RadioBOSS 5.5 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
These categories contain decades, and an internal sub genres. Then in PLGen Pro you can have a very strict control of what is emitted from very simple way.
For example a program of classics of rock from the 90's and 80's can be very easy.
In addition manage this with drag and drop is much more simple to use playlist.
Just drag from a window of a file manager, playlist, or another category is I could import the XML.

I was testing different software generation of playlists and almost all use this method.
Do one test and the result is great.

Drag a song from one category to another, the song, from the source category is removed. If you want to keep dragging by pressing control, then it is copied.
In RadioBOSS it's done a different way, using the Comment filter. Please see this page: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen-cat2.htm

The idea is that all tracks have information assigned in the comments e.g. "rock, 80s, slow" and you select tracks based on the comment filter.

Organizing music library is categories is totally different task. Most of the tracks fill in more than one category, for instance.

It's totally different task to prepare categories, then assigning tracks to categories, and updating it constantly. It will also likely require setting up database server... I'm not sure currently that RadioBOSS should move this way. But maybe a more convenient UI to edit comment field.
I believe that it is necessary to the creation of a post dedicated to discussing this issue.
The weekend I will do it

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Bug in Playlist Gen Pro. Two tracks from the same file without respecting the snooze time
Please check playlist generator log (you can send it here): click Settings->Open Settings Folder, open Log, and there you'll see "playlistgenerator.log" file - I suppose it was unable to find a track to fit all rules, and simply took random one.
Atacching log

Attachments

• playlistgenerator.log
    376.9 KB · Views: 333
Fadersmix said:
Wow !! 8,000 titles change wav to flac? In the mp3 no problem, it is the minority in my library of music, these would remain so.

Probe en Flac and only works INTRO. NO OUTRO works, finally, this OUTRO I do not care if it does not work.
In this service "Voicetrak" on the song INTRO I interest me much more than work well.

Too bad we can not do Voicetrak in wav files and it seems very strange. Well, hopefully not too distant future, RadioBoss can work well in this area of Voicetrack. Seguire looking outside.

Thank you, great RadioBoss tool.
We disabled WAV file tagging on purpose: adding the tag to WAV file renders it as "corrupted" for some other software. So one option is to convert WAV files to FLAC. Or we can add a setting to enable WAV file tagging, but I'm not sure why to use WAV format? It has very limited tagging support, also occupies lots of disk space.

Fadersmix said:
The same thing happens to create two playlists with "Playlist Generator PRO"
Can you please provide more information on the problem?

nelson c said:
Atacching log
Do you know the preset name where you encountered the problem? As you can see in the log, there are lots of presets that generate "Unable to find appropriate track" error - this means one or more of the rules is too strict.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Atacching log
Do you know the preset name where you encountered the problem? As you can see in the log, there are lots of presets that generate "Unable to find appropriate track" error - this means one or more of the rules is too strict.
The preset is "Programacion Diaria" generated the day two of November

There are no error messages for one... Please check that no music categories where those tracks present have the "Ignore repeat protection settings" checked. Please also send the repeated tracks and your preset to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

djsoft said:
Fadersmix said:
Wow !! 8,000 titles change wav to flac? In the mp3 no problem, it is the minority in my library of music, these would remain so.

Probe en Flac and only works INTRO. NO OUTRO works, finally, this OUTRO I do not care if it does not work.
In this service "Voicetrak" on the song INTRO I interest me much more than work well.

Too bad we can not do Voicetrak in wav files and it seems very strange. Well, hopefully not too distant future, RadioBoss can work well in this area of Voicetrack. Seguire looking outside.

Thank you, great RadioBoss tool.
We disabled WAV file tagging on purpose: adding the tag to WAV file renders it as "corrupted" for some other software. So one option is to convert WAV files to FLAC. Or we can add a setting to enable WAV file tagging, but I'm not sure why to use WAV format? It has very limited tagging support, also occupies lots of disk space.
I understand explained regarding WAV.
To not keep trying to understand whether certain functions is compatible with this or another format, I want to ask uprightly; Is it advisable or RadioBoss 100% compatible with WAV files functions?
On the other hand, the WAV use in transmission online is much better than mp3, then I do not understand, because discard WAV if supported ID3V2 for even minor details?

