RadioBOSS 5.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WBGS-Founder said:
Well the product loads fine but wont recognize the music playing I a confused. Oh wait you said somthing about certain hz before did you not??
I don't remember. Can you please specify what's not working?

hello
Today I have the radio Boss 5.2.1.0 Installed and now tells me the Boss Radio should I update my extension and the radio Boss is now running in trial mode .. Why ?? I bought the Radoboss yet and I have to get my key, too !!

mfg
Kopens Michael

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.2 beta

What's new
Added "Dark" UI color scheme
Song Request API: allows to receive automated song requests
Listener number chart in Broadcasting Statistics
Tag Editor improved: fixed lots of bugs, faster artwork reading, ability to edit tags during playback
Cart wall improvements: hot keys, progress bar, grid resize, drag-n-drop
RadioBOSS can be accessible by keyboard only; improved compatibility with screen reader software
"DTMF Only" logic changed: now it only prevents event startup when there was no DTMF
"Next play" feature changed to Playback Queue
Track Tool redesigned
Scheduler Overlay player moved to bottom left corner
All tracks which were played in the Overlay player are now included in the report
VST and Winamp DSP plugins can be used for Microphone
Quick DSP configuration for microphone: right-click on MIC button
ASIO and WASAPI driver for pre-listen
Added a button to toolbar to record stream (activates the Stream Archive feature)
Stream Archive setting added: automatic start/stop when MIC is activated and deactivated
Added FLAC and OPUS support for Stream Archive
Level Meter and MIC button can be moved to the center of the window (View->MIC and VU meter in the center)
New columns added to the playlist: Play, Insert stop command
Playlist file name history for AUX players
Custom picture can be used as a picture for tracks with no artwork
Added ability to set Rating and File Type from the playlist
Notify when a track is going to end (flash in red)
"Tag from filename" right-click command added in Track Information panel
Notepad tab improved
Item spacing setting for library search
Library search: alternate colors in the result
Station logo (top right corner): preserves image proportions
"Skip after scheduled track" option for file types
Status bar shows listener numbers: current and peak
HTTP Request: %listeners variable to send listeners count

Scheduler
Event sweeper feature improved
New "getfile" scheduler command added: command allows to select one file from folder (newest, oldest or random) and, optionally, delete it after playback
Scheduler list can be filtered by day of week (List button->Show filters)
"Week Days" column added to event list
New "silencedetector (on/off)" command to contorol the silence detector from the scheduler
Warning when scheduler expiration date is in the past

Playlist Generator Pro
UI to generate multiple playlists
Maximum (MAX), Minimum (MIN) and Average (AVG or AVERAGE) variables to set playcount priority rules
Overlap amount can be set with fractions of second
Length filter improved (allows to specify seconds)
Preset rename: right click on preset name

Music Library
New feature: schedule automatic music library update (syncronize track with folder(s), update tags)
Multiple folders can be added at once from the Add Directory window
Improved the Check music tracks feature
Added "Scan BPM" feature (Tools menu)
Save search results as music library (xml) file
Added "item spacing" setting
Added Bitrate column

Advertisement Scheduler
Color indication in the advertisement list to show missed, expired and disabled tracks
Presets for grid
DTMF Only option for events
Added new feature: create report for advertisement track impressions within specified date range
Sweepers to make commercial blocks of desired duration

Report Generator
Split into pages/continuous report option added
Listener field to include the number of listeners in the record for each song

Fixes and minor improvements
scheduler off command did not turn off DTMF events
level meter shows MIC level with "Output to encoders only" option enabled
main windows library search sometimes failed on big libraries
main window library search: real track duration is shown
playback starts faster
fixed rare crash situation when tracks were added to the playlist
fixed bug: DSP was not applied to cart wall playback
fixed several bugs in Stream Archive feature
file name sorting for Track List and Playlist Generator now uses "natural" sort order (considers numbers in file names)
fixed scheduled events dragging between groups
fixed several "multiple action" scheduler event bugs
fixed: "makelibrary" command sometimes did not perform correctly
fixed bug: custom Segue Editor crossfade did not work with voice tracks
fixed: https:// streams did not play
fixed: "Do not mix" option for file types sometimes did not work
fixed: "stop" command bug in Playlist Generator
fixed bug when playlist columns were resized/reordered
fixed crash when video with no audio track was played
fixed: BPM filter sometimes did not work correctly in Playlist Generator
fixed: Music Library BPM sorting
improved repeat protection for Track List
fixed: scheduler and playlist columns sometimes were reordered when Windows Remote Desktop connection was used to control RadioBOSS
fixed: Music Library did not store the Last Played column
fixed: when files were dragged from Windows Explorer file size was detected as zero
fixed rare crash when RadioBOSS was closed
fixed: when sweepers was inserted gap killer was not taken into account
profile name is shown on the taskbar and tray icon
web browser is launched as a separate process for stability purposes
fixed scheduler list font bug
lots of other bugs were fixed

License key:
If you're a registered user, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please send an e-mail to sales@djsoft.net (use the "RadioBOSS 5.2 beta" subject). The free key expires January 31, 2015.

