RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, with how we do music synchronisation at our station with Radio BOSS, we have a master computer which houses all the music files we want. The master computer is where we add any music or update the databases etc.

There are robocopy scripts which run continuously on the master computer. An example script is this:

robocopy "C:\Music" "\\STUDIOBLUE\Music" /E /TS /FP /XO /NP /PURGE /LOG:"C:\Scripts\Logs\STUDIOBLUE-Music.log" /Z /MON:1 /MOT:1 /R:10 /W:30 /MT:64

With the /MON and /MOT flags, it scans the C:\Music folder on the master computer every 1 minute, for any 1 file change. If detected, it does a push to the studios (the blue studio in the example above).

All three computers which have Radio BOSS in our station use "C:\RadioBOSS" as their primary folder which houses everything. This folder is actually a symbolic link which points 'C:\RadioBOSS' to the applicable radio boss folder on each PC (e.g. C:\Users\Radio\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1584329963).

We then always reference "C:\RadioBOSS" and playlists, databases, music etc. all works properly after the synchronisation is completed. This negates the need for network hosted databases.

The above script only does music, but we have different scripts which sync databases, music, playlists, and the ad scheduler.

It is a bit of a complex setup which I custom made to suit our needs, but the reason we did it that way is because local playback is always preferred for us. Network issues can arise and affect playback with network hosted files.

Just thought I'd share our set up for anyone facing a similar issue of trying to keep multiple computers linked with RadioBOSS.

Dmitry,
It is possible to add an option to see the dates and times that a file was played? (not only the last reproduction) I think it could be implemented analyzing the logs. :)

nelson c said:
It is possible to add an option to see the dates and times that a file was played? (not only the last reproduction) I think it could be implemented analyzing the logs.
Not the best solution, but you can see all date/times played in the report generator. Set the filters to include only one file.

This is not at all comfortable, you lose a lot of time. I think you could add a section of last reproductions in Tracktool as they have other programs.

nelson c said:
This is not at all comfortable, you lose a lot of time. I think you could add a section of last reproductions in Tracktool as they have other programs.
Yes, you're right. We'll think of some solution, e.g. store multiple entries in the "Last played" tag. Analyzing reports can be time consuming.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Yes, you're right. We'll think of some solution, e.g. store multiple entries in the "Last played" tag. Analyzing reports can be time consuming.
It's a great idea. :) Reading of last reproductions through the Log is not only slow but also more complicated. (You have to type the name of the song).
The idea is that it can be easily seen with just a few clicks. Last 5 reproductions for example can be a good idea. It would also be useful to be able to see the first reproduction, to know from which date a track is broadcast.

will be added view and edit the Ragin of the songs from the API in RB 5.7? :)

I hope little is missing for the beta. As in each of them, I am anxious to see the new features. ;D

RadioBOSS 5.7 will offer API to read and write tags for files. You'll be able to edit song ratings using it.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.7 will offer API to read and write tags for files. You'll be able to edit song ratings using it.
Great!, very useful and expected feature :D

Macros for the year in the filters in Playlist Generator Pro will be available? (Current-1 for example)

nelson c said:
Macros for the year in the filters in Playlist Generator Pro will be available? (Current-1 for example)
If you need previous year, you can use the "prev" value.

Dmitry, I would like to be able to set a background color for each item in Playlist gen pro (as in file types). It would be a great improvement for the easy identification of the types of files in the rotation

Still issues with teasers not firing on time or not at all! It seems to work fine when the playlist is not changed and just left to play :( 

nelson c said:
Dmitry, I would like to be able to set a background color for each item in Playlist gen pro (as in file types). It would be a great improvement for the easy identification of the types of files in the rotation
Good idea, noted for the future updates. Thank you!

Cheshunt Radio said:
Still issues with teasers not firing on time or not at all! It seems to work fine when the playlist is not changed and just left to play  
Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.6.2? If so, are there any error messages in the log?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back