RadioBOSS 5.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
Listeners are complaining about the sound going messed up only when I go to talk weird? I told nothing I could do until RB devs fix it.
It's not a fix, I'd call it a lack of a feature :) Currently RB does not allow you to do what you want, but it's planned for the future. Currently you can change plugin configuration (listen to your own stream to test) to remove all the negative effects, e.g. disable some unnecessary plugins.
So i have to suffer with crap quality radio for the sake of multiple plugins merging together as one and messing up each other? I might wait till 5.3 if this will effect sound cause its making my background music and mic mess up bad.

Hi Dmitry,

More a question than a request as I did not tested it. Is RB forward ShoutCast V2 tags when playing a stream?
More precisely are stream artwork and track artwork forwarded when playing (relaying) a ShoutCast V2 stream that contains such information?

Christian

WBGS-Founder said:
So i have to suffer with crap quality radio for the sake of multiple plugins merging together as one and messing up each other? I might wait till 5.3 if this will effect sound cause its making my background music and mic mess up bad.
I wouldn't say it's "crap quality", just disable some plugins which produce undesired results.

Christian said:
  More a question than a request as I did not tested it. Is RB forward ShoutCast V2 tags when playing a stream?
More precisely are stream artwork and track artwork forwarded when playing (relaying) a ShoutCast V2 stream that contains such information?
It forwards the title information, but not artwork.

djsoft said:
I'll add it to the request list. This feature may be added in one of the future updates.

Thx ;)

I am in the process of switching from Icecast to Shoutcast and that would be a nice to have.

Christian

Hi Dmitry, two problems:
install the version 5.2.0.7 in my transmitter. with the motive to test the synchronization of metadata. (which worked perfect on a test pc)
But I realized that always says "Network stream" (normal is saying this only when the loading buffer)
(I have the option to hide url on)
This makes not only the option to disable useless synchronization metadata. but it breaks a program that I have built property, to avoid silences when this loading buffer. (to detect that I'm loading buffer detected if it says "network stream")

Then I wanted to test the settings on my laptop with windows 10 and I realized that there is a bug.
In Windows 10 does not play streaming works, tested with the latest beta and the latest stable version.
always remains frozen in the picture I attached and never starts loading buffer.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 452
This is very strange but always says "Network Stream" on my pc transmission.
studies on the pc works fine (changes the contents of txt when streaming metadata change)
Attachment profile my pc transmission plant (the one with the problem)

Attachments

• send.prf
    11.5 KB · Views: 324
nelson c said:
studies on the pc works fine (changes the contents of txt when streaming metadata change)
Tested your profile, but the "nowplaying.txt" contains the actual stream title, as it's supposed to be. Could it be that you assigned a custom title when you were adding an URL?

nelson c said:
Then I wanted to test the settings on my laptop with windows 10 and I realized that there is a bug.
In Windows 10 does not play streaming works, tested with the latest beta and the latest stable version.
always remains frozen in the picture I attached and never starts loading buffer.
We'll do further testing on Windows 10 and if there's anything wrong, it will be fixed.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Tested your profile, but the "nowplaying.txt" contains the actual stream title, as it's supposed to be. Could it be that you assigned a custom title when you were adding an URL?
Nothing preset file type.
I have two instances of RB (latest beta) running on the same PC.
An instance has this problem, but the other works fine.
It is very strange.

radioboss had previously installed 5.0 and this error did not happen.
but this problem is not disable the synchronization of metadata.
(turn off this function and the problem persists)

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 446
edit: I went back to RB 5.0 and now it does not work. I guess it's something with my profile

Strange things are happening. Sometimes manually start playback of streaming again this air (and starts loading buffer) but says "Network Stream"

nelson c said:
radioboss had previously installed 5.0 and this error did not happen.
but this problem is not disable the synchronization of metadata.
(turn off this function and the problem persists)
Please make sure that the path where RB saves the nowplaying.txt file is correct. It looks like that you open one file while RB writes to another.

But i found that newly added events are with the color problem that i reported . unrecognizable text on blue background .
May be on some types of added events , but needs to be checked .
I tried the playlist newly added songs (drag&drop) , but there is no problem with this. Playlist is OK

I just added a new event (internet stream) and the problem appears again. Same black text on blue background. Note: Old added events that are already there are OK too. :)

klinsoft said:
But i found that newly added events are with the color problem that i reported . unrecognizable text on blue background .
May be on some types of added events , but needs to be checked .
I tried the playlist newly added songs (drag&drop) , but there is no problem with this. Playlist is OK

I just added a new event (internet stream) and the problem appears again. Same black text on blue background. Note: Old added events that are already there are OK too. :)
Thanks for reporting, added it to the list of bugs.

RadioBOSS 5.2.0.8: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.2.0.8.exe

Changes
- RadioBOSS main window can be fully accessed using keyboard only (Tab, Shift+Tab navigation)
- Added volume slider to Track Tool
- Bugs fixed

pety said:
Finally, MIC [WASAPI]Error! doesn't crash the RB  :)
I tested with DS too. In DS - No Device the MIC button disappear. It should do the same with WASAPI - No Device too, but it doesn't. The MIC button is still visible and active. It shouldn't.

There is no description (popup) for active tab with few characters.

Attachments

• _ActiveTabNoDescription_.jpg
    _ActiveTabNoDescription_.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 477
  • _ActiveTabNoDescription.jpg
    _ActiveTabNoDescription.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 478
pety said:
Finally, MIC [WASAPI]Error! doesn't crash the RB  :)
Yes, it was a tough one :)

pety said:
I tested with DS too. In DS - No Device the MIC button disappear. It should do the same with WASAPI - No Device too, but it doesn't. The MIC button is still visible and active. It shouldn't.
In this case it will show an error message that sound card can not be used. I think that's enough.

pety said:
There is no description (popup) for active tab with few characters.
Thanks for reporting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back