RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another suggestion to my first posting

There is an Windows 10 skin implemented. But it's a bright UI. Maybe you're able to make a fully dark "Windows 10" UI? :)

Also, how seen on my screenshot, the "dark UI" does not have a effect on the tabs of the additional workspace

se-schwarz thank you for the suggestions! I added all of them to be implemented in the next update.

se-schwarz said:
There is an Windows 10 skin implemented. But it's a bright UI. Maybe you're able to make a fully dark "Windows 10" UI? :)
The Windows 10 controls are light by default, so dark theme is not possible under those circumstances... You can adjust the styles in the Style settings - e.g. make the Windows 10 theme a bit darker.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
"Week of month" Super useful feature. But I have a question.

When run this event?: need be run only the third Sunday in September.

But I think that also will run the first of September
It will only run on the 3rd Sunday of September, because 1st of September doesn't match the week filter.
OK, works as I want to. but is half confused. Maybe would be better to fill with this case "*" the day in the date.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
By what I see not is added the "hour of playback" in the command geyplaylist. Is it possible that you add in this beta? I saw two users seeking the same thing not long ago in the Forum.
Yes, there's another command added: "getplaylist2" - it includes some of the playlist columns and works faster than "getplaylist".
Least note is more rapid. The problem is has less columns and would redesign software already built. It is possible to add the StartTime column a getplaylist. I will use Getplaylist2 in new developments.

New priority rules: Year, Genre
I would like to increase the priority to the songs of the this year, and the year before. (is it possible to add the year macro (?yyyy)=2016/(?yyyy)-1=2015

I thought I was going to have a complete redesign of the day and start time on the Planner section.
Although they added "number week" and "ignore year", which are very useful. Occurs that several times is must run an event in several dates different and this only is possible duplicating events.

Maybe you can add something like. "Moments of start": a radiobutton that have the options "one only": works as until now. "many": the date section disappears and is replaced by a list. with the option of adding various dates for that event. (see image)

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    28 KB · Views: 662
djsoft said:
se-schwarz said:
The Windows 10 controls are light by default, so dark theme is not possible under those circumstances... You can adjust the styles in the Style settings - e.g. make the Windows 10 theme a bit darker.

Hi Dmitry,

Windows 10 supports "dark mode" UI since the last update (anniversary update), Codename "Redstone".
But it isn't important.

More important is, that RB 5.5 beta have an issue with style settings (see screenshot below).
E.g. the formatting settings for the playlists standard font doesn't have any effect to the playlist.

Configured: white text, bigger and bold (because white text on dark background is better than black text)
Effect: nothing. The text is small and black, no chance to change

Attachments

• Screen_00047_004.jpg
    Screen_00047_004.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 679
nelson c said:
OK, works as I want to. but is half confused. Maybe would be better to fill with this case "*" the day in the date.
It's just "Nth week day of the month". If you select 1st and 2nd, and Week days is set to "Mondays" then it will play on 1st and 2nd Mondays of the month.

nelson c said:
Least note is more rapid. The problem is has less columns and would redesign software already built. It is possible to add the StartTime column a getplaylist. I will use Getplaylist2 in new developments.
I'll see what can be done, but I think we'll extend the "getplaylist2" instead. What columns do you find missing?

nelson c said:
I would like to increase the priority to the songs of the this year, and the year before. (is it possible to add the year macro (?yyyy)=2016/(?yyyy)-1=2015
You can use "Now" for the current year, the "Previous" will be added in the next update.

nelson c said:
I thought I was going to have a complete redesign of the day and start time on the Planner section.
Although they added "number week" and "ignore year", which are very useful. Occurs that several times is must run an event in several dates different and this only is possible duplicating events.

Maybe you can add something like. "Moments of start": a radiobutton that have the options "one only": works as until now. "many": the date section disappears and is replaced by a list. with the option of adding various dates for that event. (see image)
Complete redesign is totally impossible as we have to maintain compatibility with previous versions. Changing things a lot will make updating the software a nightmare for our users...

Can you please specify the example where multiple start times/dates are required (and are not covered by existing features)? By the way, there are plans on adding "Every month" and, perhaps, the "Day of the month" selector (similar to "Hours" but select days 1-31).

nelson c said:
When no there is nothing selected. (should disappear those buttons)
Yes, will be fixed.

nelson c said:
Start events since the Api is implemented? This is very important for us
This will be in this version, but a bit later. This is being internally tested right now.

se-schwarz said:
Windows 10 supports "dark mode" UI since the last update (anniversary update), Codename "Redstone".
But it isn't important.
I'll take a look at it. But from what I can tell, when it's released, you can do the following:
1. Select the Dark theme in RadioBOSS
2. Change the UI Theme for this style to Windows (instead of Carbon) - then it will use Windows 10 controls, and if you use "dark" Windows 10 controls, then you'll have native dark theme for W10.

se-schwarz said:
More important is, that RB 5.5 beta have an issue with style settings (see screenshot below).
E.g. the formatting settings for the playlists standard font doesn't have any effect to the playlist.

