RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aux Player Freeze when try to play an URL.

Attachments

• Freeze_AuxPlayer_URL.jpg
    Freeze_AuxPlayer_URL.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 815
djsoft said:
Granaas6 said:
Hello. I have a couple of suggestions. Could there be a skip next song button or a next random song button? I have the playlist on random a lot and sometimes I don't want to hear what's coming up next and would like to skip it. Also, I would like to suggest more than 1 song in the "Coming up next" box.
You can re-init the random sequence by performing any edit operation on the playlist, e.g. cut and paste back the track.

Granaas6 said:
The newest version has a couple issues that I see. The song times are completely gone under now playing and my "On Air" is cut off. - see attached
Yes, I also see the ON AIR is cut - will be fixed in the next version, thank you for reporting.

A random song button would be better than me cutting and pasting songs from playlists. That's not really a solution. The way I change to a new "next song" when in random play is by re-ordering the columns. Sometimes it works. A "shuffle" or "new random song" button would make it easier. I still would also like to see more than 1 song in the cue "coming up next". How about Next 3 songs?

Also, in the latest beta version, the song times are still completely gone under now playing and my "On Air" is still cut off. New thing, my clock in the top left corner is now cut off so I cant see the mins before the top of the hour. I really need these things. I went back to the 5.3.3.1 version until these things are working again.

nelson c said:
Although not have permission to "Editing the playlist".
Users can drag files to the playlist from the file browser.
Thanks for reporting!

nelson c said:
So I thought in previous post establish an acceptable time difference parameter. So have many more sweepers available for each advertising block.
Currently it allows 1 second tolerance when searching for sweeper. I'd suggest you to create another topic with this issue, and post all your setup and expected results there - it will be easier to work with.

Joshua said:
if I set the mode to play only one song, the song is not removed from playlist. the option to remove the songs played is enabled. Works only when I play the songs throughout. My mistake, or a bug?
Do you refer to the "Queue mode" for playlist? If so, the tracks are removed after playback is completed (when track ends).

pety said:
There is a bug in Event Manager.
From Scheduler Wizard is not selected as command or track/playlist the event I want.
In the movie clip you'll see better.
https://youtu.be/MPWHQCDOod4
Confirmed. Will be fixed in the next update.

Granaas6 said:
A random song button would be better than me cutting and pasting songs from playlists. That's not really a solution. The way I change to a new "next song" when in random play is by re-ordering the columns. Sometimes it works. A "shuffle" or "new random song" button would make it easier. I still would also like to see more than 1 song in the cue "coming up next". How about Next 3 songs?
If you want to see what's going to play next, and also be able to change orfer, here's possible solution
- instead of shuffle, use menu command Playlist->Extra->Shuffle, it will shuffle tracks in the playlist, and as Shuffle mode will be off, tracks will play from top to bottom, and you'll be able to see what's up next (and change tracks when needed by dragging them
- if you want to re-shuffle the playlist from time to time, you can use the scheduler to do so: add event that starts the playlist and select "Shuffle playlist" option, also "Clear playlist" and "Do not delete tracks after playback" should be enabled too.

Granaas6 said:
Also, in the latest beta version, the song times are still completely gone under now playing and my "On Air" is still cut off. New thing, my clock in the top left corner is now cut off so I cant see the mins before the top of the hour. I really need these things. I went back to the 5.3.3.1 version until these things are working again.
Yes, from your previous bug report we figured out that it happens because of high DPI settings you use. Will be fixed in the next update.

djsoft said:
Granaas6 said:
If you want to see what's going to play next, and also be able to change orfer, here's possible solution
- instead of shuffle, use menu command Playlist->Extra->Shuffle, it will shuffle tracks in the playlist, and as Shuffle mode will be off, tracks will play from top to bottom, and you'll be able to see what's up next (and change tracks when needed by dragging them
- if you want to re-shuffle the playlist from time to time, you can use the scheduler to do so: add event that starts the playlist and select "Shuffle playlist" option, also "Clear playlist" and "Do not delete tracks after playback" should be enabled too.

Granaas6 said:
Yes, from your previous bug report we figured out that it happens because of high DPI settings you use. Will be fixed in the next update.

Playlist->Extra->Shuffle... I never knew that was there..Works great! Thank you!!

Hi Dmitry,

A long time since I did not update my wish list but it?s almost Christmas?
Do you plan to release a kind of beat matching feature like the ?Automix? feature of VirtualDJ? I assume radios such as ?I love 2 dance? radio (http://www.iloveradio.de/ilove2dance/) is using it. I think the beat matching mixing experience sounds really nice.

