RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweepers for commercial filling I think that she is not functioning properly. (always passes the time much more margin for error) Testing with a folder with more than 2000 songs, and the result was that of the attached image.

in several tests threw lists of this duration:
08m 10s; 08 m 25s; 13m 35s  (these values were calculated from the time of reproduction of the Log)
As I said before always more, and in the last case is unacceptable

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 495
nelson c said:
So you need sweepers to be added to empty blocks as well?
Exact  :)
[/quote]OK, it's scheduled for one of the next updates :)

nelson c said:
Another bug:
sometimes disappear data of the current track from the list. (I'm using queuque mode). Display correctly until the track began to play. (happen sometimes)
How often does it happen? Can you provide steps to reproduce it?

nelson c said:
Problem with the intro bar continues to occur. (Do not be seen)
Sometimes works and then stops working. I can still not give me that is what triggers it to work or not
I remember you reported it several times before... We are still were unable to reproduce it and I fail to see why it can happen, even theoretically. In the future I think this problem will go away, when we do major audio engine redesign and rewrite.

nelson c said:
I'm testing the feature to increase the priority for tracks of this year. However I do not feel that is working. There are few songs of this year generated lists.
Try generating playlist with and without this rule and compare the number of current year tracks. Also, try generating longer playlists, e.g 24 or 48 hour.

nelson c said:
Create a shortcut in the keyboard would be great. for example on the track selected in the list, keys shift + keys left or right to up or down the rating.
We'll consider adding this feature. May be click on stars in the playlist to set the rating.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Create a shortcut in the keyboard would be great. for example on the track selected in the list, keys shift + keys left or right to up or down the rating.
We'll consider adding this feature. May be click on stars in the playlist to set the rating.
Great, At first I thought this option. The problem is how to avoid an accidental change. A question for confirmation or having to confirm the change by using the enter key for example, would be an uncomfortable

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Another bug:
sometimes disappear data of the current track from the list. (I'm using queuque mode). Display correctly until the track began to play. (happen sometimes)
How often does it happen? Can you provide steps to reproduce it?
Not always, but most often happens when the track above it another belonging to a type of file

Sometimes also occurs without a file type preceding it.
I think that it only occurs with checked option View->"updating the current track information". (I just turned off and seems not to happen more. if I see the problem again I'll report)
Also I need information about which is the function of this feature.

In the tag editor: When I start to edit the metadata, but not I save changes and option of duress another track, the data is not loaded until option of duress "Discard changes". It is half annoying.

nelson c said:
Sweepers for commercial filling I think that she is not functioning properly. (always passes the time much more margin for error) Testing with a folder with more than 2000 songs, and the result was that of the attached image.
It makes several tries to add sweepers, and if all attempts fail, it gives up and inserts random sweepers. I added it to the list of bugs, this should be improved.

nelson c said:
Great, At first I thought this option. The problem is how to avoid an accidental change. A question for confirmation or having to confirm the change by using the enter key for example, would be an uncomfortable
Confirmation is no way, this is too clumsy... Hot key seems to be a valid solution. Will be considered for the next update.

nelson c said:
Not always, but most often happens when the track above it another belonging to a type of file

I think that it only occurs with checked option View->"updating the current track information". (I just turned off and seems not to happen more. if I see the problem again I'll report)
Can you please clarify what option was unchecked that fixed the problem
- Selection follows playback (this one changes the selection to the currently playing track. Not recommended to use!)
- Track Information follows playback (this one updates the Track Information tab with the currently playing track)

nelson c said:
In the tag editor: When I start to edit the metadata, but not I save changes and option of duress another track, the data is not loaded until option of duress "Discard changes". It is half annoying.
This is done on purpose. As it was before, when Track Information updates regardless of anything, you would lose all your metadata edits when the next tracks starts - this is even more annoying :) Now if you edited metadata, you need to either save or discard the changes to allow its further automatic updates.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It makes several tries to add sweepers, and if all attempts fail, it gives up and inserts random sweepers. I added it to the list of bugs, this should be improved.

nelson c said:
Confirmation is no way, this is too clumsy... Hot key seems to be a valid solution. Will be considered for the next update.

nelson c said:

Can you please clarify what option was unchecked that fixed the problem
- Selection follows playback (this one changes the selection to the currently playing track. Not recommended to use!)
- Track Information follows playback (this one updates the Track Information tab with the currently playing track)
The problem occurs with:
-Track Information follows playback

