RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
unex said:
We use the aim value in the stream settings of the broadcasting software to show dj's avatar on our webpage, when the dj connects to the stream. but this wont work with radioboss.
You can set the AIM value in the settings: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/metadata.htm

unex said:
Auto reconnection values in the stream settings of radioboss will be ignored. if i set an auto reconection value in radioboss it will be ignored. it doesnt matter what kind of value i put in there.
There's another option (Settings->Broadcast) that affects this: "Immediately reconnect when disconnected for the first time". When turned on, the first attempt will be immediate. Subsequent attempts will wait the set timeout period.

We did the name entry of the dj in the field AIM. But this doesnt work. Please fix the codepage settings there.

djsoft said:
it intentionally shows the next track title - however, the docs do not say for what reason :) We'll leave it as it is for now.
...but the countdown and bar for intro for next title is also shown when "stop after track" is active.

djsoft said:
Please provide more information on what's not working. I see that you have selected the VAC speakers. Does it work?

Yes this does work.... absolutely perfectly. Any of the VAC sound cards will work perfectly. BUT to get them to work by themselves solely and alone, I need to change the main soundcard in RB to "Default" firstly, SAVE and EXIT, and then go back again and change the main soundcard to the VAC line x number that I want to use.
If I don't do this procedure, I have major problems. The Speakers (or VAC Line 1 as per Situation Two) with their twin/echo sound will start running, when they shouldn't be going at all because I haven't chosen them as the output.

The VAC soundcards are not the problem. There is a second soundcard starting up that is the problem. It seems to be associated with whatever is chosen as the Win7 Playback Default Device (not to be confused with the RB default soundcard choice).

I know what is happening is hard to convey to you. So let me try my best to explain.

Situation One
Speakers are the default output chosen as the Win 7 Playback Device.
VAC Line 3 is chosen as the main soundcard in RB (that is NO Speakers involved at all).
The sound comes out of VAC Line 3 and is perfectly usable on-air.
BUT in addition to VAC Line 3 operating, suddenly the Speakers also start up with a twin/echo unwanted sound. They shouldn't have any sound at all.
SO, there are now TWO outputs working as a main soundcard instead of just the one I chose, namely VAC Line 3.

Situation Two
VAC Line 1 is the default output chosen as the Win 7 Playback Device.
VAC Line 3 is chosen as the main soundcard in RB.
The sound comes out of VAC Line 3 and is perfectly usable on-air.
Now the same problems occurs on VAC Line 1 as it did on the Speakers above, a twin/echo un-usable sound.
Note: The sound is NOT coming out of the Speakers this time, the problem sound only appears on VAC Line 1
VAC Line 1 shouldn't have any sound at all.
So even in this situation, RB has TWO outputs working as a main soundcard.

What is the Sound like on Speakers and Line 1
The Speaker Output problem is a combination.... of normal "Speakers output" and additionally a slightly delayed VAC Line 3 sound which after it went thru its buffering/processing, it would be say "half a second" behind.
Ditto for VAC Line 1 except it is silent until you link to it, and thus hear the same problem sound that comes out of the Speakers.

Ver 5.8.0.0. automatically defaulted the main soundcard to default which I subsequently changed. That's why it worked straight away.
Why 1 & 2 worked in my original install and not when in the testing install I do not know. I can't explain that.

This problem has something to do with "Default", namely the Win 7 Playback Default Device, which seems to be a major suspect.

If I don't do the workaround as I explained at the top, I get the Speakers (or VAC Line 1) problem.

djsoft said:
The %nextsong tag should also work in nowplaying. I suppose the problem here is that you have installed an older version where this tag is not supported, that version created the nowplaying file with the tag instead of actual song name.

No.... in fact because I found a workaround for solving the sound problem, I am now back to the latest.... Ver 5.8.0.4 again.

Hello. I have a problem. Last night I had a power cut short and my computer shut down. When I turned on the computer and RadioBOSS started automatically, there was no sound either on the air sound card or on the stream. What should I do? I tried to switch between two cards and did not help.

What could be the cause of this error?
The RB test, says ok connection

Generation started.
ERROR! Unable to use database: MySQL server has gone away (2006)
Loading category "Musica"
Category "Musica": loaded 1024 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1024
Loading category "----Separadores----"
Category "----Separadores----": loaded 2 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 2
Loading category "----------Inicio--------"
Category "----------Inicio--------": loaded 2 tracks
Loading category "----------Fin----------"
Category "----------Fin----------": loaded 2 tracks
Completed. Duration: 1:01:37

unex said:
We did the name entry of the dj in the field AIM. But this doesnt work. Please fix the codepage settings there.
Can you please specify what does not work - does it transfer the value to the server? By the way, what server do you use?

vk1337 // Basti said:
...but the countdown and bar for intro for next title is also shown when "stop after track" is active.
You're right - I think that can be fixed.

Atletico said:
I signed up for the beta license but did not receive a confirmation mail or something. Is this normal?
Beta tester requests are processed within 48 hours.

