RadioBOSS 5.3 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is charging a (large) database, and you select another while is read, the program hangs completely (not even the button works to minimize or close)
I fix closing RadioBOSS with Task Manager.

Attachments

• problem.png
    problem.png
    467.5 KB · Views: 489
nelson c said:
When is charging a (large) database, and you select another while is read, the program hangs completely (not even the button works to minimize or close)
Do you use the "(All)" option, or you're switching from one single data base (large) to another?

wireradio said:
hi i tried adding sweepers but then they cut the songs in the same way is exact duration somthing ur working on
Yes, the exact duration will be added at some point in the future. Sweepers shouldn't cut the song, if you set them up correctly. Please read this page for more information (the Sweeper section): http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Do you use the "(All)" option, or you're switching from one single data base (large) to another?
I am not using "all". It was carrying RadioBOSS a database that contains all the music from the radio (230,000 songs) and while it was loaded, decided to switch on the other (which contains 4,000 songs).

There occurred this

nelson c said:
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I am not using "all". It was carrying RadioBOSS a database that contains all the music from the radio (230,000 songs) and while it was loaded, decided to switch on the other (which contains 4,000 songs).

There occurred this
Thanks for the info - will be fixed in the next update.

nelson c said:
recently just hang out while it was loading a database.
Something is really wrong
The database handling wasn't changed for the past several versions... Did something change in your system so it started to happen?

This problem already I was going on since the first beta 5.3 (although oddly, I think that less frequently).
Hard disk where all the music was malfunctioning,(sometimes took great time to find a clue) so this problem in RadioBOSS think was by the disk.
It makes a few days change this drive by a new one and the problem continued, so we rule out that it is a hardware problem.
This hard drive is the only thing that has changed in the system.

WorshipJesusRadio said:
Tried several times to remove duplicate tracks while creating database.
No duplicates removed.
Do you refer to the "Do not add tracks already in library" setting in the Add menu, or it's the "Remove duplicates" command in the Edit menu?

I remember that i was pressing too that option a couple of times to delete the duplicates ( it not delete them from first time) but i don`t remember in what version it was. . I think he talks about the "Remove duplicates" command in the Edit menu ( for the playlists )

klinsoft said:
I remember that i was pressing too that option a couple of times to delete the duplicates ( it not delete them from first time) but i don`t remember in what version it was. . I think he talks about the "Remove duplicates" command in the Edit menu ( for the playlists )
Quick test revealed no problem - the duplicates were removed from the database when I clicked Edit->Remove Duplicates...

RadioBOSS 5.3.0.1 release candidate
  • Updated user manual
  • Several minor bugs were fixed
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.3.0.1.exe

Big thanks to everyone who reported bugs or gave suggestions!

Dmitriy
There are some book icons in playlist.
What are they represented?

Attachments

• _book_icon.jpg
    _book_icon.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 444
I installed RB in Live.
First of all. Track emphasizing background doesn't work. No background color assign to playing track (even after OS restart).
Windows XP Home SP3

I usually use a pause by 5555 seconds in version 5.2.3.0.
In Beta version the same amount of seconds give me only one second.
So, this is a serious bug.

WinXP SP3

UPDATE

I will use it in this week-end in LIVE to test it in real time in a hard radio environment.

pety said:
Dmitriy
There are some book icons in playlist.
What are they represented?
There shouldn't be any book icons... Looks like a glitch. Do you use antivirus software? It could be the cause.

pety said:
Some other icons have different color
The gray icon means the track was played, and blue one indicates unplayed track.

pety said:
I usually use a pause by 5555 seconds in version 5.2.3.0.
In Beta version the same amount of seconds give me only one second.
So, this is a serious bug.
Just tried on the latest 5.3.0.1, and 5555 second timed pause is 92 minutes 35 seconds.

pety said:
I installed RB in Live.
First of all. Track emphasizing background doesn't work. No background color assign to playing track (even after OS restart).
Windows XP Home SP3
We do not perform extensive testing on Windows XP anymore... I've just tried it on Windows XP SP3 Pro, and all features work as intended. I've also tested other reports: currently playing track, playlist icons, timed pause - all works. I suppose it's something with your PC?

djsoft said:
There shouldn't be any book icons... Looks like a glitch. Do you use antivirus software? It could be the cause.
In 5.2.3.0 on the same PC is OK.
So, there is not antivir problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back