RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
nelson c said:
After the update in my test PC, RadioBOSS is hung when starting playback. (For what I see has to do with the database)
Yes, it appears that database fails under certain circumstances - should be fixed in the next update.

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Now its not showing, But i notice when i am casting the response time to server varies. But when i reboot software, Well its pretty much instant. Why is this? Why does software delay time to server randomly, Witch should not do that it don't matter if i am casting for 5 hours 4 days should be instant always.
I'm not sure if I understood the question. What is the response time?

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Also do I need to own VB-Virtual audio Cable?
VB Cable is free software, but if you find it useful, please consider donating some money to its author: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

jopara said:
How do I add the Teaser Scheduler?
Please click the Wizard button in the event window, select "Automatic announcement" then select "Teaser".
 
djsoft said:
I think the work should be made shorter, like "Set.", or just leave "Set" as it is. It's not easily possible to make a font a bit smaller for technical reasons.
Yup. I have an idea. You don't need to make the font smaller.

So, I'll wait for the strings update :)
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
se-schwarz said:
So, I'll wait for the strings update
It wouldn't take long - the next update will be released within two days.

nelson c said:
Planned for this version?
The Auto Intro feature is planned for the next major update, RadioBOSS 5.7.
 

jopara

Member
Hello, regarding the Teaser:
I'm doing a lot of testing with regard to this new function, which as I said, is very interesting. There are the issues:

What melting time is there between the tracks? Is it possible to tell RadioBoss the melt?

Thank you
 

FREDERICVELU

New member
Could it be possible to implement a Level Parameter for each encoder instance ?
i explain : When you send many streams with many audio codecs, not all are sensible to a High audio level entering in the codec... AAC is stronger than, mp3 and mp3 than HeAAC+ v2 sbr... it could be an interesting thing to have a +/- 3 dB audio slider somewhere before each codec instance... opinions are welcome...
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jopara said:
What melting time is there between the tracks? Is it possible to tell RadioBoss the melt?
The mixing and fade times are currently fixed at 0.4 and 0.5 seconds. In one of the next updates it will be made configurable.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
FREDERICVELU said:
When you send many streams with many audio codecs, not all are sensible to a High audio level entering in the codec... AAC is stronger than, mp3 and mp3 than HeAAC+ v2 sbr
It shouldn't be happening - all encoders in RadioBOSS produce the same audio level. If it's not for you, can you please send screenshots of your encoder settings so we'll test it here.
 

southernfm

Member
Hi,

1. Minor thing in RB 5.6.0.1: the Tracks and Play time left labels appear to be overlapping the 1px frame (see attachment). Screen resolution on test laptop is 1680x945.

2. When using 'Insert stop' after it is 'played' it remains in the playlist when using it in Queue mode. This doesn't happen if the stop is programmed in via the ad scheduler, it runs the 'stop' then removes it from the playlist. Will the next version have it so a 'stop' is removed from the playlist after it is actioned?

3. With regards to 'Start time' if the playlist is currently stopped, all of the start time entries are blank. Is it possible to have it so the start time is showing even when the player is stopped? For example, incrementally increasing the start time each second the player is paused, and then it switches to what shows up now when the player is actively playing a track?

4. It is currently possible to drag a blank cart into the playlist. If it's played it shows up with an error in the log file saying 'unable to play' but otherwise doesn't interfere with the normal playback, the playlist skips over it and continues.

Some other bugs previously advised have been updated and appear to be working, thanks for providing these fixes.
 

Attachments

  • snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 289
Hi! Sorry for possible wrong Posts or Topic entries, but the Forum System is very confisung for blind users. I want to Report, that the hot key "Ins" doesn't seam to work for adding files from Explorer or other file Managers like Total Commander.
 

jopara

Member
Hello, I do not quite understand the role of the new "SQL Database" functions. How is this managed?

Personally I have the music in OneDrive and if I select File tag, OneDrive upload continuously updates the data and it is all day updating the files. On the other hand if I select Database SQL, this does not make the changes in OneDrive and it does not help me to have made a change in the music track so that the pc of emission (which I have in the sending center) is updated.
In version 5.5.5.0 I did not have that problem since I unchecked "Append APEv2 tag to every ..." and everything went well.
There is no way to do it the previous way?
 

southernfm

Member
Hi,

Also regarding previously played songs, it would be nice to see more than 1 previously played track, maybe previous 3-5.

