RadioBOSS 6.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadcasting stats: individual chart for each encoder (for last hour only)
Where can i find it ?
The only difference I can see is that behind the first 4 streams is a colored dot, all the others have the same color.
In the diagram all have only one color and are also all counted together and not as I would have expected in separate lines and different colors
stats.jpg

Bug :
Events/Hours/Custom
I notice the Boxes to the right in the Start Time area, all say ADD (in words) whereas I think it should be
(1) Add.
(2) Middle One Not Sure what it is meant to be... reschedule maybe.
(3) Delete.

Creating hourly playlists is possible using the Playlist Generator - it allows creating multiple playlists in one go.
I have looked at this in Ver 6.2
I am still not able to ascertain just how hourly Playlists are accomplished. I have read thru help.
For Example I want a Playlist that says 1pm, 2pm, 3pm etc (every hour for a whole day) followed by enough tracks to be maybe extend each hour to 1 hr 8mins say in length.
Example : An hourly Playlist created for 2pm today, and then (say 30 secs or 60 secs or maybe even 90 secs before the hour) at 2pm to move up into (wiping out all previous tracks existing in Playlist, including the current playing Track but not stopping the current play track playing) and inserting the new 2pm Playing List.
It doesn't have to be exactly like that.
Anything that will shuffle the old Playlist away and insert a new hours worth of tracks would do. One hour at a time.
Something and anything better than we have now, just to give some timing regularity to a whole days worth of traffic just being plonked into the Playlist as happens now.
I can think of Eventing a new Playlist Generation every hour, and then inserting it every hour, but I don't see why Generation cannot do the same thing by making a whole day of hourly Playlist/s in one go.

Last edited:
New Feature for 6.2 :
File type option: do not update playcount and last played tags
I want to make use of this for certain tracks as I have brand new daily tracks, every day, and after 24 hours they are dumped, the playcount is over-riding information after I download the file, date and time wise. And I need the original date and time to remain, and thus Playcount has become a real nuisance for me. But only for these particular files, and not the great majority of tracks I have.
Where do I go to stop Playcount happening on a file/track?
I have looked but cannot find just where to go.

Added temperature variables for track title format (%temp, %temp_tom, etc)
the variable for the temperature work properly
Is there also a variable for the humidity ?
%hum and %humidity I have tried and did not work

Hi, I installed this new version and deleted all the configuration that I had in the previous version. Signal Horario e Vinhetas, if I knew, I would not have installed this new beta version because now it has deleted all the configuration

I think this is a BUG, but also unsure if its actually been with-drawn for some reason.
Events/Expiration has disappeared in Beta 6.2 (Top picture). Black background picture was Ver 6.1.2.1
Picture attached :

RadioBOSS Events No 2 18Jun2022.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I installed this new version and deleted all the configuration that I had in the previous version. Signal Horario e Vinhetas, if I knew, I would not have installed this new beta version because now it has deleted all the configuration
Have you possibly installed it as 64bit, and the previous version was 32 bit ?
I did that and it came up completely blank as though it was a brand new install.

Last edited:
I think this is a BUG, but also unsure if its actually been with-drawn for some reason.
Events/Expiration has disappeared in Beta 6.2 (Top picture). Black background picture was Ver 6.1.2.1
Picture attached :

click on the small arrow for the selection and select Disable Event then the mask for entering time and date also appears

Never install a Beta Version over a existing version that is in use

So there is a bug here,
Use the following command and just leave the inserted track in the library
Looks like some sort of translation error, can you please provide more details on what happens after you run this command?

On the other hand it would also be useful to be able to remove a track from the library by command
For what situation this can be useful?

The rating filter in the teasers is very useful.
Is it possible to also add customizable fields as a teaser?
Because we abandoned the rating field a long time ago
Custom fields are designed for reporting purposes - not for other features, so it's unlikely, I'm sorry. Why not use the rating field?

A little complicated, especially if the commercials change every few days and if there are a lot of them.
Before this option was possible and you said there was some bug about it, but I would be happy if you consider to bring back this option.
This will complicate the events list processing a lot so I don't think manual events arrangement is going to be brought back. Most users have events sorted by "Run in" or name or other column anyway.

Broadcasting stats: individual chart for each encoder (for last hour only)
Where can i find it ?
Please right click the chart to enable this.

Bug :
Events/Hours/Custom
I notice the Boxes to the right in the Start Time area, all say ADD (in words) whereas I think it should be
(1) Add.
(2) Middle One Not Sure what it is meant to be... reschedule maybe.
(3) Delete.
Thank you!

Something and anything better than we have now, just to give some timing regularity to a whole days worth of traffic just being plonked into the Playlist as happens now.
I can think of Eventing a new Playlist Generation every hour, and then inserting it every hour, but I don't see why Generation cannot do the same thing by making a whole day of hourly Playlist/s in one go.
This is possible, you can create one event to create playlists for the whole day (24 playlists), please see this manual page for the details:

Then you create an event that will run those playlists using the file name macro (exact macro depends on the file name of the playlists you create), please see the "file name templates" section: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm
Also enable the "Clear playlist" option so that every new started playlist will clear the playlist window contents.

So it's only two events that will create and run playlists whole day, every day.

Where do I go to stop Playcount happening on a file/track?
It's in the file type settings: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/file_types.htm

Is there also a variable for the humidity ?
%hum and %humidity I have tried and did not work
%humidity and %humidity_tom should work.

It does not delete any configuration. Some settings can be reset if they have changed/removed in the new version, but it's rare. All playlists, events and almost everything will be preserved.

I still have not receiver my beat key yet??
The beta key requests will be processed soon.

Have you possibly installed it as 64bit, and the previous version was 32 bit ?
I did that and it came up completely blank as though it was a brand new install.
When you install a version with a different architecture, it'll use a different settings folder. This is by design, because technically it's a different program.

BUENAS TARDES SOLICITO LA LICENCIA BETA DE ESTA ÚLTIMA VERSIÓN PERO NO SIEMPRE ME HAN ENVIADO HE PROBADO LAS VERSIONES BETA PERO EN ESTA OCASIÓN AÚN NO ME ENVÍAN LLENE EL FORMULARIO POR FAVOR SI ES TAN AMABLE PUEDE ENVIARME LA LICENCIA BETA

BUENAS TARDES SOLICITO LA LICENCIA BETA DE ESTA ÚLTIMA VERSIÓN PERO NO SIEMPRE ME HAN ENVIADO HE PROBADO LAS VERSIONES BETA PERO EN ESTA OCASIÓN AÚN NO ME ENVÍAN LLENE EL FORMULARIO POR FAVOR SI ES TAN AMABLE PUEDE ENVIARME LA LICENCIA BETA
Please write in English.

Suggestion - add an option to set all Cart wall background colour & font colour at same time per tab so you dont have to go through each one individually
1655595456564.png

DJSOFT
My Post on Events/Expiration above on Page 2.
I brought that up as it may be a BUG or possibly Expiration has been removed from an Event.
In Ver 6.1.2.1 its there, in Ver 6.2 its gone.
Can you clarify what it is, a BUG or removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back