Will it be possible to set a playing duration of an inserted track or playlist. The idea beside this is to be able to play a 2 minutes content (either a single track or a playlist) for listeners that do not have Shoutcast adverts. At the end of the 2 minutes a sweeper will be played will ensure that listeners whit regular content and listeners with Shoutcast Ads will have a smooth transition at the end of the add break.

Christian

Christian said:
Will it be possible to set a playing duration of an inserted track or playlist. The idea beside this is to be able to play a 2 minutes content (either a single track or a playlist) for listeners that do not have Shoutcast adverts. At the end of the 2 minutes a sweeper will be played will ensure that listeners whit regular content and listeners with Shoutcast Ads will have a smooth transition at the end of the add break.

Christian
ADS Scheduler incorporates a feature that is very useful for this: the duration of the advertising block is established and the remaining time is filled with sweepers.

I'm just about to open a post with some ideas to improve this, some of the things that are important:
-It is necessary to choose different tracks is updated whenever ADS scheduler.
-if Great time to fill, Example 8 minutes. you should use several sweepers.

This mechanism is much more transparent than you raise and more tedious for the audience, since no track will be interrupted to return to the main transmission (although it is much simpler mechanism)

If you have ideas or comments about this I would love to hear it.

Christian said:
Hi Dmitry,

Do you plan to release a kind of beat matching feature like the ?Automix? feature of VirtualDJ? I assume radios such as ?I love 2 dance? radio (http://www.iloveradio.de/ilove2dance/) is using it. I think the beat matching mixing experience sounds really nice.
Automix Virtual DJ is not as good how are you mixing. (I love 2 dance)

I doubt something automated, you can create as good mixtures. Perhaps it is a tool Sigue Editor style but with capabilities such as managing Pich and stuff, and mixtures are set manually.

Christian said:
Hi Dmitry,

Christian

this can be done in radio boss but it alot of time and track editing you would have to set the cue mixing point of the song for temp or premit and to be honest you will have to make a play list to what your are requesting with the beat tempo and matching the mix point and everything to get the effect your requesting  can it be done yes!!!!!

nelson c said:
ADS Scheduler incorporates a feature that is very useful for this: the duration of the advertising block is established and the remaining time is filled with sweepers.
I will check this feature and give you my feedback ;)

To nelson & worldfamous704djs

I am using the tracktool editor to place start, fadein, intro, outro, mix, fadeout and endcue points already. But there is no beat synchronisation and tempo adaptation. The segue editor can manually help but not for tempo modification.
The "Automix" feature gives amazing results it is worth trying it. It detects best position for mixing, adatps the tempo of the tracks, gets beats synchonised, does the mixing and smoothly get back to original track tempo. It's not like a human DJ but provides amazing results for an automated tool. With RB tracktool cue points to helps choose the mixing points it could even be better results.

Christian said:
This has been requested by other users too, and as I recall, you made such a request in the past, too. The problem here is I'm not sure that it can be done automatically with good results, and it's pretty complex feature to implement. It's in the future plans, but for now I can't promise anything...

Christian said:
Do you mean set a duration of inserted scheduled event?

nelson c said:
I'm just about to open a post with some ideas to improve this, some of the things that are important:
-It is necessary to choose different tracks is updated whenever ADS scheduler.
-if Great time to fill, Example 8 minutes. you should use several sweepers.
It already uses up to 2 sweepers, but I think the selection should be improved - something will be done about it in next updates.

nelson c said:
When the information will be updated of the new features?.
We need information to test them  :)
The User Manual is being written now, it should be ready for the next update.

djsoft said:
Christian said:
Do you mean set a duration of inserted scheduled event?

Yes. The inserted event should last for 120 seconds from the start it is being played.
For Shoutcast Ads I need to play a sweeper to trigger the Ad break. Typically only listeners in USA, UK, France will hear a targated Ad break. Listeners from the rest of the world will hear the regular audio content. Shoutcast Ad Break last for exactly 120 seconds. I then need a clean way to get back to regular content for both groups of listeners. An easy way is to play the Ad trigger sweeper (2 seconds) than an instrumental track (or a minimix) and after 117 seconds interrupt it with a 4 seconds "landing" sweeper and go back to next track in the RB playlist.

djsoft said:
Christian said:
This has been requested by other users too, and as I recall, you made such a request in the past, too. The problem here is I'm not sure that it can be done automatically with good results, and it's pretty complex feature to implement. It's in the future plans, but for now I can't promise anything...
The Virtual DJ Automix feature is really impressive. In addition the RB cue points it could really be great to have, at least for Dance radios. Not sure it could fit Jazz style radios  ???
Developping such a feature will definitivelly be complex I agree! Maybe it could be a licenced plugin that would be an extra paid option in RB!

