RadioBOSS 5.3 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
pety said:
There is a problem with LineIN.
RB 5.3 did not keep the settings for LineIN fades from RB 5.2.
Is there a way to set fades for LineIN's? In Windows XP, of course.
Can you please provide mode information on that? Where the fades were stored?
I think I solved it. I added "line.in" as identifier in file type section and I assigned to it crossfades. Until now it works well, but I still monitor it...

djsoft said:
pety said:
Dmitriy
I know now why in some cases emhasizing works and in other cases doesn't.
When I have a track wich its name starts with character like this "#" emphasizing function for the track wich is playing doesn't function.
After testing this, I suppose that's because you use the # and @ characters as file type identifiers. In this case it conflicts with the file type's own background color.
Hmm... There is a problem. Pause (add timed pause...) has a # character. BUT in the playlist emphasizing function works great with it. And some other files wich do not use any of the characters named before are not displayed corectly too, in windows 7. Soon I'll make a capture of it.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
Dmitriy
I know now why in some cases emhasizing works and in other cases doesn't.
When I have a track wich its name starts with character like this "#" emphasizing function for the track wich is playing doesn't function.
After testing this, I suppose that's because you use the # and @ characters as file type identifiers. In this case it conflicts with the file type's own background color.
Hmm... There is a problem. Pause (add timed pause...) has a # character. BUT in the playlist emphasizing function works great with it. And some other files wich do not use any of the characters named before are not displayed corectly too, in windows 7. Soon I'll make a capture of it.
If a track belongs to one of the file types, and that file type has its own background color, then there will be no "playing track background" used to it (it will use the file type color).

The problem is not in Windows 7. It doesn't matter if # or $ is in track name. Emphasizing function works great. So, I think that there is a problem of code in RadioBOSS for windows xp.

Attachments

• _correcitInWin7.jpg
    _correcitInWin7.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 503
Another issue with emphasizing functionn
When a FileType is assigned (Commercial e.g.) emphasizing function also doesn't work.
This is in windows 7.
For me all those are evidence that emphasizing function doesn't work at 100%.
There are some issues...

Attachments

• _Win7_FTassigned.jpg
    _Win7_FTassigned.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 482
The problem with background of FT is that it is white by default.
So, in this case background emphasizing function is useless.

To work (emphasizing function) than File Type background color must be "none" by default, not white.

Or, for more user control, both (FT and Emphasizing) must have "none" by default background color. That let me choose the right combination.

djsoft said:
It's, actually, "none". The emphasizing bug will be fixed in the release version.
Look, FT background color is white as default. White is selected from the beginning...
The same color window is to emphasizing.

Unfortunately there is not transparent for background.

Attachments

• _WhiteDefault.jpg
    _WhiteDefault.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 537
NoCover doesn't work in beta version.
Can you fix it before stable version?

It should work like here:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4045.msg17862.html#msg17862

Thanks !

1. In Main Playlist I have an active track (playing);
2. In other Playlist Tab I have no tracks (empty playlist but playable).
3. I make active the empty playlist and press Enter key.
4. The result is that RadioBOSS play a non-existent track. It fades out and... nothing, of course.

Hilarious  :)

pety said:
djsoft said:
It's, actually, "none". The emphasizing bug will be fixed in the release version.
Look, FT background color is white as default. White is selected from the beginning...
The same color window is to emphasizing.

Unfortunately there is not transparent for background.
When you open the color dialog, it has to select a color, event if it's "none". Please wait for RadioBOSS 5.3 release - it will have this bug fixed.

pety said:
It wasn't changed... I'll check what could be wrong there - I'd also suggest you to check if you have a valid "nocover.png" file in the settings folder.

pety said:
4. The result is that RadioBOSS play a non-existent track. It fades out and... nothing, of course.

This is how it's supposed to be. It attempts to play a track from the playlist, but as the playlist is empty, it plays nothing...

djsoft said:
pety said:
It wasn't changed... I'll check what could be wrong there - I'd also suggest you to check if you have a valid "nocover.png" file in the settings folder.
I do have a valid. I just copied the old one to the new location. So, it is the same file.

djsoft said:
pety said:

This is how it's supposed to be. It attempts to play a track from the playlist, but as the playlist is empty, it plays nothing...
How to play nothing? I understand that now it is how it supposed to be, but it is wrong. THis is not a problem for me. I'll pay attention at this bug, but... believe me it is wrong. Tell me what to say to other people when they will see that RadioBOSS plays empty playlist? Which is the argument for this statement: "it's supposed to be".

klinsoft said:
Pety said filename as NoCover ... may be it makes sense of capital or regular letters?
Thanks for support Klinsoft :)
It is OK, I just copied the same file in the new location and did not work.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
I do have a valid. I just copied the old one to the new location. So, it is the same file.
Can you please send the file you're using? The bug doesn't reproduce here.

klinsoft said:
Pety said filename as NoCover ... may be it makes sense of capital or regular letters?
The case doesn't matter, NoCover.png should also work.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:

How to play nothing? I understand that now it is how it supposed to be, but it is wrong. THis is not a problem for me. I'll pay attention at this bug, but... believe me it is wrong. Tell me what to say to other people when they will see that RadioBOSS plays empty playlist? Which is the argument for this statement: "it's supposed to be".
This is not the use case for the software anyway... There's no practical reason to set the empty playlist as Active and play it without tracks, so I suppose we should just leave it as it is :)

djsoft said:
This is not the use case for the software anyway... There's no practical reason to set the empty playlist as Active and play it without tracks, so I suppose we should just leave it as it is :)
Dmitriy, I descovered accidentaly and if this happens in Live will be a mess.
Logicaly is:
if (playlist_empty AND hit_Enter_Key){
do nothing
} else {play_selected track}
THis is Logical and normaly.

djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
Can you please send the file you're using? The bug doesn't reproduce here.
Solved it! It was jpg not png. It works correct :)
Now must be solved the other issue (Empty playlist and play nothing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back