RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of it preloading the next track (if the trigger point is hit - e.g. 15 seconds), could we set it to preload the next few tracks?
Currently it's not really possible to implement as it only evaluates the next track, and not the following tracks. It can handle simple cases e.g just preload the following items in the playlist, but it will still not work if you e.g use playback queue, or a scheduled events starts or some other case.

it just seems to pick a couple from the music library results at random and start downloading them (usually the first few results, sometimes just 1, sometimes a handful)
When you use Search or Music Library it first tries to read track info from RadioBOSS's internal cache. If it decides that the cache is not valid, it reads the file. If you use the Tools->Clear tag cache menu option, then load a playlist e.g. to a secondary tab, it will read all tracks from the disk.

Please note that preloading is a different task, it's much more complex than reading track information for Search.

By the way, I still think combo list is better for the music library list than what it's been changed to. Even with a few libraries, it feels more natural switching between libraries.
Previously it was a hacky solution that looked cumberesome, a combo box and improperly sized button above it. Now it's a single button for all search sources. Can you please specify how combobox is better? I remember that you have lots of libraries, and menu scrolling is worse, but most people do not have that many libraries to choose from...

A restart RadioBOSS option would be fine iff possible ( See Picture )
Sometimes you have to restart after making changes
You can trigger a restart from the Settings window: open it, click "Advanced options" button, click OK, then click OK in the settings window, it will prompt a restart.

Can you make an option to add an artcover picture when i play an internet stream?
Most network streams do not have artwork information embedded in the stream, so it's not possible to display. IIRC there's still no widely used protocol exists to transfer cover art info.

You can trigger a restart from the Settings window: open it, click "Advanced options" button, click OK, then click OK in the settings window, it will prompt a restart.

Most network streams do not have artwork information embedded in the stream, so it's not possible to display. IIRC there's still no widely used protocol exists to transfer cover art info.
NO no, i ask for a artwork picture png export when we use an external internet stream in a event.

when I drag and drop an m3u playlist into the RadioBoss 6.0.1.8, it crashes.
After the restart everything is ok again.
Access violation at address 00A7B0E0 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 0000000A.

m3u playlists where not made with Radioboss, they used VLC and Audioexpert

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Can you please specify how combobox is better?
I was working between two versions (old version + current) and it just seemed to flow better / seemed more intuitive than the current menu style. I think even if improvements were made (scrolling etc.) the old style still feels better.

The current style takes up a lot of screen real estate as well, compared to combo box. This would still be the case if we only had 10-15 libraries, although in our case with many, it takes up the whole right side of the screen. Maybe with the middle mouse scroll working it would be different.

Attachments

• new_version.png
    new_version.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 373
  • old_version.png
    old_version.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 367
The value you set in File Types is now displayed in a different playlist column - Broadcasting Title, you can use it instead of the Track Title column.
Perfect!
You can edit the language files in (RadioBOSS install folder)\Lang\En - but those changes will be overwritten when you install an update.
Thanks for that!
This is how it works, the icon is displayed in the first column. Please ensure that you use RadioBOSS 6.0.1.8.
The icon only appears if I have the '#' column enabled which takes space from my screen but when I hide that column, the icon disappears (Used to still be there in v5)

With the '#' column enabled

1608526482428.png

With the '#' column disabled

1608526470790.png

Can you please provide more details?
For example, would it be possible to have a window where you can customize shortcuts. Foe example, I might want Ctrl + P to open the options window as opposed to Ctrl + Shirt + O

Adobe Audition has something similar to what would be great to have

1608525816887.png

Alternatively, you could add all the shortcut options to the 'Hot Keys' window (Options window, Segue editor, pre listen etc.)

1608525904936.png

when I drag and drop an m3u playlist into the RadioBoss 6.0.1.8, it crashes.
Please send one of such playlists to support@djsoft.net, we'll see what could be causing it. If you can send a bug report, it will also help.

this one doesn't report how many times the artist was selected with date & hour... that's why is so difficult to spot a repeated artist
You can create a report for one hour and sort by artist, this will help you easily see repeated artists.

The current style takes up a lot of screen real estate as well, compared to combo box. This would still be the case if we only had 10-15 libraries, although in our case with many, it takes up the whole right side of the screen. Maybe with the middle mouse scroll working it would be different.
We'll see what can be done about it, maybe it'll switch to a different style after a certain amount of items. I've added it to the list of improvements.

The icon only appears if I have the '#' column enabled which takes space from my screen but when I hide that column, the icon disappears (Used to still be there in v5)
Thank you, it appears to be a bug. Temporarily as a workaround you can move the # column to the rightmost position and size it to zero.

Alternatively, you could add all the shortcut options to the 'Hot Keys' window (Options window, Segue editor, pre listen etc.)
Voving all the shortcuts is a lot of work. If you have any specific request to modify shortcuts for certain commands, we can consider it (please create a new topic).

Last edited:
This thread is now locked because it's becoming harder to manage all questions in one topic.

Please create a new topic for any questions or bug reports. Some posts were moved to separate topics in the Support section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back