RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmitriy
Why there is not categories in categories for PGPro?
This request comes from a lot of RB owners.
C'mooooon...

Christian said:
Yes Dmitry using dedicated 120seconds prepared tracks is a nice sotution except it's a lot of work. Shoutcast Ad breaks are scheduled twice the hour. Even 200 prepared track library will rapidly be boring to listeners. That is why I was suggesting to use the instrumental tracks from our music library. All instrumental tracks are already identified by a special tag. This in used be the PlGenPro to avoid playing 2 instrumental tracks consecutively.
What about this solution: create another event that starts two minutes later, to simply performs the next command? It will terminate the current event and go to the next track. Of course overhead of duplicated events is not convenient, but for now I'm not sure when/if the feature to limit scheduled event duration is going to be implemented.

Christian said:
I would like to be able to generate playlist in advance to be able to record voicetrack during a single weekly session.
The dailly playlist at Clubbing Station is currently broken into 3 parts 1st part a less than 129bmp at night, 2nd part a "no repeat" during working hours not to play the same track twice and finally a 128bpm and over at the evening. Each playlist is generated in the background 10 minutes before it starts to exclude tracks that have been played for the past hours by the previous playlist.
This implies to generate a playlist just before it is played and cannot be generated in advance.
Now I would like to include voice tracks and do the recording during a single session for the week. Of course when recording voice tracks I would like to introduce the next tracks that are going to be played. Any idea on how to do that?
That means, that all playlists (first, second and third parts) should be generated in one go, so that repeat rules will work across playlists. Currently playlist generator can do it, but only create multiple playlists using the same preset. I think it can be extended to allow creating multiple playlists using different presets. Does it sound like a solution?

pety said:
Dmitriy
C'mooooon...
Yes, this is still in the list, but implementing such a thing is not an easy task (it turned out that it's technically way more different than I at first thought). Will be added at some point in the future. I'm sorry for the broken promise.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Dmitriy
C'mooooon...
Yes, this is still in the list, but implementing such a thing is not an easy task (it turned out that it's technically way more different than I at first thought). Will be added at some point in the future. I'm sorry for the broken promise.
I made huge PlGenPro Presets database for a lot of events. When I need some preset(s) I replace existing one with the new one and so on. But that mean that only a technician can do it. When I teach about RadioBOSS this situation is a disturbing aspect. Categories solve this huge work.

pety said:
I made huge PlGenPro Presets database for a lot of events. When I need some preset(s) I replace existing one with the new one and so on. But that mean that only a technician can do it. When I teach about RadioBOSS this situation is a disturbing aspect. Categories solve this huge work.
Perhaps my previous answer was about a different feature request (using presets inside presets) - can you please explain in details what feature you would like to see? Maybe a different forum topic dedicated for this discussion would be better.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Perhaps my previous answer was about a different feature request (using presets inside presets) - can you please explain in details what feature you would like to see? Maybe a different forum topic dedicated for this discussion would be better.
In my case there is a modular approach.
[list type=decimal]
[*]M(odule)1 - makes playlists for entire week. It is a bat script which remains unchanged.
[*]M2 - plGenPro Presets for specific events (ex. 1 - 7 dec playlists contain 3 everyday music tracks and one for christmas; 7- 14 december: 2 everyday music tracks and 2 christmas music tracks; 14-31 december: only christmas music.
[/list]
To make presets for every event in the year I need to make Categories for every hour and different playlist structure. Hour by hour (00:00 - 23:00) I make this huge work. If I do not save my presets in the next event of the year I have to make it from the beginning (spend at least five hours).

Why cannot copy one or two  Category from a Preset (hour or whatever) to another Preset? To make, for example, the same stupid 12-25 steps for 36 Presets (playlists) is a nonsense. Or why you and your team do not think a better way to do that?

pety said:
Why cannot copy one or two  Category from a Preset (hour or whatever) to another Preset? To make, for example, the same stupid 12-25 steps for 36 Presets (playlists) is a nonsense. Or why you and your team do not think a better way to do that?
This feature is almost imlemented and I think it will appear in this RadioBOSS 5.4 release. It's designed to simply import one or more categories from another preset.

djsoft said:
pety said:
This feature is almost imlemented and I think it will appear in this RadioBOSS 5.4 release. It's designed to simply import one or more categories from another preset.
That's a great news. Hope to be real.

RadioBOSS 5.4.0.2 beta

Changes:
- minor changes in user interface and menus;
- fixed some UI problems on systems with high DPI settings;
- improved accessibility (new hot keys, added text to some unlabeled buttons);
- Text-to-Speech can read text from a file (specify file name as TTS text), the file can contain MS Speech XML API tags;
- new scheduler command to send strings to COM port (send COMX text);
- improved "maximum time wait" for overlay events;
- Fixed double-start problem on some PCs;
- Fixed total playlist duration calculation;
- Fixed speaker assignment for PFL;
- Fixed network stream prelistening;
- Fixed network stream disconnect detection;
- User Manual updated (including information on new features).

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.4.0.2.exe

pety said:
Dmitriy, if I use this beta version in LIVE would it be a wise decision?  ::)
Wise enough. There are no critical or medium-priority bugs open in our bugtracker. Even if something goes wrong, you can quickly install previous version, RadioBOSS can be upgraded and downgraded and all settings will be saved.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Wise enough. There are no critical or medium-priority bugs open in our bugtracker. Even if something goes wrong, you can quickly install previous version, RadioBOSS can be upgraded and downgraded and all settings will be saved.
I'll install it in the morning  :)

pety said:

we are using it live to find the bugs and the flaws how else can you beta test something under normal use. go head and test drive it live on air

Install the latest in host PC Beta emissions.
We'll see how it works.  :)

This bug still present:
When the PFL output is muted if the volume control is touched, the silence is disabled.

I'm trying "Show Duplicate Tracks".
How often a sign "Too many track" appears, and scanning continues to accept duplicate tracks.
If it is not accepted, the playback stops.

I'm testing it in a playlist of 6400 songs.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 515
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back