RadioBOSS 6.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Staff member
What's new
  • Scheduled events: multiple start times can be specified for an event
  • Scheduled events: event duration limit can be specified
  • Command execution on startup: allows specifying commands to be executed upon RadioBOSS start
  • VU meter source can be seleced (Audio Mix or one of the Inputs)
  • File type bed: multiple bed track can be specified
  • File type option: do not update playcount and last played tags
  • File type column added to the playlist
  • Mute playlist when prelistening in Track Tool, Segue Editor and Music Library
  • AUX playlist: option added to attenuate the main playlist while AUX is playing
  • Relay: allows specifying playlist volume when the relay is connected (previously the playlist was always muted)
  • Teaser: added minimal rating option to filter music tracks
  • Voice track recorder: MIC DSP is applied to recorded voice tracks
  • Added temperature variables for track title format (%temp, %temp_tom, etc)
  • Option added: use the Last Played tag when checking for repeat protection in Track List
  • Select what title to show in Last Played/Now Playiung/Upcoming bars (playlist title or broadcast title)
  • Improved time display in event list: shows custom hours and additional start time
  • Advanced option added: broadcasting state after RadioBOSS restart
  • Advanced option added: sweeper - minimum time to sweep
  • Improved quality of radio logo display in the main window
  • Increased intro countdown bar size
  • Select double click action for Search and File Explorer windows
  • Tool bar: certain items can be hidden (View->Toolbar menu)
  • Broadcasting stats: individual chart for each encoder (for last hour only)
  • makelibrary command allows adding individual files to the library
  • Adjustable color for weather display in the main window
Ads Scheduler
  • Added menu command to delete a track from disk
  • Allows using up to five sweepers (previously it was limited to three)
Music Library
  • Print feature prints only filtered tracks when the filter is enabled
  • Improved batch track process user interface
Playlist Generator
  • Added import/export of the related artists list
  • Index number can be enabled in the rotation list (right click menu)
  • Fixed: separate artists repeat protection didn't work for some single character separators
Bug fixes and minor improvements
  • %len and %playcount track title format variables had wrong values when Track List was playing
  • Segue Editor occasional incorrect initial fade in/out position
  • Broadcasting statistics window flicker removed when using custom themes
  • Next track incorrectly selected sometimes when playing track was removed
  • Next track incorrectly sometimes evaluated incorrectly when playling last scheduled track and Shuffle enabled
  • Other bugs fixed, minor improvements

License key:
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires August 15, 2022.

Download
RadioBOSS 6.2 beta:
x86 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.2.0.4.exe (7/13/2022, 31MB)
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_6.2.0.4_x64.exe (7/13/2022, 35MB)

Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.

Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount, up to 100%, when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.

Last edited:
Hmmm, not implement?

I suggest in the Scheduler wizard > Generate a playlist > Select template - that they be sorted in Preset groups, as the Presets in Playlist Generator Pro.
So it's better organized and easier to find if they a lot of preset.
Thank you for the suggestion, we'll consider implementing it in the next update.

En 64 no acepta dsp de plugin y más seria que le ponga pitch de velocidad para audio y video seria genial.

He proposes a few changes.
-The tag list should be sortable, e.g. alphabetically. I have a lot of tags, long list search is difficult.
- tag list, should have tag search list.
- Ad calendar. There should be a bar on the list informing you that there are ads scheduled. Then I can see how many tracks are between the advertising block.
- Track information is displayed under the play list, under this window there is information with the number of music tracks and their end time. Unfortunately, they insult when the song is playing.
- in the schedule tab window, in which planned events are set, it is possible to build blocks. Eg jingles, additional songs played at a certain time, advertising, etc. Can I introduce block sorting? A very good solution would be to arrange the order by moving the blocks with the mouse in the layout you want.

is it possible to add a command that when silence is detected in radioboss it restarts?
Settings > Options > Silence detector, you can set the length of the silence and threshold. You could create a playlist in RadioBOSS and add it as an Auxiliary playlist

This is our example
1655303909073.png

You can schedule commands 'silencedetector on' or 'silencedetector off' to schedule it to start and finish at certain times of the day, if that suits.

