RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need information on how to install plugins?

I've seen how to , i just want to know what to choose, what to use , means i want a list of plug-ins with details so i can choose what i see useful for me ..

For the crossfading quiestion - the feature to disable mixing a file type with other file types or music will be added in one of the 4.9.x updates.

ok, great  :)

another 3 questions :

1- I can see " compressor "' as a plug-in , and I can see a difference between it and AutoAmp feature , yet can't tell , aren't both of them automatically adjusting the volume level ? so what's the difference ?

2- i see settings for broadcasting as a built-in feature , and i see RadioCaster , can't we broadcast without RadioCaster ?

3- is this product Russian ?

thanks  :)

Hi Dmitry, I am very happy with RB 4.9 :).
I wanted to remind my requests for radioboss 5.0, the order in order of importance:

1 - Ads climate:
Recently as many stations bought a digital weather station, which provides weather data in txt files.
For now this is shown to the audience for RDS, but I would like this to be played by radioboss (including a soft feature as basic as ZaraRadio).
There are many weather data gives us the meteorological station (temperature, wind speed, wind direction, daily rainfall, atmospheric precione, humidity, etc..)
But I think for now it would have to announce to the audience the temperature, humidity and would be great ads daily rainfall (only announce when than 0.0 mm)

2 - Jingles automated: Play automatically pisadores on points "Intro" song, according to the name of the artist or genre.

3 - Sigue Editor make the crossfaders on the current track.

4 - Send notifications of errors by email (Example is active silence detector, it lost the connection to the server, etc.)

5 - New skins, also would be good for users to design skins for example we could use png or jpg images.

6 - An auxiliary player, sometimes you have to play tracks in simultaneous and uncomfortable assigning tracks like effects.

7 - enable use winamp dsp for the microphone (I have understood that this disabled because the application has problems if used twice in the same plugin as the main output as well). I also like that the microphone processing extends to track voice recorder

Thank you, Nelson.

Bug

Highlight doesn't work in Scheduler after modified settings in View -> Window Font

Update :
All is OK after RB restart.

I agree with Nelson C with number 4 of his comment
Just want to add my 2 cents to that: can that have an option of sending a text message to a phone number if those errors happens. I think that would be more effective.

It happened twice and I saw it.
When I stop RB and when I restart it the Main Playlist was empty.
That is not normal.

In General Settings it is checked "Resume Playback".

pety said:
That is not normal.

It happened again and again.
That is a serious bug.

moh001 said:
I've seen how to , i just want to know what to choose, what to use , means i want a list of plug-ins with details so i can choose what i see useful for me ..
I'm afraid we don't have such a list here. You can browse Winamp DSP plugin list and try google for VST plugins. Some of the common ones are StereoTool, SoundSolution.
Which plugins to use depends on your needs.

moh001 said:
1- I can see " compressor "' as a plug-in , and I can see a difference between it and AutoAmp feature , yet can't tell , aren't both of them automatically adjusting the volume level ? so what's the difference ?
They work slightly different. AutoAmp is supposed to be better for music while Compressor is better for microphone.

moh001 said:
2- i see settings for broadcasting as a built-in feature , and i see RadioCaster , can't we broadcast without RadioCaster ?
You can broadcast using integrated broadcasting feature - RadioCaster is not required.
But in some cases RadioCaster is useful.

moh001 said:
3- is this product Russian ?
I'd say it's international :)

nelson c said:
Hi Dmitry, I am very happy with RB 4.9 :).
Thank you!

nelson c said:
1 - Ads climate:
nelson c said:
2 - Jingles automated: Play automatically pisadores on points "Intro" song, according to the name of the artist or genre.
nelson c said:
nelson c said:
6 - An auxiliary player, sometimes you have to play tracks in simultaneous and uncomfortable assigning tracks like
effects.
This is planned for one of the nearest versions.

nelson c said:
4 - Send notifications of errors by email (Example is active silence detector, it lost the connection to the server, etc.)
Yes, something like this is planned. I think it will be able to do HTTP request or send an e-mail.

nelson c said:
5 - New skins, also would be good for users to design skins for example we could use png or jpg images.
There's an experimental skin engine in RadioCaster - do you want something like this in RB, or you would like something more customizable?

nelson c said:
7 - enable use winamp dsp for the microphone (I have understood that this disabled because the application has problems if used twice in the same plugin as the main output as well). I also like that the microphone processing extends to track voice recorder
Yes, technically using Winamp or VST plugins is possible, it's jsut disabled for now. I think it will be enabled in the newer versions - it will just produce a warning message when one plugin is used twice.
I'm not sure about VT recorder... Maybe it will have its own DSP list.

pety said:
Highlight doesn't work in Scheduler after modified settings in View -> Window Font

Update :
All is OK after RB restart.
Did that appear only once or it still happens sometimes?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
I agree with Nelson C with number 4 of his comment
Just want to add my 2 cents to that: can that have an option of sending a text message to a phone number if those errors happens. I think that would be more effective.
Error notification will have a HTTP request feature so I think you can have a script which will send you an SMS :) I'm not sure if it's possible to create SMS feature which would work in all countries...

pety said:
That is not normal.

pety said:
pety said:
That is not normal.