DJSTU said:
The VAC soundcards are not the problem. There is a second soundcard starting up that is the problem. It seems to be associated with whatever is chosen as the Win7 Playback Default Device (not to be confused with the RB default soundcard choice).
This does not happen here, tested with Windows 10 and Windows 7. When a specific device is selected in RadioBOSS, it only uses this device (regardless of what the default device in the system is) - there's nothing comes out of the default device that is selected in Windows. If the default device is selected, it only plays on the default device and it also follows the default device change in Windows (that is, when default device in the system is changed, the playback from RadioBOSS will be transferred there). It had never initialized a second device - none of the tests confirmed the problem. The tests were performed in the past on version 5.8.0.3 and performed again on RadioBOSS 5.8.0.4.

DJSTU said:
No.... in fact because I found a workaround for solving the sound problem, I am now back to the latest.... Ver 5.8.0.4 again.
Does it work as it should?

Sasa Grbic said:
Hello. I have a problem. Last night I had a power cut short and my computer shut down. When I turned on the computer and RadioBOSS started automatically, there was no sound either on the air sound card or on the stream. What should I do? I tried to switch between two cards and did not help.
Are there any error messages in the log? Please make sure the correct main device is selected in playback settings: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/playback.htm

nelson c said:
ERROR! Unable to use database: MySQL server has gone away (2006)
The reason could be a connection timeout. Did you have Playlist Generator open for some time (like 8+ hours)?
We'll implement a solution to automatically recover from this problem in the next update.

If the Mute Playlist option is deactivated, would not it be better if it does not appear visible and reduce the size of the form?

djsoft said:
This does not happen here, tested with Windows 10 and Windows 7

I can only tell you the same problem occurred with two separate computers, both running Win 7.
I can understand that one computer might have a problem due to some issue, and this might in fact be causing a false bug, but two with the very same problem and outcome ?? I'm am finding that very doubtful.

My suggestions to try and locate this problem/bug :
(1) Try updating on a version of RB that doesn't already have the Default main soundcard already in use.
(2) or having had Default main soundcard chosen at some point in the past prior to installing or updating.
(3) Try changing main soundcard to anything other than Default and preferably not Speakers either. Exit RB completely and then restart and install an update.

Prior to eventually finding that creating RB Default solved the problem, I had never chosen RB Default ever before, since I don't use it.
Bear in mind I have spent a whole day of work just finding this solution, it wasn't just a 10 minute job. I kept at it until I found a solution.
The fact that my solution works indicates somewhere somehow there is an underlying problem.

djsoft said:
Does it work as it should?

No. I will wait and see what happens in 5.8.0.5

nelson c said:
If the Mute Playlist option is deactivated, would not it be better if it does not appear visible and reduce the size of the form?
It would be better, but as this window is small enough already, I think this is not necessary to make it smaller by removing this option when it's disabled. It also reminds you that the mute option exists, in case you wish to use it in the future.

DJSTU said:
I can understand that 1 computer might have a problem due to an issue, and this might be a false bug, but two with the same problem and outcome ??
This is still possible if those computers share something in common like a piece of software or hardware. If it always played on two devices, the one selected in RadioBOSS and also default in Windows - this is a serious problem and I think we'd seen it here and also received reports from other users. This is not possible to fix something we can't reproduce here, I'm sorry...

DJSTU said:
Try changing to anything other than Default. Exit RB completely and then restart and install an update.
Installing RadioBOSS updates or downgrades does not really change anything, as the settings are compatible between all versions (both backwards and forward). Closing RadioBOSS completely erases the states of audio devices (from RadioBOSS perspective). When you start it again, it only "knows" what devices are selected now and does not know a thing what the past settings were, the past settings do not affect anything.

DJSTU said:
No. I will wait and see what happens in 5.8.0.5
There are no changes to %nextsong variable planned for RadioBOSS 5.8.0.5 - so if something's not right now, it's a good time to reveal those issues :)

djsoft said:
There are no changes to %nextsong variable planned for RadioBOSS 5.8.0.5 - so if something's not right now, it's a good time to reveal those issues :)

Yes, for you, but not for me unfortunately.
I have spent too much time on "issues" for the time being, and I need to put more effort into other work.
Now that I know how to solve the RB main soundcard problem myself, I am going to put a hold on updating RB for the meantime, and will come back in six months and see if things have progressed by then.

DJSTU said:
I have spent too much time on "issues" for the time being, and I need to put more effort into other work.
This is what a beta testing is for. The %nextsong feature was added recently and it was not initially planned for this version.

Hi Dmitry, I would like to suggest that in file types it is also possible to add lists and folders. This is handy so you do not have to keep changing the tracks manually so you would have a choice of random tracks.

Attachments

• Tipo de Arquivo.png
    Tipo de Arquivo.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 373
celso said:
Hi Dmitry, I would like to suggest that in file types it is also possible to add lists and folders. This is handy so you do not have to keep changing the tracks manually so you would have a choice of random tracks.
Yes, this will be added in one of the next updates, thank you for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back