RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I installed the 4.9 beta this morning.  I'm having some trouble getting RB to load up VST's.  I'm a recording/mix engineer by trade so I've got a large selection of plugins.  It throws up an error message when I try to load them.  I am using 32bit plugins.

It would be cool if we could run our presenters/mics into radioboss and use a vst compressor / eq chain on just the mics.  Then use vst mastering compression / limiting on the whole mix output?

It would be awesome if we could setup like:

Vocals in - Fabfilter Pro-Q (subtractive) - Sonalksis SV-315 compression - Waves VeQ (boosting) - Waves L1 levelling.

Music - Waves L2 Leveling

Vocal / Music sidechain ducking with FabFilter Pro-C

Whole Mix - Waves C6 - NI Passive EQ - Ozone 5 Limiter

Would it be possible to impliment VST's for all these tasks or is it un-realistic?

B

Hi Dmitry
Like Dave-T I am finding the Trigger mix at using db level not working either. The song is playing right out to the finish (unless there is another outro setting affecting it such as you see in Tracktool).

I have taken every other setting off, including Remove gap between tracks. So in effect the ONLY setting turned on is Trigger Mix. And its not working. Both boxes ticked (for Trigger Mix).

As a separate issue I want to raise with you the need to have mixes for Inward Streaming (loading as an Event with Immediate Start or for Waiting For Current Track to Finish).
Fade In and Fade Out  needs to have three separate applications
(1) For tracks ONLY
(2) For inward streaming and tracks ONLY
(3) For inward streaming ONLY
So you can have FI and FO turned OFF for tracks ONLY but turned ON for streaming and tracks ONLY or turned ON for streaming ONLY
Or have ALL turned ON or ALL turned OFF

Current Position :
(1) If you have FI/FO turned off,  the sound lurches violently from stopped song to started streaming, and vice versa at the finish. This is NOT the desirable effect.
(2)  If you have FI/FO turned on,  the sound fades out on stopped song to fade in on started streaming, and vice versa at the finish. This is the desirable effect.

There is a problem with the interface as it doesn't automatically compensate for larger font sizes.  I like to use an 18 point font and now the song names in the playlist overlap.  Is there a way to change the column height manually? :(

dave-t
Yes, there's a bug with silence detector and Mix point, this will be fixed in the next update.
Regarding Track Tool Start/End markers display, it looks like a bug too.

Following the initial scan I noticed that not all field were being populated properly - see first image - and a lot had no albums, year etc.
Please send one of the tracks for which it doesn't read tag correctly.

I have also noticed that even after 2 scans what is appearing in the Music Library Applications does not match what mp3tag V2.54 is seeing
I think this happened when you changed ID3 tag version. It produced duplicated tag frames and, probably, RB reads first one while mp3tag reads last one (for example). This can also be a cause why RB refuses to edit such a tag. Please send 1-2 of tracks which require "double-read" to support@djsoft.net

corsimusic
It doesn't read Cover Art for FLAC files yet. Only MP3, OGG, AAC and M4A.
Regarding crossfading, there's an error in the program, it will be corrected.

burglar
What error message do you gen when trying to load VST plugins?
Note: currently it doesn't support Shell VST plugins.

Regarding your request, we'll add DSP manager for MIC.

James Totton
vanzzinn
Large font problem in the playlist will be fixed.

djsoft said:
burglar
What error message do you gen when trying to load VST plugins?
Note: currently it doesn't support Shell VST plugins.

Regarding your request, we'll add DSP manager for MIC

James Totton
vanzzinn
Large font problem in the playlist will be fixed.

Ok, it is possible to use shell2vst to extract the dll's from waveshell if folk want to use waves plugins so that must be what's up there.  I'll give it a go tonight.

Will it also be possible to process the music & master output separately, I.e one plugin chain for the mics, one plugin chain for the music and one plugin chain for the master output (everything)?

B

dave-t
Yes, there's a bug with silence detector and Mix point, this will be fixed in the next update.
Regarding Track Tool Start/End markers display, it looks like a bug too.

Ok great thanks for finding it

I have also noticed that even after 2 scans what is appearing in the Music Library Applications does not match what mp3tag V2.54 is seeing
I think this happened when you changed ID3 tag version. It produced duplicated tag frames and, probably, RB reads first one while mp3tag reads last one (for example). This can also be a cause why RB refuses to edit such a tag. Please send 1-2 of tracks which require "double-read" to support@djsoft.net

I don't think particular set of files is due to an RB issue. All files are from a particular artist/album given to me by someone else. I have been unable to re-create the issues so happy to concede that the files are probably corrupt. I may need to correct this statement

Following the initial scan I noticed that not all field were being populated properly - see first image - and a lot had no albums, year etc.
Please send one of the tracks for which it doesn't read tag correctly.

This is NOT a file issue but a generic one. I have just scanned 853 newly processed files and RB did not read any of them correctly. the album, album artist, year and comment were not populated in the newly created database. An "update info from Tags" did however correct the missing ino.

Obsedrvations

on the initial scan files whose filename were artist - title populated the associated fields correctly

files whose filename was track artist - title placed the track No in the artist field and the artist & title in the "title" field

PROCESS - Having placed all files in a directory/sub directory I load them into MP3Tag V2.54
Selecting all files I remove all tags except ID3V2
I then edit any of the fields that need editing
Selecting ALL files again I add keywords to the "comment Field" and save the files
I only write ID3V2.4 and APE V2 tags (MP3 gain seems to add APE tags) ?

I then process all the files through MP3Gain to normalise them them to 92db

Files are then added to a new database using the Music Library

IMPORTANT NOTE - for completeness

I have just scanned the same directory using RB V 4.8.3

A single scan populated the database correctly without the need to "update files from tags" including the particular album which I thought was corrupt

AND looking at the files with the Track Tool, start and end markers are set correctly  :)

I am as confident as I can be that these issues are not file related but RB 4.9.0 related.

