RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is not right but not sure what and how

I had set a schedule to create the backup files to run at 00:02:00 but it did not run until 01:15:18

I have quite a few schedules to generate playlist between 00:05:00 and every five minutes until 00:55:00 but none of then ran.

What info do you need to be sent over to investigate ?

If you run the task to create a backup manually - how much time does it take to complete? It looks like all further execution was blocked by the backup event.

I'll let you know if I need any more information on this, but I think I see where the problem is :) Currently you should disable the createbackup event until a new version is released.

Hello
I noticed the beta is loaded into the radio Boss version 4.9.0.7 on reboot no playlist! Also some new event (make library) do not go for example!

mg
Michael Kopens

Hi dmitry

It only take a couple of seconds to complete the backup.

What came to my mind was the Popup telling me that the backup had been completed successfully. I did not note what time I pressed the OK button but it was way past 01:00:00 and was wondering if that has caused the other schedules not to run ?

I have disabled it for the time being.

Hello, I always had the feeling that something was wrong in the new crossfader "Trigger Mix".
Just realized where the problem is:
When activated by dB transition function, there is always a fade out, no matter what it is deactivated (even the blue stripe on the track panel, the present shows).

djmicbby said:
I noticed the beta is loaded into the radio Boss version 4.9.0.7 on reboot no playlist!
Do you mean playlists are not saved after you restart a program?

djmicbby said:
Also some new event (make library) do not go for example!
Please show the command you're using. Maybe there's syntax error.

dave-t said:
I did not note what time I pressed the OK button but it was way past 01:00:00 and was wondering if that has caused the other schedules not to run ?
Yes, I think the message box is the problem - while it stays, other events may not start. This will be fixed in .8

nelson c said:
Hello, I always had the feeling that something was wrong in the new crossfader "Trigger Mix".
When activated by dB transition function, there is always a fade out, no matter what it is deactivated (even the blue stripe on the track panel, the present shows).
Yes, this is by design - it sets Fade Out and Mix points to the same position when "Trigger Mix" option is used.
How do you want it to be? I think a setting can be added to control it.

Hi Dmitry,

Just tested the .7 version. The virtual sound card seem to be working fine on the VM. But now I have an issue with the tracktool on my physical machine at home. Tracktool does not start playing track at all whatever the soundcard setting is.

Btw, on previous tracktool version it was not possible to save a comment at the same time than setting trigger (start, intro, ...). An error message asking to stop playback was dispayed even if playback is stoped. All settings but comment where save. I had to reopen and set comment on it's own to get it saved. Did dot test on .7 version has playback does not work.

Christian

Just found a new bug. I install .7 as an adserver.
It receive a stream, check for DTMF and replace audio by Ad playlist accordingly to what is schedule .
The resulat is send to icecast.

When DTMF is detect the task use an immediate insertion of the Ad playlist, after playing the content it remove the plallist ans get back to the audio stream.

The issue is that sometime (about 70% chance)  the playlist (currently a single file) is immedialty skipped in the RB playlist window but still played. The result is that both the Ad file and the stream are mixed.
I have the same issue when starting the task manually. Sometime the file is played normally then removed and the stream is back again. But most of the time the file is removed immediatly but still played and mixed with the stream.

Christian

nelson c said:
Yes, this is by design - it sets Fade Out and Mix points to the same position when "Trigger Mix" option is used.
How do you want it to be? I think a setting can be added to control it.
In my opinion I think you should do the fade out according to the provisions in the field fade out, because if it does not have any sense this option.
We like a lot of overlap between the songs, so the new crossfader not useful.

Christian,
Thanks for your feedback. TrackTool bugs will be fixed in the next update.
Regarding the task problem - I thnk couple of screenshos would be helpful:
- playlist window
- event properties

Nelson,
It depends on music and personal preference :) A setting will be added to control this.

flous,
can you please give details on this: from where you're dragging and where you're dropping to.

djsoft said:
Nelson,
It depends on music and personal preference :) A setting will be added to control this.
I agree 100% that the musical style crossfader depend, Thanks for considering :)

hello, attached several errors of the reports folder of my notebook. some are from previous betas.
Thanks

Attachments

• Errores RB.rar
    138 KB · Views: 384
Nelson,
Thanks for bugreports. Some reports have information that application became frozen (hang) - did it hang? If it was, could you please give some details on what you were doing before it happened?

Sorry, I really do not remember. but it may be because my notebook has windows 8 and only 1GB of RAM and often hang at startup applications for that. (Soon'll add more memory)
Other times as it takes too long to load, RadioBOSS accidentally run twice and fails to write the log (which gives me the feeling that "run only one instance" does not work perfectly)
What I do remember the last two bug reports:
I opened RadioBOSS and scope to do anything that was generated these two errors.

RadioBOSS 4.9.0.8 is out!

- A setting added: Remember playlist file names for tabs (Settings->General)
- Crossfading: new setting added to start fading out on mix
- Lots of bugfixes

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.9.0.8_beta.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back