Thanks
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
southernfm said:
1. Minor thing in RB 5.6.0.1: the Tracks and Play time left labels appear to be overlapping the 1px frame (see attachment). Screen resolution on test laptop is 1680x945.
It doesn't happen here... Can you please post a screenshot of the whole player window?

southernfm said:
2. When using 'Insert stop' after it is 'played' it remains in the playlist when using it in Queue mode. This doesn't happen if the stop is programmed in via the ad scheduler, it runs the 'stop' then removes it from the playlist. Will the next version have it so a 'stop' is removed from the playlist after it is actioned?
It is planned for one of the future versions, I think it will be added in one of the RadioBOSS 5.6.x updates.

southernfm said:
3. With regards to 'Start time' if the playlist is currently stopped, all of the start time entries are blank. Is it possible to have it so the start time is showing even when the player is stopped? For example, incrementally increasing the start time each second the player is paused, and then it switches to what shows up now when the player is actively playing a track?
It can be possible, but what is the purpose if this feature? By the way, when the playlist is not playing, you can right-click on a track and click "Calculate start time" if you want to preview start times.

southernfm said:
4. It is currently possible to drag a blank cart into the playlist. If it's played it shows up with an error in the log file saying 'unable to play' but otherwise doesn't interfere with the normal playback, the playlist skips over it and continues.
Appears to be a bug - thank you.

Alexander Westphal said:
I want to Report, that the hot key "Ins" doesn't seam to work for adding files from Explorer or other file Managers like Total Commander.
The INS key only works in the File Explorer inside RadioBOSS - it's not global and it will not work from other file managers, nor from Windows Explorer.

Chris Deacon said:
Dmitry will you be including the COMPOSER field in the report generator so it will autoamtically extract that data from the tag? 
Currently you can define your own custom fields (in Music Libray, Tools->User defined fields), but RadioBOSS doesn't read "Composer" tag field.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jopara said:
Personally I have the music in OneDrive and if I select File tag, OneDrive upload continuously updates the data and it is all day updating the files.
That's because file tag is modified, and therefore the file is modified and OneDrive updates it. Using SQLite database to store additional information will avoid that.

jopara said:
On the other hand if I select Database SQL, this does not make the changes in OneDrive and it does not help me to have made a change in the music track so that the pc of emission
Yes, as information is stored in a local database, it will only be available on the computer where database is - not from other computers.

jopara said:
In version 5.5.5.0 I did not have that problem since I unchecked "Append APEv2 tag to every ..." and everything went well.
When you uncheck this option, the additional tag information will not be stored anywhere. If you select "Use SQLite Database" option is works as if you have unchecked the "Append APEv2 tag to every ..." option but instead of not saving tag at all, it stores everything in the database.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
bobby said:
i did not get my free beta key yet
The requests are processed within 48 hours, also form is validated - if someone uses "fgjdfhj fdsjfdk" as their name, they will not receive a key :)

southernfm said:
Also regarding previously played songs, it would be nice to see more than 1 previously played track, maybe previous 3-5.
You can see the previously played songs in the log. The songs can also be dragged from the log to the playlist, in case this is needed.
 

jopara

Member
Yes, as information is stored in a local database, it will only be available on the computer where database is - not from other computers.

Okay, and it's possible to copy that database to other computers, the 'Database' folder is currently empty.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
jopara said:
Okay, and it's possible to copy that database to other computers, the 'Database' folder is currently empty.
You can copy it, but before copying you'll need to close RadioBOSS so that the file becomes available. The database is stored in the tracks.db file in the settings folder: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net - to open this folder, in RadioBOSS click Settings->Open Settings Folder and go one level up.
 

southernfm

Member
djsoft said:
You can see the previously played songs in the log. The songs can also be dragged from the log to the playlist, in case this is needed.

Thanks for that. The profile we setup for presenters is blocking the log feature and our presenters can't change it (we did that to simplify the layout - our presenters are mostly 50+). Is it possible to have this information displayed like in the screenshot? Similar to how you highlight the 'On Air' section and it displays some info?
Screen shot attached which demonstrates this.

Also full screen screenshot shows the track/playing time minor cosmetic issue.
 

Attachments

  • sshot.png
    sshot.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 293
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top