Another thing:
Selection follows playback (disabled), does not work when using queue mode

nelson c said:
The problem occurs with:
-Track Information follows playback
OK, I was able to reproduce it couple of times... The issue seems to be semi-random. Should be fixed in one of the next updates.

nelson c said:
Seems to be working fine here. Can you please provide more information on what happens?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Seems to be working fine here. Can you please provide more information on what happens?
This feature in disabled mode function, is to avoid changing the selected track when it starts a new song not? here this is selected whenever it starts a new track.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
This is done on purpose. As it was before, when Track Information updates regardless of anything, you would lose all your metadata edits when the next tracks starts - this is even more annoying :) Now if you edited metadata, you need to either save or discard the changes to allow its further automatic updates.
Okay, shortcut to escape (with the focus on any field Edition of), of maybe is could use to discard changes  :)

Something step by editing the metadata, bringing the metadata of another click on a track that is edit the metadata above. (See image) is very complicated to replicate as it was this already to click twice to store metadata. (the second already had clicked another track).
This is the only error uncomfortable RB 5.5, although it is not worrying.

Something else: for when the next installment Beta is planned?

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 447
nelson c said:
This feature in disabled mode function, is to avoid changing the selected track when it starts a new song not? here this is selected whenever it starts a new track.
This bug was confirmed, thank you!

nelson c said:
Okay, shortcut to escape (with the focus on any field Edition of), of maybe is could use to discard changes  :)
Yes, this would be a good addition. The ESC key will discard the changes in Track Information.

nelson c said:
Something step by editing the metadata, bringing the metadata of another click on a track that is edit the metadata above. (See image) is very complicated to replicate as it was this already to click twice to store metadata. (the second already had clicked another track).
Can you please provide more information on what were you doing to make this happen?

nelson c said:
Something else: for when the next installment Beta is planned?
It's under development now, should be ready within couple of days.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Can you please provide more information on what were you doing to make this happen?

It's all cumbersome, since it was necessary to press enter twice, to save the metadata of a track. The first was made on the track selected. The second on another track. (still haven't gone the previous metadata), by which I think that changes were not saved the first time.
This error is very cumbersome to try to replicate that happened. I think I need that error you need to press two times enter to save, be corrected to provide step-by-step information of this another bug.

nelson c said:
It's all cumbersome, since it was necessary to press enter twice, to save the metadata of a track. The first was made on the track selected. The second on another track. (still haven't gone the previous metadata), by which I think that changes were not saved the first time.
This error is very cumbersome to try to replicate that happened. I think I need that error you need to press two times enter to save, be corrected to provide step-by-step information of this another bug.
OK, some changes will be made to Track Information, and there's a chance that this bug will go away in the next update.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
Couldn't the broadcast statistics be a tab beside the log tab instead of a pop out box? or even give the option to do one or the other
This is a good idea, but the problem is that the Log window is usually small and there may be not enough space for stats. Another possibility is to include the Stats window in the work zones - we're considering this idea as future improvement.

There is a bug in Search, when I try to look for a track in Folder.
Image + bug files

Attachments

• bugreport_20160824-091305.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 403
  • bugreport_20160824-091317.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 385
  • Search-Folder.jpg
    Search-Folder.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 444
RadioBOSS 5.5.0.1

This release fixes most of the reported bugs - thanks for everyone who sends us bugreports!

Changes:
  • Ability to use statistic relays without encoder (leave the Server field empty)
  • Improved search in File Explorer (Enter key to continue searching)
  • Scheduler category added to the Settings window
  • Right click menu for playlist columns
  • Playlist Generator: "equals" rule
  • Fixed "Out of Memory" when saving large (200,000+) music library
  • Fixed several User Management bugs
  • Fixed: sometimes RadioBOSS closed slowly
  • Fixed: with Queue Mode selection always moved to the playing track
  • Changed Ads Scheduler icon
  • Ads Scheduler: "Add Sweeper to empty block" option
  • Ads Scheduler: fixed adding sweepers (sometimes duration was way off)
  • Minor UI improvements
  • Other bugs fixed
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.5.0.1.exe

Hello,

Great to know about the new beta. Has the documentation been updated to include the API changes etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back