RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Here's the attachment. Although it seems to be correct. In today's day is still happening in the log
This is not a bug: in the report you don't have the "Title" column, but use the Filename column instead, and that will be empty for scheduled commands and many other log entries. Please see the image attached where (your report file is loaded there).
He's right, I'm sorry about this. :-\

Playlist Generator in RadioBOSS allows increasing priority for tracks that weren't on air for some time. You can also lower priorities for tracks that were played recently. This, combined with repeat protection rules and filters should provide enough "freshness" :)
I am working with this a couple of weeks ago, combined with increase or decrease the priority according to the rating of each song. In the first instance the result was great, but now it is occurring an "unwanted effect" that is not how to solve.
When playing a track, the priority is lowered by 40% for the next 7 days (to have that "freshness effect"). Playlists are set at approximately 10 thousand songs of various rating. The problem is that now there are fewer high priority tracks (Before high priority was just having high rating), and therefore more low priority tracks are played than before and this is not good.

I had clues that came out once every few months (songs that are not well known but help just the freshness) and now play more often. This at one point is contradictory because the basic idea of greater rotation of high priority tracks is fulfilled to perfection and I am very happy with the result. Only now there are too many low-rated tracks. I'm thinking momentarily filter the tracks for rating greater than "2"

Any idea or thought is welcome

I'd suggest lowering the period, make it 2-3 days instead of 7, this way you will greatly reduce the number of low-priority tracks because they played recently.

Another solution, in addition to (or instead of) reducing the number of days: create cascading rules, for instance:

rule 1 - decrease priority by 10 for tracks that were played 1 day ago
rule 2 - decrease priority by 10 for tracks that were played 3 days ago
rule 3 - decrease priority by 10 for tracks that were played 5 days ago
etc.

The rules stack up if the track falls for multiple rules.

Example. In this case, if a track was played just now, it falls under all rules (1, 2 and 3), so its priority will be decreased by 30. If a track was played 2 days ago, its priority will be decreased by 20 because of rules 2 and 3.

You're welcome - if you don't mind, please share the results after some time, did it become better. I'm thinking about including this approach in help (or how-to section).

djsoft said:
You're welcome - if you don't mind, please share the results after some time, did it become better. I'm thinking about including this approach in help (or how-to section).
Of course if, in a few days share the results  :)

On the other day of the record, I think there's a problem. (The columns had narrowed alone)
Now I'm seeing as it does not match your header with the content

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 467
I'm thinking of a simple idea but I think so far no software programmer of music implements.
Increase the priority of the songs whose metadata this content in news of a user-specified RSS.

For example yesterday died the vocalist Linkin Park, the producers took advantage of this moment to launch a new video of the band.

Then the music of the stations would become more appropriate to the "moment we are living". For example, the day of the arrival of spring can be like a manual music, which plays songs that in its title say "Spring".

nelson c said:
I'm thinking of a simple idea but I think so far no software programmer of music implements.
Increase the priority of the songs whose metadata this content in news of a user-specified RSS.
This kind of thing better be done manually by station manager, I think... Analyzing news and prioritizing songs by it is a difficult task to implement (also news can be positive or negative), and IMO it does not add much value to the software.

You can make the station sound different in some moments:
- Set up start and end dates for some songs using Track Tool. For instance, you can have music that plays only ion Christmas and other special periods of time.
- Set up different playlist generator templates to use in different parts of the year.

djsoft said:
This kind of thing better be done manually by station manager, I think... Analyzing news and prioritizing songs by it is a difficult task to implement (also news can be positive or negative), and IMO it does not add much value to the software.
Maybe a list of external words is useful (like a txt)
With the words to raise or lower priority.
Then the director of the station can load the most important words and the software does automate the task.

Spotify is arming lists based on the weather forecast, it is known that cloudy or rainy days like more Melancolicas songs. These new ways of programming music make things more interesting, only you have to identify each song with a state of mind.

It still sounds to me a very situation specific, and some sort of special feature - I don't think it will be very useful for RadioBOSS users...

I've been busy and lost track of this but saw you recently released 5.6.0.1. Just installed it this morning and it's working well. Thanks, our presenters love it.

Dmitry,
Here is an error when I use the simultaneous player with DTMF and I challenge "Cancel"

Attachments

• bugreport.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 407
djsoft said:
You're welcome - if you don't mind, please share the results after some time, did it become better
He does a great job. There is a greater rotation of songs and the higher rating tracks are played more often as I wanted.
The music is far from being random beyond the categories. The last reproduction and the rating make things very interesting.

It's a great idea to make a guide on cascading rules! :)

nelson c said:
He does a great job. There is a greater rotation of songs and the higher rating tracks are played more often as I wanted.
Thanks for an update in this! I'm glad the approach worked fine for you - this will be included soon in the How-To guides so anyone can benefit from it.

In the latest build there seems to be an issue with the Teaser. It either is delayed causing a gap or is missed altogether leaving a gap.
This happened in a previous build and was reported but then the build that followed addressed the issue.  This build seems to have the "bug" again. 

Cheshunt Radio said:
In the latest build there seems to be an issue with the Teaser. It either is delayed causing a gap or is missed altogether leaving a gap.
Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.6.1? Please click Settings->Open settings folder, send the teaser.log file from the Log subfolder - we'll check what could be wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back