576
Line.IN works now only in "Windows Mixer Control".
Not in "DirectSound" like in previous version.

Dmitry,
Tried 4.9.0.6 and have a new problem...runs for a while then I have "stream read error" which causes total lockup.  I can try and send bug report if that helps.  Running xp pro sp3.  On loading now I see for an instance some error, but it passes through it. 

Thanks
David

nelson c said:
It makes me very happy!, A suggestion would not only be good to establish VST by artist if not also for the genre of the song.
OK - noted for future versions.

dave-t said:
In a future version, will it be possible to do a backup as a command within the schedule ?
Yes, it's easy to add so I think it will be added really soon.

pety said:
No Field name for Line.IN in 4.9.0.6
Yes, you can use tag editor for Line.IN to set broadcasting title. A "stream name" for line.in will be added to make things more convenient (in the next update).

pety said:
Line.IN works now only in "Windows Mixer Control".
Not in "DirectSound" like in previous version.
Thank you for reporting. Are there any error messages in the log when you start program or play line.in?

David said:
I can try and send bug report if that helps.  Running xp pro sp3.  On loading now I see for an instance some error, but it passes through it. 
Yes, a bug report(s) would be very helpful. Please start RB, click Settings->Open Settings Folder and send all the bugreport_*.txt files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back