RadioBOSS 6.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avast went completely nuts when installing this version, every bit of the program has to be checked by it.
We can't control how 3rd patry AV software reacts, so only thing I can advice is to uninstall it if it creates problems :)

Mixing does sometimes strange things, starts too soon.
Can you please provide some details on it?

Stupid Explorer. We want the normall one. Tree type explorer. At double click track will be add to the playlist.
Please check the latest update. We removed the tree and now it's a standard list, please try using it, it's not that bad.

What kind of programmers are the members of the radioboss team if they don't know how to sort the track listing exactly?
In the other thread I have replied to you that sorting does not consider the Start/End points set for the tracks, and simply sorts by the duration.

SQLite doesn't work
Not true. If it really did not work then you won't be able to use the Music Library or Search at all.

In playlist dragging multiple selected files does not work because, despite file selection, only dragging a single file.
Yes, currently it's a limitation.

When voicetrack is playing, the music don't turn down the volume
Please ensure that you configured music level when the voice track is playing (Settings-Playback-Fading). A quick test does not confirm the problem. If it still does not work for you, can you please send the two music tracks and a voice track to support@djsoft.net so we can test it here.

Please ensure that you configured music level when the voice track is playing (Settings-Playback-Fading). A quick test does not confirm the problem. If it still does not work for you, can you please send the two music tracks and a voice track to support@djsoft.net so we can test it here.
1604427093715.png

This is my configuration, in older stable versions it works fine

When I run one VST plugin Radioboss runs fine when I run 2 VST plugins it crashes every 24 hrs

Attachments

• bugreport_20201103-135141.txt
    50.4 KB · Views: 263
  • bugreport_20201102-125938.txt
    49.3 KB · Views: 331
  • bugreport_20201101-120624.txt
    50 KB · Views: 258
Hi Dmitry, I have a suggestion: It would be interesting to be able to update the beta version from the same software.

Something like mikrotik would be excellent.

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 257
how is the tracklist repeat protection supposed to work. screenshot here shows not to repeat artist for 30 minutes, yet earth, wind & fire, george benson and james brown appears multiple times
View attachment 10738
I've already reported this huge question, but they don't pay any attention to it.
although in your case i detected in earth wind and fire that there's differences in the spelling of the artist. You have "Earth,Wind" (no space) and "Earth, Wind" (with space)... any minimal difference, any software will consider it as a different artist. You have to change in the tag fields, not the name of the file, or the error will continue.

It works only when you use the Track List feature, it doesn't work for tracks in the playlist: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_track_list.htm
you mean, a pre-made playlist outside from RB, because tracklist works with playlist if you save it from RB player, does it not??? But any playlist should work with separation rules. If you want an original sequence you created you should go and desactivate rules separation, or you should create a button "force original pl" = ignore all separation rules

strange bug this one, for no apparent reason a scheduled event will disappear from the scheduler and not run, it does not appear anywhere in the scheduler, i toggled on and off the scheduler, toggled the enabled button but nothing, and when i do a find... it doesn't find it, so i recreated it, then after i had recreated the event later both events show up so I deleted the duplicate event. It was a getfile command, getfile "J:\RETRO\JINGLES\IDS" /random.

if you click and hold on a track in the playlist that is within the last 3 tracks from the bottom, instead of allowing you to drag and drop, it scrolls down and drops the tracks wherever you let go, it only happens with the last 3 tracks, the 4th from bottom track works OK

BUG

In playlist dragging multiple selected files does not work because, despite file selection, only dragging a single file.
It's a pretty important basic function... hope it gets addressed soon as it's a show stopper for us to upgrade until that functionality is back

This is my configuration, in older stable versions it works fine
The configuration seems fine. Can you please send the two music tracks and a voice track to support@djsoft.net so we can test it here?

When I try to play a video in a playlist (*.mpeg), gives me this error: Unable to play: Internal audio manager error 5
Some videos will not play because RadioBOSS has limited video support. We're sorry for that, this should be improved in the future.

When I run one VST plugin Radioboss runs fine when I run 2 VST plugins it crashes every 24 hrs
In this case the only solution is to get rid of the plugins. Some plugins have bugs and therefore crash the host software.

Hi Dmitry, I have a suggestion: It would be interesting to be able to update the beta version from the same software.
We thought of implementing this, but it only makes sense while beta testing is going on, and it's only 1-2 times a year. I'll see about it in the 6.1 update.