Christian said:
djsoft said:
Christian said:
The Virtual DJ Automix feature is really impressive. In addition the RB cue points it could really be great to have, at least for Dance radios. Not sure it could fit Jazz style radios  ???
Developping such a feature will definitivelly be complex I agree! Maybe it could be a licenced plugin that would be an extra paid option in RB!
I agree.
RB crossfader are perfect for 'normal' radio.
This would apply techniques DJ at a radio station. :)

It would be very interesting to see that software uses this station to implement this in RB.

I'm listening iloveradio:
-Channel "Top 40" of the station has crossfader "Conventional"

-The songs are all very similar BMP. (Even I think jingles)
This helps a lot to give your mixes so great.

Christian said:
The Virtual DJ Automix feature is really impressive

Maybe I know not configure the virtual DJ AutoMix option, but does horrible things and makes it very clear that this automated.I Prefer RB simple mixtures that.
I used similar BPM trance music and did terrible things:
-Put down several seconds of silence at the end of some songs
-Other Songs framework starting points to 70% of the song
- Overlaps vocal of the songs
- Remove vocal and very quickly becomes apparent the transition. (Should remove the bass and leave vocal  a long time)

If it is as you say and mixtures are automatic, it is well above the automix algorithm that includes VirtualDJ.

Christian said:
Yes. The inserted event should last for 120 seconds from the start it is being played.
For Shoutcast Ads I need to play a sweeper to trigger the Ad break. Typically only listeners in USA, UK, France will hear a targated Ad break. Listeners from the rest of the world will hear the regular audio content. Shoutcast Ad Break last for exactly 120 seconds. I then need a clean way to get back to regular content for both groups of listeners. An easy way is to play the Ad trigger sweeper (2 seconds) than an instrumental track (or a minimix) and after 117 seconds interrupt it with a 4 seconds "landing" sweeper and go back to next track in the RB playlist.
Is it possible to prepare 2 minute tracks for this case? I'm not sure how time-limitation should be implemented. Will it just adrupt the event and start playing the next track? This would probably doesn't sound very nice...

Christian said:
The biggest problem here is beat detecting. Doing it automatically and reliably is not too easy... RadioBOSS has BPM detector, but its results are still too far from perfect. Anyway, this feature is added to the future developments list, I'll see what can be done to implement it.

nelson c said:
Maybe I know not configure the virtual DJ AutoMix option, but does horrible things and makes it very clear that this automated.I Prefer RB simple mixtures that.
I, too, have big doubts that good mixing could be done automatically. Maybe slight tempo adjustment and shy attempts to position tracks relatively to each other to make their beats go together can be made, just as a little improvement to current mixing engine. There's a chance that mixing will sound better.

The "Automix" seems to be a very hot subject  ;D
That is true that at Clubbing Station (http://clubbingstation.com) we use extended DJ versions only and not radio edit. This would help the Automix by having a long intro and outro compared to radio edit version. We use the tracktool to place cue points that best sound for RB.

For the Adbreak request
Yes Dmitry using dedicated 120seconds prepared tracks is a nice sotution except it's a lot of work. Shoutcast Ad breaks are scheduled twice the hour. Even 200 prepared track library will rapidly be boring to listeners. That is why I was suggesting to use the instrumental tracks from our music library. All instrumental tracks are already identified by a special tag. This in used be the PlGenPro to avoid playing 2 instrumental tracks consecutively.

Playlist with voice track.
I would like to be able to generate playlist in advance to be able to record voicetrack during a single weekly session.
The dailly playlist at Clubbing Station is currently broken into 3 parts 1st part a less than 129bmp at night, 2nd part a "no repeat" during working hours not to play the same track twice and finally a 128bpm and over at the evening. Each playlist is generated in the background 10 minutes before it starts to exclude tracks that have been played for the past hours by the previous playlist.
This implies to generate a playlist just before it is played and cannot be generated in advance.
Now I would like to include voice tracks and do the recording during a single session for the week. Of course when recording voice tracks I would like to introduce the next tracks that are going to be played. Any idea on how to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back