It happened again and again.
That is a serious bug.
When you say you "stop RB" - does it mean you close it? After you stop it, do you restart your PC or do something else?
You say Main playlist becomes empty - what about other playlists, are their contents preserved?

nelson c said:
1 - Ads climate:
nelson c said:
nelson c said:
nelson c said:
6 - An auxiliary player, sometimes you have to play tracks in simultaneous and uncomfortable assigning tracks like
effects.
This is planned for one of the nearest versions.
That is good :).

nelson c said:
Yes, something like this is planned. I think it will be able to do HTTP request or send an e-mail.
This will be very useful certainly.
I found an application of competition RadioLogger that has this feature. maybe will be useful at a glance.
link deleted

nelson c said:
There's an experimental skin engine in RadioCaster - do you want something like this in RB, or you would like something more customizable?
If RadioCaster skins are very good. I think it might be a good solution for now. maybe in another stage would be good that the user can design other skins (as in old winamp 2.x for example).

nelson c said:
Yes, technically using Winamp or VST plugins is possible, it's jsut disabled for now. I think it will be enabled in the newer versions - it will just produce a warning message when one plugin is used twice.
I'm not sure about VT recorder... Maybe it will have its own DSP list.
Ok, I hope so.

One more doubt, is in the plans, automatic announcement rainfall?, (I know of a software that does it and I think it may be a good idea.)

Thanks, Nelson.

Yes, I closed RB. But not the content of playlist .m3u8 is empty. The content of the Main Playlist player was empty, even it was full and Schedule is ON.

At restart no track in Main Playlist and no playlist is loaded even "Resume Playback" is checked.

That is happening in Windows XP PRo SP3.

pety said:
Yes, I closed RB. But not the content of playlist .m3u8 is empty. The content of the Main Playlist player was empty, even it was full and Schedule is ON.

At restart no track in Main Playlist and no playlist is loaded even "Resume Playback" is checked.

That is happening in Windows XP PRo SP3.
It happened AGAIN.
I think I know why that it is happening.
I stop (close) RB when I play line in with RRA retransmission.
After restart Main Playlist panel has no track.
Can it be becouse of LineIN? Does LineIN have "resume"?

Thanks for fixing this annoing bug.

nelson c said:
If RadioCaster skins are very good. I think it might be a good solution for now. maybe in another stage would be good that the user can design other skins (as in old winamp 2.x for example).
I think most users will just use the supplied skins and never design their own :)
Most likely, the skin engine will be included in RadioBOSS 5.0.

nelson c said:
One more doubt, is in the plans, automatic announcement rainfall?, (I know of a software that does it and I think it may be a good idea.)
Maybe it will be a part of automatic weather announcement feature.

pety
I think I know what the problem is. RadioBOSS 4.9 doesn't save scheduled entries (those with "clock" icon) when saving playlist contents - it preserves only normal tracks (the "note" icon). Is this the case?

djsoft said:
pety
I think I know what the problem is. RadioBOSS 4.9 doesn't save scheduled entries (those with "clock" icon) when saving playlist contents - it preserves only normal tracks (the "note" icon). Is this the case?
I send you now the screenshot of my RB. I will make a video capture and I will send it to you for more detailed info.

Thanks!

Attachments

• my_screen_of_RB.png
    my_screen_of_RB.png
    141 KB · Views: 624
pety said:
djsoft said:
pety
I send you now the screenshot of my RB. I will make a video capture and I will send it to you for more detailed info.

Thanks!
So, in this case (on a screenshot), after you close and restart RB you'll have only two tracks left: #1 and #6, others will be removed because they were inserted by scheduler. Is this the problem? I think a setting can be added to control this.

djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
pety

Thanks!
So, in this case (on a screenshot), after you close and restart RB you'll have only two tracks left: #1 and #6, others will be removed because they were inserted by scheduler. Is this the problem? I think a setting can be added to control this.
No, the problem is what I described before screenshot. The screenshot comes after I managed with the problem. I will make a video an I will send it to you.

In short words "Resume Playback" doesn't work in XP SP3 when program started.
I'll send a video today.

pety said:
I'll send a video today.
That's strange - Resume playback feature doesn't depend on OS, it should work everywhere.
Waiting for a video.

djsoft said:
pety said:
I'll send a video today.
That's strange - Resume playback feature doesn't depend on OS, it should work everywhere.
Waiting for a video.
I send video. There is a link in your email.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back