RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelson c said:
Report on music library (working in database mode)
Create a new XML and import tracks appeared the following report
This will be fixed in the next update - thank you for bugreport.

Cheshunt Radio said:
The files I was using for the intro end end had silence at the end.  Once trimmed the issue of gaps has been resolved.
Good to know. It's the reason for RadioBOSS to trim the silence automatically.

nelson c said:
in the song that I attached usually take the end of the topic, when doing a fadeout, which is very bad. (But do not always choose the same autohook)
(10 seg the duration)

I think internally could have some filters to avoid these things:
It already does some filtering. In the next version some more improvements will be made.

Hi
We are very pleased with RadioBoss
It is used daily on Radio L in Lillesand in Norway
Have tested RadioBOSS 5.6
There is some new features I like

But when will it be possible in Music Generator to search for language in the comment field
When will it be possible to mix down a playlist to a stereo track

Regards
Arild
Radio L

About Voicetraking:
-There is an error in the interface, start game to start, and end the start
-I can not do a pre-listening of the point (not button play)
-I would like a button "Copy point that has the intro"
-probability is used for that?

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 573
I'm trying different configurations to Triger Mix on filetypes and always mixed 1.5 seconds, I think there is an error here

nelson c said:
I'm trying different configurations to Triger Mix on filetypes and always mixed 1.5 seconds, I think there is an error here
I just realize that the problem is another.
When there is a normal between two types of files, is used an incorrect point of mixture. (see image)

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 580
djsoft said:
It already does that: it skips tracks that are shorter than 50 seconds - it should cover all jingles, station IDs and the like.
Is it possible to make a customizable range for this? I have jingles 1 minute and complete programs in blocks of 15 minutes also should be omitted
Another option would be to ignore file types

Thanks!

The problem with the traditional intro is still present.
(If a voicetrack after the current track file type is inserted, it plays at the beginning)

Do the new audio this engine ready? bone that this method will be obsolete?

Arild said:
But when will it be possible in Music Generator to search for language in the comment field
The language is stored in s Language field, not in the comment. Do you mean searching by it?

Arild said:
When will it be possible to mix down a playlist to a stereo track
I'm not sure - technically it's not that easy as mixing in RadioBOSS is tied to real time. I don't think that this feature will be added anytime soon - sorry.

nelson c said:
About Voicetraking:
-There is an error in the interface, start game to start, and end the start
-I can not do a pre-listening of the point (not button play)
-I would like a button "Copy point that has the intro"
-probability is used for that?
The Start/End switch specifies how the VoiceOver mark works: if set to Start, then voiceover will start there, if End - then voiceover will end there. Can you please specify what is the bug there?
Probability sets the chance for voiceover to play, 100% means always, 50% - voiceover will play roughly half of the time. This increases diversity.
There are no additional buttons like Play or Copy because as you see there's no much screen space available :)

nelson c said:
When there is a normal between two types of files, is used an incorrect point of mixture. (see image)
It appears to be correct. If you override mix point, then detected mix point is ignored (the Override Mix setting has higher priority).

nelson c said:
Is it possible to make a customizable range for this? I have jingles 1 minute and complete programs in blocks of 15 minutes also should be omitted
Another option would be to ignore file types
1 minute jingle seems sort of long to me... I think that would be possible, configurable filters for teasers will be added in one of the next updates.

nelson c said:
(If a voicetrack after the current track file type is inserted, it plays at the beginning)
Can you please provide more information and example of when this happens?
The new audio engine is not ready yet.

- Please....put the "autoplay" boton in "track propiertes"
- the "set mix point" dont work.
- teaser funtion; dont mix point play

Patricio Pizarro Ayala said:
- Please....put the "autoplay" boton in "track propiertes"
What should this option do/how should it work?
[/quote]

- the "set mix point" dont work.
Please give more details about the problem.

- teaser funtion; dont mix point play
Yes, currently there's no mix or fade out for teasers because its duration is unknown - we'll do something about it in the future.

I am doing tests with voiceover and the truth is that the new features are very good.
Just made missing a command that indicates to radioboss a schedule to be able to use the voiceover or to be able to indicate that it disconnects them.
This would be very useful if you wish to have announcer only in the morning, for example, and not at night.

On the other hand, I see that the reproduction of several ad tracks in the advertising programmer has not been included. Is this very complicated?

Hello, Help. I think I'm the only one who does not understand Automatic Teaser and hook points. Someone should make a video how to set it up correctly. Thanks you.

djsoft said:
The Start/End switch specifies how the VoiceOver mark works: if set to Start, then voiceover will start there, if End - then voiceover will end there. Can you please specify what is the bug there?
Probability sets the chance for voiceover to play, 100% means always, 50% - voiceover will play roughly half of the time. This increases diversity.
There are no additional buttons like Play or Copy because as you see there's no much screen space available :)
I am sorry. There is no error here, I just thought it worked differently.

We need some way to listen to the selected point. (Although not through buttons) :)

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It appears to be correct. If you override mix point, then detected mix point is ignored (the Override Mix setting has higher priority).
The track that continues, is not a file type
The selected function should only affect the mix of the track, at the end of this track that follows.
(Because the continuous track is also a file type)
The priority here should be the transition point of the file type.(In this case 0.5 seconds)
Or am I missing something?
Everything works fine, if after this track "That is not a file type" continues another normal track, but fails to have another type of file

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Can you please provide more information and example of when this happens?
The new audio engine is not ready yet.
When I add a file type that is assigned to "Use as voicetrack", after the current track. This is played immediately instead of the intro of the song.