Configured: white text, bigger and bold (because white text on dark background is better than black text)
Effect: nothing. The text is small and black, no chance to change
Yes, this is a bug in predefined styles, the "Played track emphasizing" is incorrectly saved there. Only played tracks will be marked in black. Will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for reporting!

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It's just "Nth week day of the month". If you select 1st and 2nd, and Week days is set to "Mondays" then it will play on 1st and 2nd Mondays of the month.
Of course, but for example in the picture below.
It will play only the third Sunday in September.
But according to the interface, also you could think that it will run 1/9

If I understood wrong, just won't be run in September. (Not in other months) This is just what I need

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 629
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I'll see what can be done, but I think we'll extend the "getplaylist2" instead. What columns do you find missing?
Need us the intro and playcount
Add it would be great

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
You can use "Now" for the current year, the "Previous" will be added in the next update.
That's great. Thank you

djsoft said:
nelson c said:

Complete redesign is totally impossible as we have to maintain compatibility with previous versions. Changing things a lot will make updating the software a nightmare for our users...

Can you please specify the example where multiple start times/dates are required (and are not covered by existing features)? By the way, there are plans on adding "Every month" and, perhaps, the "Day of the month" selector (similar to "Hours" but select days 1-31).

If that is true, for some users it may be chaotic.

Happens that sometimes have to run an event Monday at 10 o'clock in the morning and Tuesday at 11 o'clock in the morning. For these cases there is no other solution that is not duplicate events. But it's not something very annoying.

I think that with addition of "Week" last, it is powerful enough for what I need.

nelson c said:
Start events since the Api is implemented? This is very important for us
This will be in this version, but a bit later. This is being internally tested right now.

OK, some ideas: I think should be able to call an events from the Api by any code or the name of the event.
I would like to use this for start blocks of advertising, of way similar to as working them tone DTMF. When you receive a command Api, starts the event that is within the range of 5 minutes.

For other things also is useful, start events only with the command API

I'm starting to try the Sweepers: gap killer is taken into account
First problem:
If I use the option "generate lists of reproduction for lists empty", the block whole should contain a sweepers of the duration of the block advertising. Currently no advertising lists are empty.

Assign Type for ads; check if two or more consecutive ads have the same type
It is a feature very useful. But I think that the name not is very clear. Maybe would be better "category of ads"

Something else: view and edit rating of songs will be add in RB 5.5?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
With it is possible to see statistics when not using radioboss as encoder? (I use another pc with RadioCaster)
Partially possible - use the "Start built-in encoder" feature and specify the stats server you want to use as Relay.
I'm testing with shoutcast V2.
I have the error "socket error # 11001host not found".
in the field stream id have "1" (the number of shoutcast stream)
When typing that ip and server browser entry correctly to the web server
The password that I use is that of the server administrator or RadioCaster which use to connect to the server?

nelson c said:
Of course, but for example in the picture below.
It will play only the third Sunday in September.
But according to the interface, also you could think that it will run 1/9

If I understood wrong, just won't be run in September. (Not in other months) This is just what I need
If you use both date and "Week days" then date specifies the event start date - the event will run on and after that date, considering the "week days" and "weeks" settings. So in your case, it will not run on 1/9 because it's not 3rd week of the month. It is mentioned in the user manual by the way :)

nelson c said:
Happens that sometimes have to run an event Monday at 10 o'clock in the morning and Tuesday at 11 o'clock in the morning. For these cases there is no other solution that is not duplicate events. But it's not something very annoying.
Yes, this will require duplicating the events... In the future I think we'll figure out some solution for this, probably "Additional start times" feature, as you said before.

nelson c said:
OK, some ideas: I think should be able to call an events from the Api by any code or the name of the event.
I would like to use this for start blocks of advertising, of way similar to as working them tone DTMF. When you receive a command Api, starts the event that is within the range of 5 minutes.
Yes, identifying av event is a problem. Currently the main method of working with events is to get events list and access them by index. "Name" is not unique identifier, so can't be reliably used.

Good job for your translation in French !!
A new world opens before me, it takes little to be happy! ! and I will finally discover RadioBOSS every corner without being forced to "googleliser" all words. Again thank you for this historic day, I'll play the lottery now!
    congratulations  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back