Hope this helps

Hi Dmitry, I have a very serious problem for us in the reproduction of straming:
When changing the buffer size, RB does not update the metadata (Anterioremente it worked perfect, the statistics showed a delay equivalent to audio stored in buffer)

Great job so far on the beta verison. I have no issues with it as yet. No crashes. all my VST's are working. tested the EQ - ok.
Is there any way to move or create my own windows than the normal three windows you see. to arrange them to my liking and add another window.

Tried the BETA on my old system with ASIO4ALL and on-board MB sound.  Everytime I activate and de-activate the mic button there is about 1 seconds cut out of the music and no fade?  Changing the buffer setting in asio4all did nothing to help this? 

Is this what you would expect when not using a dedicated PCI soundcard?     

dave-t
That's really odd. It does exactly the same thing when reading or updating tags. Please send one or two tracks which require "update tags" to correct things. We were unable to reproduce the issue here.

nelson c
What buffer size you're referring to (playback or network buffer)? Same for metadata, it doesn't read metadata when you playing network stream or it doesn't send metadata when broadcasting?

Action Radio 95.1
Thank you for testing it!
About windows, the leftmost panel is fixed to have 4 tabs, while tabs so-called "Work zones" can be reconfigured. To change the number of work zones click View->Work Zones and select either 1 or 2.

burglar said:
Ok, it is possible to use shell2vst to extract the dll's from waveshell if folk want to use waves plugins so that must be what's up there.  I'll give it a go tonight.
Did shell2vst work?

burglar said:
All recent tests are done on physical ASIO cards but I remember it worked fine with ASIO4ALL.
Please describe in details what happens when you press the MIC button.

djsoft said:
dave-t
That's really odd. It does exactly the same thing when reading or updating tags. Please send one or two tracks which require "update tags" to correct things. We were unable to reproduce the issue here.

As far as I can tell it is files that I have processed - ie stripped tags back to ID3V2.4 + APEV2 - seems OK with others

files on the way

dave-t said:
djsoft said:
dave-t

As far as I can tell it is files that I have processed - ie stripped tags back to ID3V2.4 + APEV2 - seems OK with others

files on the way

It is also happening on ID3V2.3 + ID3V1 tagged files too

I have tried it on 2 x 4.9 installations, one Win 7 and one Win 8

I can not replicate the issue using 4.8.3 at all  ???

djsoft said:
burglar said:
Did shell2vst work?

burglar said:
All recent tests are done on physical ASIO cards but I remember it worked fine with ASIO4ALL.
Please describe in details what happens when you press the MIC button.

Hiya,

Shell2vst worked in that it extracted all the waves plugins from the waveshell, but they all seem to be 5kb in size which is odd.  They are in my RB plugin directory as is the waveshell and RB is not recognizing them. 

Other than a couple of eq's, C1, L1 and PIE I can't think of much in the waves bundle that would be very good for broadcast and they are all replaceable.  I'll be using Sonalksis SV-314mk2 comp for all vocal duties, it's just a super smooth transparent plugin,  IK LA2A, Fabfilter Pro-Q and Ozone can make up for the rest.

Regarding the mic toggle, I have the playback and mic configured to asio4all.  When i toggle the mic on or off it momentarily cuts out the music.  instead of fading it down, it cuts it out for a second then the volume is lower.  It's like latency or as if it's struggling to do the fade so it just cuts it out momentarily.  This happens both when I toggle it on, and off.   

djsoft said:
moh001,
I don't know what to say... This is a beta version and it is the first release with lots of changes - you can see it in the first post.
It is not possible to immediately implement everything people ask for.

how come you lie  , that's really bad
Your request is in the queue and will be implemented in one of the future updates. I don't know why are you "disappointed" - you asked for a feature 4 days ago. How many companies in the world implement requests in 4 days or less? Share their names with us.

dont twist my words , my disappointment comes from you saying to me " it will be fixed in the next update " , then i keep waiting on fire for that , then congratulations, the next update comes with no fixing ..

" Your request is in the queue " , oh there's still a chance then , but when ??

Hello, here I comment errors I found:

* Please check the following API command:
localhost:9000/?pass=1234&action=inserttrack&filename=C:\song.mp3&pos=-3
-3 command (which functions as a bug -2), you should insert the song after the current song, but inserted before being played, you will notice when you try this command.

* With respect to buffer the problem is only in the metadata, the audio works fine.
This occurs in a streaming playback, I'm using a buffer of 50 seconds to start playback displays the name of the current song, but then not updated in any reproduction.

* Interface error: I have a default size for the registration panel, but by maximizing (resize) the program, the panel returns its original position. this error was introduced more than a year and a half and report, still has no solution, it is very annoying to be setting this up every time the program is maximized.

moh001
All right. I just don't get why you got disappointed so fast... only 4 days passed since you asked for a feature.
The update is not released yet - it's a beta version under development. Start time calculation improvements are planned for the nearest future.

nelson c
Thank you for reports - this will be fixed soon, including the old UI bug you've mentioned.

burglar
Thanks for update regarding Shell2Vst... Looks like Waves is protected against this.
We'll check on the MIC fading issue. You should also try chainging the Fadein/out setting for Microphone (Settings->Microphpne/Line.In).

Hello !

I have suggestion for extend makelibrary function. For example:

makelibrary C:\path to save\my.xml|C:\Music|D:\MoreMusic|Genre=Pop

- Add track from c:\music and d:\MoreMusic into my.xml filtered by Genre Pop

IgorPobi
Genre filtering will take some time especially if folder has many files.
Where do you plan to use the created music library file - in Playlist Generator Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back