RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello again! i'm with annother question: how i can, for example in a playlist, check a certain song as the next song? in older versions, i press applications key, and this option is there. but, i cant see thes option anymore. the option that i see, is something like move to the current playing song. but i  dont want to change the playlist order, but choose the next song to play, but after this song, the playlist returns its  normal order. Can you implement this again, or if this function exists, make it accessible for screen readers?

nelson c said:
Great thanks. It was about 10 minutes with that transfer. I think it's too long for simple SQL queries.
Depending on how many tracks there are - it makes two requests for every track. But still, it looks too much.

Nuno Costa said:
how i can, for example in a playlist, check a certain song as the next song? in older versions, i press applications key, and this option is there
It's still there - called "Add to playback queue" (in older version is was called "Set as next track"). Queue is a more advanced as it allows to set a queue of next tracks.

Hello Dmitry,
Today we happened to start the pc with the drive where the music is. (Intentionally).
What we did not take into account is that RadioBOSS opened and tried to play all the tracks that were on the list. (At that time they were nonexistent)
The problem was that the intro points and the rating were deleted from the MySQL database.
It will be a very tedious task to mark everything again.
My request is: to add in the RB BackUp a script of the database for these cases.

Thanks

nelson c said:
What we did not take into account is that RadioBOSS opened and tried to play all the tracks that were on the list. (At that time they were nonexistent)
Interesting, how did that happen? Files were located on a network drive that was disconnected?

nelson c said:
My request is: to add in the RB BackUp a script of the database for these cases.
While there's no such a feature, you can use the mysql tools to perform a backup (those are installed with the database). In one of the next update it will be possible to create a backup from within RadioBOSS.

djsoft said:
Interesting, how did that happen? Files were located on a network drive that was disconnected?
A failure in the storage unit.
There is a backup of all the tracks, but the introduction of the tracks that were on the list was lost. (When RB try to play) :(

djsoft said:
While there's no such a feature, you can use the mysql tools to perform a backup (those are installed with the database). In one of the next update it will be possible to create a backup from within RadioBOSS.
It is great news. I would like it to be executed as a scheduler task.

nelson c said:
There is a backup of all the tracks, but the introduction of the tracks that were on the list was lost. (When RB try to play)
This shouldn't be happening, as it does not remove the record from database when a file does not exist...

nelson c said:
It is great news. I would like it to be executed as a scheduler task.
Yes, a scheduler command will be added too.

djsoft said:
This shouldn't be happening, as it does not remove the record from database when a file does not exist...
Then I do not understand why, but the points are not intro in those tracks.

The record is not deleted from either of the two tables if the file does not exist?

nelson c said:
RB generated this error. I think the SQL server was stopped.
This is a bug in RadioBOSS 5.8 when it processes log files, will be fixed shortly in the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.8.1 update.

Playlist. "Extract Artist/Title from FileName"
I would like this if possible to be a "One Click" operation, that is, it not only extracts the information, but also just automatically saves it.
Does this style of operation already exist in RB (that I may not be aware of), or would it have to be created ?
Somewhere perhaps a button to just click in the area of the attached Pic ?
or perhaps :
"Extract Artist/Title from FileName & Save"

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 1 - 16Dec2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 1 - 16Dec2018.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 399
RadioBOSS extracts artist/title from the file name when it broadcasts and in the Music Library it will auto-fill the fields when you edit tags. I'll see if the same can be done for the Tag Editor in RadioBOSS.

djsoft said:
Maybe the intro and playcount fields are blanked?
Again, we lost data again.
For maintenance tasks, the air pc was added without the music unit, and RadioBOSS was automatically executed when the PC was opened, causing this problem.
Luckily we had a backup of MySQL, but this is quite annoying.
Maybe it would be a good idea not to modify the database if the unit is not found of the track that you are trying to play.

nelson c said:
Maybe it would be a good idea not to modify the database if the unit is not found of the track that you are trying to play.
It should work like this, it's in the bug list for the next update (5.8.2). Meanwhile I suggest creating additional Windows user for maintenance purposes, where RadioBOSS does not start automatically.

Hello,
I'd like to suggest a new feature, quick jingles pages.
How would it work?
in the jingle assignment options, we would have a list to select the page on which we wanted to work.
then we could assign the jingles. It would be 9 pages, each with 9 slots for jingles.
would be easily switched with the control key. if I pressed, for example control + 2, the program would assume the second page of jingles. It would be easier to work, when the same announcer makes several programs, or there are more than 9 quick jingles that need to be played.
Thank you!

Nuno Costa said:
Hello,
How would it work?
in the jingle assignment options, we would have a list to select the page on which we wanted to work.
then we could assign the jingles. It would be 9 pages, each with 9 slots for jingles.
would be easily switched with the control key. if I pressed, for example control + 2, the program would assume the second page of jingles. It would be easier to work, when the same announcer makes several programs, or there are more than 9 quick jingles that need to be played.
Thank you!

You can do better than this in the entry Cart Wall with many more resources including saving the pages etc. In fact, when I used ZaraRadio I had this feature but I did not have a ZaraRadio entry cart wall. I think this feature is not useful on RadioBoss, since it has something as advanced as its own Cart Wall

Attachments

• RadoBoss.jpg
    RadoBoss.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 370
I would like the same feature that is present when I add a track list in the playlist to bypass the replay protection, also be present in the ad programmer where I enter the intro and end of block, since it is something we use frequently. As it is not ideal, it is essential that we can enable or disable this feature, in this case this option and has already marked ignore protection, which is not correct.

Attachments

• Com recurso.png
    Com recurso.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Sem o recurso.png
    Sem o recurso.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 382
celso said:
Nuno Costa said:
Hello,
How would it work?
Thank you!

You can do better than this in the entry Cart Wall with many more resources including saving the pages etc. In fact, when I used ZaraRadio I had this feature but I did not have a ZaraRadio entry cart wall. I think this feature is not useful on RadioBoss, since it has something as advanced as its own Cart Wall
This cart wall is accessible? how i can use this with screen readers?

Nuno Costa said:
This cart wall is accessible? how i can use this with screen readers?
Currently it is not accessible, I'm sorry - we have it on our to-do list.

They forgive me, I do not know if this function is in RadioBoss, I would like them to add the case of not having it, such as centova cast, which can be interleaved between list by priority, for example, in centova it has from 1 to 20 to reproduce more or less between lists, it would be nice to know that this, someone can comment ... excuses for English

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back