RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.6.1? Please click Settings->Open settings folder, send the teaser.log file from the Log subfolder - we'll check what could be wrong there.

Yes, RadioBOSS 5.6.1 is my current installation. 
Observation - The delay of 6 - 8 seconds seems to occur when the teaser follows my "Jingle" file type.  It works as expected when it follows a music file type.

I have attached the teaser log and have two short video clips to demonstrate the issue.

Also, Ticking or Unticking the "Sidechain Compression" (Right Clicking on MIC Button) in Mic settings "Menu", seems to have no effect regardless of the "Voice Activation - sidechain compression" checkbox being selected. (Bug?).

Attachments

• teaser.log
    220.3 KB · Views: 408
Cheshunt Radio said:
Observation - The delay of 6 - 8 seconds seems to occur when the teaser follows my "Jingle" file type.  It works as expected when it follows a music file type.

I have attached the teaser log and have two short video clips to demonstrate the issue.
Thank you. The log indeed indicates some delay - we'll try to find what's causing it. Preceding jingle files should not have any effect on it... it must be something else. I think this will be resolved in the upcoming 5.6.2 update.

Cheshunt Radio said:
Also, Ticking or Unticking the "Sidechain Compression" (Right Clicking on MIC Button) in Mic settings "Menu", seems to have no effect regardless of the "Voice Activation - sidechain compression" checkbox being selected. (Bug?).
The MIC has to be turned on for sidechain to work.

I'm having an issue with the beta, after a few days the volume goes almost mute and has to be restarted, any idea?

mmoosa said:
I'm having an issue with the beta, after a few days the volume goes almost mute and has to be restarted, any idea?
Please download and install the software from our web site: http://www.djsoft.net

Dmitry, since the tool "copy in a folder" sometimes throws errors with some tracks, I would like the option "copy" of the playlist also physically copy the files, to be able to paste them in another location physical.

nelson c said:
Dmitry, since the tool "copy in a folder" sometimes throws errors with some tracks
If you refer to Playlist->Extra->Copy to folder feature, it only throws an error when copying the file is not possible by some external reasons: the file is inaccessible, destination drive is full, network folder where you copy to is read on etc. You should find the cause why copy fails and it will work. What is the error message by the way, does it give any clues on why it fails?

Dmitry,

Can you advance any of the features that are advertised for RB 5.7? :D
Beta date would also be interesting ;D

RadioBOSS 5.7 beta should be released in November. Some of the new features are: extended streaming statistics: view stats for extended time ranges, keep stats when RadioBOSS restarted; automatic intros for tracks, select intro file by criteria, play before a track.

Great  :), and with respect to:
-Classify songs by Time, mood, etc.
-New audio engine (for more accurate mixing)
-External database for network use.

There are chanses of these things for 5.7? :D

nelson c said:
-External database for network use.
No chance of this? Generating a network playlist from 20,000 songs is taking a long time ... And each time we are adding more songs.

nelson c said:
No chance of this? Generating a network playlist from 20,000 songs is taking a long time ... And each time we are adding more songs.
RadioBOSS 5.7 will cache tags in the embedded database to eliminate the need to re-read the tags from the music files. So if your music files are located on the network, generating a playlist will be much easier.
Caching has some problems too, e.g. if files tags are modified frequently, then the cache will not work.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
So if your music files are located on the network, generating a playlist will be much easier.
Caching has some problems too, e.g. if files tags are modified frequently, then the cache will not work.
The big problem with this is the "last play". I use this field to set priorities for rotation. With that idea, this feature will not work. Or at least it will only be updated at a certain time. What is the problem with adding an external database? Or is there a lot of work behind this?

nelson c said:
What is the problem with adding an external database? Or is there a lot of work behind this?
The problem is how to map a record in the database to a file that is located on a network. When used on a local computer, it simply maps using the full file name. But with network drives paths could be different: you can use the network folder directly, or map it using different drive letters. All this will result in different file names.

The idea of working in network, part of which always the location of the files is the same for the whole network. If not, nothing makes sense.
All the Automation software I know working network works this way, this is usually accompanied with a NAS where all the music is stored. But when using a networked folder the location has to be the same.
These software allow you to import the songs to the database from a terminal other than the air terminal, and then the broadcast pc already has those songs available in the library.
If the location is different, not even Playlist Generator can generate playlists.
Currently I work in this way: An auxiliary pc generates the lists, and then that the air pc loads and reproduces. If the location of the files were different nothing would work.

nelson c said:
The idea of working in network, part of which always the location of the files is the same for the whole network.
If that's the case, e.g. a NAS drive has the same drive letter on all the computers that work with it, then it will work fine with databases.
Support for remote databases (opposed to embedded SQLite) can be added in RadioBOSS 5.7. It could use such databases to store tag and additional information. This will greatly reduce the time needed to load track source to the playlist generator.

I'm glad it's included in RB 5.7  :D

I also think it would accelerate the times to load a playlist on RadioBOSS. Read a playlist with 20,000 songs take your time ;)

nelson c said:
I also think it would accelerate the times to load a playlist on RadioBOSS. Read a playlist with 20,000 songs take your time
Yes, this will be sped up too. However, caching will not work properly if the files are modified somewhere else, outside of RadioBOSS, e.g. some 3rd party tag editors. Some tools to manage the cache will be added to handle such cases.

If that's true, then it'll be necessary. It could be as simple as 2 options:
-Synchronize metadata to database
-Synchronize from database to metadata

Counting the days to test RadioBOSS 5.7  ;D

nelson c said:
If that's true, then it'll be necessary. It could be as simple as 2 options:
I think one option like 're-sync data'. Also it will try to do this automatically as much as possible.

nelson c said:
Counting the days to test RadioBOSS 5.7 
It should be out in November :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back