Download
RadioBOSS 5.2 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.2.0.10.exe (11/22/2014, 25Mb)
RadioBOSS 5.2 release: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup.exe

Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.

Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount - starting from 30% and up to 100% when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.

Song Request System

The Song Request System consists of:
  • Remote Control API commands to add song requests and clear the requested songs list.
  • Song Request window which allows to manually insert requested songs into the playlist. To open the windows in the main menu click View->Song Requests (or press Ctrl+Y)
  • Scheduler command to automatically play the requested songs
Song Request API commands (general information on Remote Control API: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/remote_controlapi.htm, see part II - "Performing an action"):

songrequest
Add song request.
Parameters:
"filename" - file name of a requested song
"message" - optional, message from a user who requested a song

songrequestclear
Clears the requested songs list.

Song Request - scheduler command:
To automatically play the requested songs use the playrequestedsong command.
Optionally you can specify a minimum time interval (in minutes) to delay song request playback: sometimes it's required that request: some music licensing authorities require a delay before requested song can be played. Example: playrequestedsong 30 - delay requested song playback for at least 30 minutes. The scheduled event with the playrequestedsong command should be set up to repeat e.g. every 10 minutes during the time period when you want to accept song requests.

getfile scheduler command
This command adds one file from a folder to the playlist. It can select oldest or newest (by date added) file, or random file.

Syntax:
getfile C:\path_to_folder [/random|/newest|/oldest] [/delete]

Example 1: play one file from announcements folder (newest added) and delete it after playback
getfile C:\announcements /newest /delete

The /delete parameter can be omitted if you don't want to delete a file after playback.

djmicbby said:
hello
Today I have the radio Boss 5.2.1.0 Installed and now tells me the Boss Radio should I update my extension and the radio Boss is now running in trial mode .. Why ?? I bought the Radoboss yet and I have to get my key, too !!

mfg
Kopens Michael
Please contact support@djsoft.net regarding this issue.

David said:
Mine did the same...After purchasing and also being a beta tester I think my license expired.
Sometimes beta tester key can interfere with your purchased key. Pretty rare, but happens. If there any issues with using your key, please contact our tech support - support@djsoft.net

nelson c said:
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It is very strange.
On another PC that was running 24 Hs tracklist, worked well.
Then change the folder to a folder synchronized by Google Drive (about 400 songs) and the program then hung a few hours.
Then restart the program and continued to hang up.
When this problem occurs, the CPU usage goes to 25%, the application is totaly frozen and no audio is output.
The issue happens only with Google Drive synchronized folder? Theoretically, that could be the cause. Can you try on the same PC on the regular folder - will it hang?
Before Google Drive had a normal folder and worked well. so I guess this is the problem.
Yesterday hung RB playing a track list, a common and current folder (it was not a synchronized folder).
estubo several weeks working fine until yesterday.
When it hangs, the interface disappears and is all white. and the cpu goes to 25% on a intel i3.

nelson c said:
Yesterday hung RB playing a track list, a common and current folder (it was not a synchronized folder).
When it hangs, the interface disappears and is all white. and the cpu goes to 25% on a intel i3.
How many files are there in Track List source folders and do you have any repeat protection rules set for Track Tool?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
How many files are there in Track List source folders and do you have any repeat protection rules set for Track Tool?
Dmitry,

Disabled rules repetition, 397 songs.

Surely there are some files that start or end points established in TrackTool.

Thanks

nelson c said:
Another Bug:
send the task name server does not work when "multiple actions" are used
Can you please confirm that the bug actually exists in the latest RB 5.2.1? We were unable to confirm the bug here.

Dmitry, I can not test this again in the same pc (if this happens again, our station is silent)
But next week will put to the test in another pc the same settings to see if I can reproduce the error.
we'll let you know the news.
Thank You

Small problem:
When "Output monitoring" is enabled the button to turn off the monitor output does not appear. (it is only visible after restarting your program)

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 573
nelson c said:
Small problem:
When "Output monitoring" is enabled the button to turn off the monitor output does not appear. (it is only visible after restarting your program)
Thanks for reporting, will be fixed in the next update.

Latest happened a very strange problem.
The music is short, and RadioBOSS stay frozen using 50% cpu, after a few seconds.
Were thawed and continuous music and returned to normal use the CPU.
No event was running.

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 613
nelson c said:
Latest happened a very strange problem.
The music is short, and RadioBOSS stay frozen using 50% cpu, after a few seconds.
Were thawed and continuous music and returned to normal use the CPU.
No event was running.
Are there any Track Lists involved? It could be that RadioBOSS tries to select the track from a Track List but fails to do so for a long time as you have repeat protection rules. This is fixed for the next update.

Not is a list of tracks, this will observe because it was right on the pc.
but not "operate anything," nor had an event (as mentioned)

nelson c said:
Not is a list of tracks, this will observe because it was right on the pc.
but not "operate anything," nor had an event (as mentioned)
It's hard to tell then what went wrong... If it's a one time issue, then it could be anything.

You saw this?

It's pathetic what they say here. 

I think not criticize another software make yours better. :-\

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 823
Forget for database.
RB is good and if anyone don`t like it , may just use what he wants but not to talk as a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back