Regarding re-enable this feature intro and outro to WAV would be wonderful, if not inappropriate and unstable for this format.

Fadersmix said:
The same thing happens to create two playlists with "Playlist Generator PRO"
Can you please provide more information on the problem?
I still keep a list where artists are repeated

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (13).png
    Captura de pantalla (13).png
    194.2 KB · Views: 408
I'm sorry that WAV files are not supported... The best solution as I proposed before, is to convert to FLAC. Adding tags to WAV files is not a good idea because it corrupts the files.

djsoft said:
I'm sorry that WAV files are not supported... The best solution as I proposed before, is to convert to FLAC. Adding tags to WAV files is not a good idea because it corrupts the files.

Hello Dimitry, thank you very much for the clarification, everything is clearer now. Use Wavelab for audio editing and with the "Process By Lots" will make a conversion from Wav to Flac very fast.
Greetings and thanks  :D

The file contained information that was not updated. I guess that was of when it had set only "TXT, previously."

nelson c said:
The file contained information that was not updated. I guess that was of when it had set only "TXT, previously."
The file is created here with no problem... Both TXT and TXT UTF8. Check if write access is not blocked to the folder where the file is created.

Attempt to save as.  Application became unresponsive after unknown error received.
Had to restart losing the entire playlist I was working on.

upon restarting - playlist has gone.  unable to save as. Results in Unknown Error!

Report Sent!

Attachments

• radioboss error!.png
    radioboss error!.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 408
Thank you for bug reports. I did a quick look at it but it's unclear where the problem is... If it happens all the time, try switching to standard UI theme (select "Windows 10" style in RadioBOSS), as it seems that theme may be related.

djsoft said:
Thank you for bug reports. I did a quick look at it but it's unclear where the problem is... If it happens all the time, try switching to standard UI theme (select "Windows 10" style in RadioBOSS), as it seems that theme may be related.

djsoft said:
If it happens all the time, try switching to standard UI theme (select "Windows 10" style in RadioBOSS), as it seems that theme may be related.

Only started happening recently if I attempt to "New Playlist" (asks to save current playlist)"Open", "save" or "save as". 
There is a 3-4 second pause and where one expects the "file Folder" to pop up to enter the "savefile" name, the error appears instead.
Radioboss is unresponsive after this and has to be closed by task manager or the Options via the "Details" button of the error popup.

I have reinstalled but to no avail.  Tried previous build to no avail too.

If I attempt to restore settings the error also occurs.

Resetting to defaults had no effect

Changing the theme to Windows 10 or Default has not resolved the issue.

ACCESS VIOLATION
When attempting to set the Voice Track Library in "Settings"

EDIT
Actually, I am getting the error if there is any attempt to save or load. I have attempted to insert a voice track into the playlist and the error pops up!

And Access Violation on Voicetrack record save

Attachments

• radioboss access violation on voicetrack.png
    radioboss access violation on voicetrack.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 394
  • radioboss access violation on voicetrack record.png
    radioboss access violation on voicetrack record.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 436
From the bug reports you've sent, it appears that the problem occurs when RadioBOSS calls Windows Shell functions to display system dialogs (save, open, select folder etc). Usually, the reason is a 3rd party software that installs Shell extension and this extension causes such problems.

If you can recall what software you've installed recently, then removing it should solve the problem. I also suggest to perform virus check, sometimes virus activity can cause such errors.

There's nothing we can fix from RadioBOSS, the issue is somewhere else.

djsoft said:
From the bug reports you've sent, it appears that the problem occurs when RadioBOSS calls Windows Shell functions to display system dialogs (save, open, select folder etc). Usually, the reason is a 3rd party software that installs Shell extension and this extension causes such problems.

If you can recall what software you've installed recently, then removing it should solve the problem. I also suggest to perform virus check, sometimes virus activity can cause such errors.

There's nothing we can fix from RadioBOSS, the issue is somewhere else.

Thank you. 

There is a bug in RB.
When I open a playlist in production player (tab) RB should have shows me the name of the playlist and the right day.

I open playlists for Tuesday and RadioBOSS shows me this:
Nov15-04.m3u8 [Monday]

but it should be

Nov15-04.m3u8 [Tuesday]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back