I have already informed you and I believe it is in the known errors and will be solved with the new audio engine.
What other characteristics can we expect with the new engine? :)

Andreskr said:
Hello, Help. I think I'm the only one who does not understand Automatic Teaser and hook points. Someone should make a video how to set it up correctly. Thanks you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWSLOE0tJQg&feature=youtu.be

This is just my suggested actions and is not official instructions:

RadioBoss Teaser feature:

1. Create a folder called TEASERS:

2. Create three NEW folders in the TEASERS folder and label them:
INTRO
TRANSITIONS
END

3. Place your audio files (Sweepers) into the INTRO folder. e.g  "Coming up in then next have hour", "Stay tuned to hear these great hits".  Place as many as you like as they will play randomly at the beginning of your TEASER segment.

4.Place your audio files into your TRANSITION folder.  e.g a "sound effect or  record spinback"

5. Place your audio files (sweepers) into the END folder that you wish your Teaser Segment to end with.  e.g.  "your station id" , "Stay tuned" , "Coming up next"

6.  Now you have all your audio files in the INTRO and END folders and sound effects (or Voice) in your TRANSITION folder, remember where you have saved them.  You will need to select these folders from the Teaser feature in RadioBOSS.

7. In RadioBOSS, you need to use TRACK TOOL to insert the HOOK START and HOOK END into the song.

8. Select a song from your playlist by right clicking it and then select TRACK TOOL.  Once TRACK TOOL is open and you can see your song, look to the right for HOOK IN and HOOK OUT. 

9. Simply click on the part of the song that is most recognisable, (the chorus), and at the start of it press SET "HOOK IN" ti insert the part where the Hook starts. Do the same for the end of the Chorus or the part you wish to use and click HOOK OUT. 

10. Ideally you want to select about 5 seconds of your TEASE.  Do this for all the tracks that you wish to include in your TEASER segment.

11.Close the TRACK TOOL

12. On the RadioBOSS menu bar, select PLAYLIST and scroll down to ADD TEASER

13. It will ask you to input the path for your INTRO, TRANSITION and END folders. The rest of the settings is up to your own preference.

14. Hit OK and RadioBoss will insert "TEASER" into your playlist.

If you chose to play 5 tracks then the output should be as follows:

INTRO - "Your INTRO File sweeper"  e.g "Coming up in the next half hour on XYX Radio"
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
TRANSITION file 
5 seconds of the "HOOK"
END file  "Your END Sweeper" e.g "Stay tuned to the hottest station"

Hope that helps

jopara said:
I am doing tests with voiceover and the truth is that the new features are very good.
Thank you! :)

jopara said:
Just made missing a command that indicates to radioboss a schedule to be able to use the voiceover or to be able to indicate that it disconnects them.
This would be very useful if you wish to have announcer only in the morning, for example, and not at night.
Yes, it sounds reasonable - we'll add commands to enable and disable voiceovers using the scheduler.

jopara said:
On the other hand, I see that the reproduction of several ad tracks in the advertising programmer has not been included. Is this very complicated?
It's in the queue to be developed and will be done in one of the future versions.

Andreskr said:
Cheshunt Radio did a very good job explaining how to use it. I'll add that you can also use the AutoHook feature if you don't want to bother with manually setting the hook points - in this case RadioBOSS will try to detect hook points automatically. Also none of the Start/Transition/End parts are mandatory, you can e.g. try it without using Transition, and results may be better sometimes (depends on the genre of the music).

Note that Teaser feature currently has a bug, and as a result it can hang RadioBOSS on some computers. Soon an update will be released to fix it, along with other reported bugs.

nelson c said:
We need some way to listen to the selected point. (Although not through buttons) :)
Hmm... I'll think what can be done about it.

nelson c said:
The track that continues, is not a file type
The selected function should only affect the mix of the track, at the end of this track that follows.
(Because the continuous track is also a file type)
The priority here should be the transition point of the file type.(In this case 0.5 seconds)
Or am I missing something?
Everything works fine, if after this track "That is not a file type" continues another normal track, but fails to have another type of file
Currently file type setting "Override previous track mix point" has higher priority and it won't be changed. This setting allows to run commercials and be sure that they are not overlapped with music or jingle.

nelson c said:
When I add a file type that is assigned to "Use as voicetrack", after the current track. This is played immediately instead of the intro of the song.

I have already informed you and I believe it is in the known errors and will be solved with the new audio engine.
What other characteristics can we expect with the new engine? :)
Yes, this bug is on the list. As for the new audio engine, it'll provide some useful additions: fully featured players for Overlay playback, AUX players, fixing some odd bugs with mixing etc. Also lower CPU usage and more precise crossfading (currently it's +-100ms).

Hello
We have set a PC up on local broadcast
So far so good. I think this version is more stable than previous beta versions
We have noted most things that have been listed as issues
All good keep up the good work Dmitry
Cheers
Dave 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back