I've already reported this huge question, but they don't pay any attention to it.
although in your case i detected in earth wind and fire that there's differences in the spelling of the artist. You have "Earth,Wind" (no space) and "Earth, Wind"
Yes, if artist spelling is different, software sees it as a different artists. Playlist Generator is a bit smarter, it can separate artist pairs so "Artist1, Artist2" and "Artist1 feat. Artist2" would be the same.

you mean, a pre-made playlist outside from RB, because tracklist works with playlist if you save it from RB player, does it not???
The "Track list separation rules" only apply when you use Track List feature - not for regular tracks in the playlist. For advanced options in creating a playlist, see the Playlist Generator: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm

Last edited:
strange bug this one, for no apparent reason a scheduled event will disappear from the scheduler and not run, it does not appear anywhere in the scheduler
It's possible that the event can be in a minimized group, or a filter is enabled and the event is not listed because of it.

if you click and hold on a track in the playlist that is within the last 3 tracks from the bottom, instead of allowing you to drag and drop, it scrolls down and drops the tracks wherever you let go, it only happens with the last 3 tracks, the 4th from bottom track works OK
The playlist is auto-scrolled to allow you to drag the track to the lower parts of the playlists. Same with the top area of the playlist, when you drag the track there it will auto scroll to the top.

It's a pretty important basic function... hope it gets addressed soon as it's a show stopper for us to upgrade until that functionality is back
It will be available soon.

creating a playlist, see the Playlist Generator
i'm not a newbie... i know how to create playlists although they are not trustfull. How can it, if PLs are generated checking last played when you have items that will be played in the future? That's why i insist in using tracklist. Unfortunetly it also reveals difficulties to play by the rules. And for starters i have the right to choose the way i want to use the software. You should worry more about checking what users complaint than asking them to read the manual and take in consideration that this is not a free service.

That's why i insist in using tracklist. Unfortunetly it also reveals difficulties to play by the rules
Track List offers fewer features compared to Playlist Generator. But the rules it has (repeat protection) works as intended, there are no confirmed bugs. Can you please specify what difficulties do you have with it?

on my Playlist i can drag and drop also 3 last songs whre i want i use 6.0.1.0

Track List offers fewer features compared to Playlist Generator. But the rules it has (repeat protection) works as intended, there are no confirmed bugs. Can you please specify what difficulties do you have with it?
i already have and you always get some excuse. The fact is that i work with it. I have the results and you just have excuses... and you answer what you want. Your answer just proves that you don't care and i will not going to tell you what you already know (or should know) because i've already told you. I even sent you proves that you just ignore.
I know how hard is to check the code of a program, but hey, isn't it your job?
About playlist generator i repeat, i don't trust if it checks past played songs while they are planned in the future. While a future song is not played it will always have the last time it played. Traclist on the contrary is much more accurate because a song is selected while playing. NO, i don't want to use generator, i want you to improve tracklist.
you can tell i'm not new here by checking the date i am a member here. After that i've been asking you to improve tracklist, and the improvments since then are ZERO

Last edited:
About playlist generator i repeat, i don't trust if it checks past played songs while they are planned in the future.
So I guess, there are no actual problems with the Playlist Generator, only the "lack of trust"? It checks last played tag and can also take into account tracks in the playlist window.

you can tell i'm not new here by checking the date i am a member here. After that i've been asking you to improve tracklist, and the improvments since then are ZERO
Track List is improved in almost every update. It's extensively tested both manually and automatically. The same code is used in RadioBOSS Cloud, TrackList is the only option to create a rotation there and we don't see complaints about track selection from Cloud users. If you have TrackLists that do not work properly, please send a screenshot of their config and a description on what happens.

So I guess, there are no actual problems with the Playlist Generator, only the "lack of trust"? It checks last played tag and can also take into account tracks in the playlist window.
Once again, you didn't take in consideration the data i sent you in the past... i sent you proof that artists are not scheduled with time separation. I got same artist even the next hour with generator, so i quit it and return to tracklist (it fails less, but fails).
Playlist window, you mean the actual playing... that makes total sense, but what about the other hours scheduled for the day??? The results of the playlists are not trustfull.

Track List is improved in almost every update. It's extensively tested both manually and automatically. The same code is used in RadioBOSS Cloud, TrackList is the only option to create a rotation there and we don't see complaints about track selection from Cloud users. If you have TrackLists that do not work properly, please send a screenshot of their config and a description on what happens.
I've already did... you jut ignored. So i won't waste my time, but i will continue to report the problem.
Well the improvments in tracklist are just the same as i experience it... same as 3 years ago. My last picture uploaded here proves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back