RadioBOSS 6.1 [beta]

TTS is a mystery, no changes were made before 6.1 release, and also no changes were made in the latest 6.1.0.1 update :)

Please write in English.
I recreated the TTS weather event and it worked when i did a run now to test it. But then later it doesn't work and i get an error 2 in the log
sometimes it play sometimes it doesn't and just skips the event

1637248934089.png

In the music library you have the Column "Level"
Is it possible to integrate them into the playlist Columns?
It's possible, but what is the use for this column in the playlist?

I recreated the TTS weather event and it worked when i did a run now to test it. But then later it doesn't work and i get an error 2 in the log
sometimes it play sometimes it doesn't and just skips the event
Some additional checks will be added to probably give a more detailed error message. It's still really odd because no changes were made in the part of the code that's responsible for this (compared to RB version 6.0).

Last edited:
Two things I've noticed with this Beta.

First, "Auto Intro" worked with (6.0.0.0), before the last updated to Beta Release (6.0.1.0) on my system. Now it doesn't do anything.

Second, the toolbar tends to become "misaligned" starting at the "Copy" icon, due to the "Paste" icon being another copy action. This seems to happen after some trigger in the program, as the Icons do what their supposed to do for awhile after starting or restarting the program. Been using the "Dark Theme".

It's possible, but what is the use for this column in the playlist?

Some additional checks will be added to probably give a more detailed error message. It's still really odd because no changes were made in the part of the code that's responsible for this (compared to RB version 6.0).
TTS. i deleted the api key info for both openweather and accuweather in settings..schedule.. and the TTS worked again when i ran it manually, but then the scheduled event to run it failed again with error 2, it schedules but then skips when ran as scheduled. its a mystery to me also. i have also rebooted several times

TTS. i deleted the api key info for both openweather and accuweather in settings..schedule.. and the TTS worked again when i ran it manually, but then the scheduled event to run it failed again with error 2, it schedules but then skips when ran as scheduled. its a mystery to me also. i have also rebooted several times
in fact, EVERY time i run that event as manual "run now", it works, but within the scheduled event it fails with an error 2, so i think it is a bug somewhere in the code, but maybe difficult to find because it does run OK when manually ran so difficult to test

Two things I've noticed with this Beta.

First, "Auto Intro" worked with (6.0.0.0), before the last updated to Beta Release (6.0.1.0) on my system. Now it doesn't do anything.

Second, the toolbar tends to become "misaligned" starting at the "Copy" icon, due to the "Paste" icon being another copy action. This seems to happen after some trigger in the program, as the Icons do what their supposed to do for awhile after starting or restarting the program. Been using the "Dark Theme".
Correction - Got the versions wrong.

Auto Intro was working in the 6.1.00 Beta version and stopped working with the latest Beta update or Version 6.1.0.1.

My sincere apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

RadioBOSS is still perfect for what I am doing with it. It's features are outstanding.

Can you please send a screenshot of the auto intro rule that doesn't work? Are there any error messages in the log?

Do you mean the Paste starts working as a Copy? Honestly, I don't see how this is possible. Does it also start to look odd? If so, please send a screenshot.

If that is already visible in the Plaliste you do not need to look in the tracktool every time
Do you need to ensure that the track is normalized?

in fact, EVERY time i run that event as manual "run now", it works, but within the scheduled event it fails with an error 2, so i think it is a bug somewhere in the code, but maybe difficult to find because it does run OK when manually ran so difficult to test
It's easy to test - I have set an event to run and waited for it to start on time. The TTS worked. Technically there's no difference how the event is started because in the end it simply adds an item to the playlist and plays it.

Auto Intro was working in the 6.1.00 Beta version and stopped working with the latest Beta update or Version 6.1.0.1.
There were no changes made to Auto Intro between those two versions. I suggest to check the rules and also log to see if there are any errors.

Es fácil de probar: configuré un evento para que se ejecutara y esperé a que comenzara a tiempo. El TTS funcionó. Técnicamente, no hay diferencia en cómo se inicia el evento porque al final simplemente agrega un elemento a la lista de reproducción y lo reproduce.

No se realizaron cambios en Auto Intro entre esas dos versiones. Sugiero verificar las reglas y también iniciar sesión para ver si hay algún error.
si la intro automática funciona correctamente

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (18).png
    Captura de pantalla (18).png
    322.8 KB · Views: 209
It's easy to test - I have set an event to run and waited for it to start on time. The TTS worked. Technically there's no difference how the event is started because in the end it simply adds an item to the playlist and plays it.

There were no changes made to Auto Intro between those two versions. I suggest to check the rules and also log to see if there are any errors.
just in case its a issue with the 64bit, i reinstalled the x86 version, same issue, the TTS event does schedule but when it tries to play it gives error 2. I am running windows 7, i have checked firewalls etc, there should be nothing stopping it. I have disabled my weather announcement for now until we can figure out what is going on

1637354644284.png

just in case its a issue with the 64bit, i reinstalled the x86 version, same issue, the TTS event does schedule but when it tries to play it gives error 2. I am running windows 7, i have checked firewalls etc, there should be nothing stopping it. I have disabled my weather announcement for now until we can figure out what is going on

View attachment 11343
works fine here Win 7 32bit with RadioBOSS 6.1.0.1 32bit

Attachments

• Screenshot_16.jpg
    Screenshot_16.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
Back