Suggestions

Better Equalizer
Would be nice to be able might be able to add this to run 3rd party programs through Radioboss like Virtual DJ or Mixxx

Bugs I have notice with version 6.1.05

You have a scheduled event and some time it just skips the event
Albums covers like 40% of the time the album cover is not even show or a lot of the time it will show the album for 1 to 2 min then removes the cover like the track does not even have the album cover in the metadata

I am waiting for my key to try out Beta 6.2

makelibrary command allows adding individual files to the library
Hello Dmitry,
Thanks for the this!

I'm testing this, however adding a new track doesn't delete the rest of the library.
I imagine that I can pass the parameter of all the tracks, but it is quite cumbersome.
The typical thing would be to add a second parameter to remove or add tracks. (And in this way the previous ones are preserved)

Any advancement at this point of time on a previous suggestion of mine for Generating Hourly Playlists (and starting each hour right on time) and Remote Voice Breaking (for each hour).
I was hoping to see some movement in this direction by now, even if it was just starting off with the hourly playlists (badly needed), to be followed later on by Remote Voice Breaking.

En 64 no acepta dsp de plugin y más seria que le ponga pitch de velocidad para audio y video seria genial.
Please write in English.

Solucionar el problema del audio, cuando se integran un VST, pero para todas las salidas de audio.
Please write in English.

-The tag list should be sortable, e.g. alphabetically. I have a lot of tags, long list search is difficult.
You can move tags with the mouse to arrange them as you need. It was sorted automatically in the first version (where tags were added) but we have received lots of complaints - most people need custom order for tags, not alphabetical.

Ad calendar. There should be a bar on the list informing you that there are ads scheduled. Then I can see how many tracks are between the advertising block.
Can you please provide more information on this?

- Track information is displayed under the play list, under this window there is information with the number of music tracks and their end time. Unfortunately, they insult when the song is playing.
I'm not sure I understood this one, sorry.

- in the schedule tab window, in which planned events are set, it is possible to build blocks. Eg jingles, additional songs played at a certain time, advertising, etc. Can I introduce block sorting? A very good solution would be to arrange the order by moving the blocks with the mouse in the layout you want.
You can sort by column click, e.g. sort by name - then you can give events the names so they are in the order you need. Custom ordering for scheduled events is not possible - because it already has column sorting.

is it possible to add a command that when silence is detected in radioboss it restarts?
I'm not sure why this can be needed, restarting will not fix the silence problem.

Is the Ads Scheduler screen adjustment referenced in https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/radioboss-6-1-ads-scheduler.7547/post-37605 scheduled for this round of updates?
Unfortunately, not yet but we may include it, depending on how many bug we need to fix :)

and manual sorting in Ads scheduler.
You can set the names like "1. Abc" so it's sorted by name as you need.

Better Equalizer
Would be nice to be able might be able to add this to run 3rd party programs through Radioboss like Virtual DJ or Mixxx
You can use VST plugins to get a different Equalizer.

Bugs I have notice with version 6.1.05
Please check if they actually exist in this new version, a lot had changed since 6.1.0.5.

I'm testing this, however adding a new track doesn't delete the rest of the library.
Adding a track only adds it to the library - it's not supposed to remove any other tracks.

I was hoping to see some movement in this direction by now, even if it was just starting off with the hourly playlists (badly needed), to be followed later on by Remote Voice Breaking.
Creating hourly playlists is possible using the Playlist Generator - it allows creating multiple playlists in one go. Remote voice tracking is a different thing and it's still in our queue.

It would be good if the problem is corrected for the VST's since in the last versions they gave problems. They do not accept them or do not execute them.
VST handling was not changed for some time. If some playlists are not seen in the list - it's likely due to architecture, e.g. you try to use 32-bit plugin with a 64-bit RadioBOSS. This will not work.

Adding a track only adds it to the library - it's not supposed to remove any other tracks.
So there is a bug here,
Use the following command and just leave the inserted track in the library

Code:
makelibrary test|C:\Users\M1\Music\Dvicio - DOSIS.mp3

On the other hand it would also be useful to be able to remove a track from the library by command

The rating filter in the teasers is very useful.
Is it possible to also add customizable fields as a teaser?
Because we abandoned the rating field a long time ago

manual sorting in Ads scheduler.
You can set the names like "1. Abc" so it's sorted by name as you need.
A little complicated, especially if the commercials change every few days and if there are a lot of them.
Before this option was possible and you said there was some bug about it, but I would be happy if you consider to bring back this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back