RadioBOSS 6.3 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with one of the previous comments that it would be good to have a volume control for the monitor card. This would solve the problem of using a screen reader with RadioBoss. Now we need to have three cards in order for the screen reader to work on the third one. With independent volume control for the monitor card, we could also use a screen reader on the same card. These hour markers are a great thing. Would it be possible to set RadioBoss to insert one of the jingles from a specific folder at each hour marker and then insert a teaser?
Volume slider for monitor card will be added in one of the next updates.

• New crossfading option: Mix Start determines where the following track is mixed in; mix start can be automatically detected
Hello, Where could this option be available to enable?
It's in Track Tool if you want to set it manually, or it can be set automatically from Music Library, in the Tools->Process Tracks menu.

That the files that are selected to step on the songs can make a bridge between the end of the song that is playing and the beginning of the song that is going to play, that this can be done automatically.
You can simply insert the bridge track between the two music tracks. Probably a file type for the "bridge" should be created with its own crossfade settings.

A quick test I see that it is when I lower the track that is being played. (When I raise it, it work correctly)
Turning off and on marks fixes it.
Do you mean dragging it up and down? If so, I think this should be fixed in the next update.

or maybe another DTMF option "Search tones in main player", I don't know if it is technically possible
This is somewhat possible. You can configure Monitor sound card to use a virtual sound card, select the same virtual card for one of the inputs, and use it for DTMF detection.
This will still not fix any sync issues, however. Playback goes independently of DTMF ton detector, with, typically, DTMF detector going slightly ahead (there's DTMF delay option in the settings).

Another bug: Custom title for file types doesn't work when in a container
Thank you, will be fixed in the next update.

Fast forward the song doesn't update the hourmarker either. (In radio it is not very common, but it should be taken into account)
Do you use version 6.3.0.1? I did a quick test, and seeking a song also updates. hour markers.

Maybe an option to show the title and artist fields when there isn't one.
Tracks without metadata and hourmarker would be interesting to see the data
For hour markers, it shows the title in the "Track Title" column, but I see that you don't have this column and have Title and Artist instead. It will show hour marker value in the Title column as well. Parsing file name for artist/title columns is also a good idea, thank you, will be implemented.

Since I send a lot with a controller, I would be interested to know whether it could be integrated into the radio boss because of the mapping etc. or whether it was bad
Currently RadioBOSS doesn't support controller input via MIDI interface, so this won't work. We plan on adding this, but currently I can't tell when this is going to happen.

This is somewhat possible. You can configure Monitor sound card to use a virtual sound card, select the same virtual card for one of the inputs, and use it for DTMF detection.
This will still not fix any sync issues, however. Playback goes independently of DTMF ton detector, with, typically, DTMF detector going slightly ahead (there's DTMF delay option in the settings).
It's exactly the way we work and the timing is almost perfect.
When the dmtf tone is received, the ad event starts in a simultaneous player and the streaming is muted until it ends. (in the main player).
The question is that I was thinking about how to implement output dtmf tones. (Being muted will never be received).
That's why I had in mind an advanced setting that keeps playing the main player through the monitor output while the simultaneous player is playing.

Playback goes independently of DTMF ton detector, with, typically, DTMF detector going slightly ahead (there's DTMF delay option in the settings).
In the synchronization I was referring to the main streaming, vs the streaming that is received to analyze the dtmf tones (logically it should be the same stream, same server).
In our experience it is not a good thing, as the days go by several seconds are out of phase and then they cause the dtmf tones to arrive several seconds before or after.
The solution to this is to configure it the way we talked about in the previous post (insert the main playback in an input line). But this has the problem that when the main player is muted because a simultaneous dtmf event was fired, it will never hear the output dtmf tone.
An idea was to avoid that, it was what I commented in the previous post.

I was testing the text to you function, however the language is always English despite configuring the windows 11 narrator in Spanish.
Is there a way to modify this setting?

Climpchamp included in windows has an excellent narrator, the most natural I've ever heard. It would be interesting if in the next few years it is available on windows, or that it can be called from a python script for example

Update:
This problem appears when the current track is moved and there are no more tracks to complete the hour.
1679854819251.png

Hello! I found a graphics bug in RadioBoss version 6.3.0.1. Ads Scheduler's left panel remains white when Carbon or any dark theme is set. I looked for a way to set it to black, but I couldn't find a solution. That's why I think it's a mistake. If this is a fix, I'm glad I could help you discover the error.

Attachments

• CarbonThemeerror.jpg
    CarbonThemeerror.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 64
I have a problem. When I create a new task in the scheduler, the screen reader doesn't see it until I create another one. When I have two tasks, I can use the arrows to position myself on one of them and perform one of the offered actions. When there is only one task on the list, it is not possible to position yourself on it.

I don't know what's wrong with my pc, but this is the only version I can install to test.

RadioBOSS 6.2.4.2 hotfix

I do not know what is happening.
1679874219286.png

If I could make a feature request for the new version, I would suggest improving the TTS voice. For example, Windows 11 offers several high-quality voices, including international ones, that sound better than the ones in RB Version 6.3.0. Additionally, it would be great if you could add more parameters for weather queries from OpenWeatherMap. According to their API, there are more options available than what is currently integrated into RB.

The question is that I was thinking about how to implement output dtmf tones. (Being muted will never be received).
That's why I had in mind an advanced setting that keeps playing the main player through the monitor output while the simultaneous player is playing.
Looks like this option is too situation specific. Also, when a playlist is muted, it's muted before it reaches any sound cards (main or monitor) so implementing this will require many internal changes.

In the synchronization I was referring to the main streaming, vs the streaming that is received to analyze the dtmf tones (logically it should be the same stream, same server).
Playback stream is one stream, and for DTMF it runs a different stream. Technically it's more reliable, and it's generally better when things are isolated from each other. Event if it was a single stream, there will still be sync problems anyway.

I was testing the text to you function, however the language is always English despite configuring the windows 11 narrator in Spanish.
Is there a way to modify this setting?
RadioBOSS uses the default TTS language and configured in the system. It also supports XML parameters: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/desktop/ms717077(v=vs.85) - so you can select a different voice, and control other parameters.

Update:
This problem appears when the current track is moved and there are no more tracks to complete the hour.
At what position this track was before?

Hello! I found a graphics bug in RadioBoss version 6.3.0.1. Ads Scheduler's left panel remains white when Carbon or any dark theme is set. I looked for a way to set it to black, but I couldn't find a solution. That's why I think it's a mistake. If this is a fix, I'm glad I could help you discover the error.
Will be fixed in the next update, thank you.

I'm seeing the mixstart field enabled on songs that don't have it set. (In tracktool)
Doesn't seem to happen here. Maybe you processed all tracks and it set Mix Start to zero?

I don't know what's wrong with my pc, but this is the only version I can install to test.
It's either some rights issue, or antivirus doesn't let RB installer perform some file operations.

If I could make a feature request for the new version, I would suggest improving the TTS voice. For example, Windows 11 offers several high-quality voices, including international ones, that sound better than the ones in RB Version 6.3.0.
RadioBOSS uses the voices installed in the system - it doesn't have its own voices. When you make RadioBOSS read a text, it uses default voice as configured in Windows.

Lyrics output to XML playlist please as Lyrics can be added by
LyricsFinder.exe can we have these dumped to XLR as well please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back