RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug Report for Ver 6.0.0.6 and previous versions as well.
View/Style/Selection Color
The colour entered does not happen. It appears to stay on original default.

Also, could you explain "System Selection Style" plz.

In this case you can use the same MySQL database (preferably hosted on the On Air computer) for all RadioBOSS installations, in this case all music libraries along with trsack parameters will be shared among the computers - no need to copy any files at all.
Note that paths to music files must be the same everywhere - it's a simple task just map the shared network folder where the music is to the same drive letter on all PCs.

OK, so MySQL is still an option. We just moved from MySQL back to the XML libraries because we weren't seeing the performance improvement we hoped, and still had occasionally connection errors after transient network issues. We will have to migrate back before upgrading.

1. RadioBOSS must be installed to a folder with write permissions (not in Program Files)
Can you elaborate on why this is required? Is granting the Windows user permission to the folder (eg, C:\RadioBoss) sufficient? (ie, we don't have to grant Local Administrator to the user)

I should have mentioned re hourly playlists that the structure needs to consistently happen for each hour from the top/start of your categories/rotations too, that is no carryover, each hour is the same.

I'm not certain what djsp1 is wanting as well. Maybe he can answer that question.
But I suspect that he also wants different music for different hours.
For example 9am to mid-day to be a certain layout of categories/rotations (say faster paced), but mid-day to 3pm to be a totally different layout of categories/rotations (say easy listening style, nothing fast paced at all)
From what I can see we cannot do this at the moment.

In version 6.0.0.6 the quality of the steam recording is great only when I click on the numbers where the vignettes are, it cuts before the vignette ends

Errors occurring in version 6.0.0.6.
Scheduled tasks are not being removed from the playlist after running. The same with commands.
Testing can be done by creating a scheduled playlist, starting with the command "enable scheduled tasks", tracks to be performed (number of tracks or minutes of playback), command "rehabilitation of scheduled tasks".
This same error of not removing the files scheduled from within the playlist after the execution is happening with the calls of time and temperature.
Scheduled task that ends with the option to "delete the file from the folder after execution", executes the task, but does not delete the file from the folder.

Note 1: Option to "treat as normal playlist files disabled"
Note 2: In the previous version 6.0.0.5 these errors were not occurring.

Last edited:
Drag and Drop complete playlists to the left or right would be great, now with 15 playlists you have to move it one place to the next for 14 times to get it from the right to the left ^^
Yes, this would be a nice addition, will be implemented in one of the next updates.

me tira este error cuando busco canción en la biblioteca
Please try updating to the mostr recent version (6.0.0.6) the error should be fixed there.

In this new beta there is a problem with the metadata editor
Please try restarting RadioBOSS or changing the window size, it should help.

I would like to know how to automatically program the temperature in RadioBoss 6.0
Please see this user manual page: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_weather_announcement.htm

I for one would absolutely support hourly markers.
There's an idea to implement this like Comments, but added automatically to the playlist. So you will see where each hour starts. The calculations will be based on the Start Time. What do you think?

Bug Report for Ver 6.0.0.6 and previous versions as well.
View/Style/Selection Color
The colour entered does not happen. It appears to stay on original default.
Yes, seems like a bug.

Also, could you explain "System Selection Style" plz.
If checked, it will use the system colors for selection - like in Windows Explorer.

OK, so MySQL is still an option. We just moved from MySQL back to the XML libraries because we weren't seeing the performance improvement we hoped, and still had occasionally connection errors after transient network issues. We will have to migrate back before upgrading.
If you need to manage it using multiple computers then MySQL is the best option. RadioBOSS can't do anything about the network issues as such (if there's no connection, working with database is not possible) - but if it detects that database was disconnected, it will try reconnecting, again and again until the connection is made.

Can you elaborate on why this is required? Is granting the Windows user permission to the folder (eg, C:\RadioBoss) sufficient? (ie, we don't have to grant Local Administrator to the user)
It's not our requirement, it's just that Embeded Edge requires writing to the folder where the executable (radioboss.exe) is located, othewise it will not load. The Edge loader is currnetly in beta, I'm sure when Microsoft finishes it they will fix this bug. C:\RadioBOSS should work. You can simply copy RadioBOSS folder from Program Files to the other location and then start "radioboss.exe" from there. All your settings will be preserved.

In version 6.0.0.6 the quality of the steam recording is great only when I click on the numbers where the vignettes are, it cuts before the vignette ends
Do you mean the jingles that are assigned to 0-9 buttons, those are not recorded?

Scheduled tasks are not being removed from the playlist after running. The same with commands.
Thank you, looks like a bug. It won't remove an event if the last track in the event is a command - will be fixed in the next update.

But I suspect that he also wants different music for different hours.
For example 9am to mid-day to be a certain layout of categories/rotations (say faster paced), but mid-day to 3pm to be a totally different layout of categories/rotations (say easy listening style, nothing fast paced at all)
From what I can see we cannot do this at the moment.
This is possible, e.g. you can schedule different playlsit geenrator templates for each hour: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_playlist_generation.htm

E.g. you can have different styles for every hour, or morning/day/night playlsits. This is already doable using the playlist generator.

The music library is completely gone when upgrading to the new version. I understand there's been a significant change, but there should either be a way for the XML files to be converted in to the new system so we don't have to re-create the music library manually, or have backwards compatibility in the new version.

Where is the music library database physically located now? For our usage we have a master RadioBOSS computer which pushes out changes to our studios whenever that changes. This used to be the folder of XML files.
Do you intend to make a converter (a paid "plug-in"?) to convert old music library RB 5.9 to the new one RB 6.0. ?

Hi, I noticed that the voice track could be better designed. Well, if the intro of track is longer than the voice track, it starts from start. It will be better if RB could cutoff the intro of track and at the end of voice track the song play from first vocal.
For example. Song 1 ending, start voice track (duration 5 sec) and Song 2 (intro 10 sec) starts beneath voice track from 5th second.

I have another idea. I asked 'bout 3 yrs ago could be in future available option on fx tab where we could choose whith fx will be affected on different outputs. That will be very usable for us in broadcasting who use 2 or 3 outputs (main playlist, card, preview)

In Music Library > Analyze and optimize database is locked?

Attachments

• 2020-10-16_142427.png
    2020-10-16_142427.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Would still like multi select back in the playlist... I don't think we can upgrade without that function so we may stay on 5.9.4 if it's not on the roadmap

Hi
I know you are in bug fix mode, but please do not forget my suggestion of comments opening in a window instead of a single line.

Your work is very much appreciated and everyone here appears to want to help make RB the best it can be.

Thank you

RadioBoss 5.9.4.0 vs 6.0.0.6

Prior to release 6, a scheduled TTS event that uses the "Overlay Playback" option would not execute until the currently playing track finished. Beginning with release 6 the event triggers immediately and plays over the currently playing track. I don't know if the release 6 method is the way you intend it to work or if this is a bug that needs to be fixed. I definitely prefer the prior to release 6 method. I use it for several situations. I'm not sure what practical use there is for the release 6 method. If you intended it to be the new way could you add an option to make it backward compatible.

RadioBoss: 6.0.0.6

The "Mute playlist" option does not work. The currently playing track and the pre-listen track play together.

Attachments

• SS_6.0.0.6.JPG
    SS_6.0.0.6.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back