RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were lots of complaints about 1-9 range being too narrow, so that had to be done. We can add an option to show shortened version of 1-9 what do you think?

There were lots of complaints about 1-9 range being too narrow, so that had to be done. We can add an option to show shortened version of 1-9 what do you think?
We like to have that range of 99, but if you can make it optional... great!

by the way:
"Ads Scheduler"
"Search now works as a filter for the ads list"
This function is excellent!!!.. congratulations!

An update on this. RadioBOSS (not only this RB 7, but all previous versions too) support MySQL databases from version 3.21 up to version 8.0.23 (and MariaDB from version 5.5 up to version 10.6) Your MySQL falls outside this range, so that's why it doesn't work. This information will be included in the User Manual, I'm sorry it wasn't done before. Maybe it somewhat worked before (in RB 6.3.3) and now, as a result of DB access library update in RadioBOSS it throws an error instead of working with potential hidden issues.
ok and what can we do to fix that?
do a downgrade?
I have several tables, databases with about 800K songs

buenas noches reportoi fallo al intentar reproducir playlist..tampoco viene totalmente traducido al idioma español, y presenta cuelgues en el sonido

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (4).png
    Captura de pantalla (4).png
    682.2 KB · Views: 78
Probably better to allow us to decide - e.g. a number box with the maximum number of priorities that can't go lower than 2 or higher than 99. For us 9 is enough too - we use 5 though.

An update on this. RadioBOSS (not only this RB 7, but all previous versions too) support MySQL databases from version 3.21 up to version 8.0.23 (and MariaDB from version 5.5 up to version 10.6) Your MySQL falls outside this range, so that's why it doesn't work. This information will be included in the User Manual, I'm sorry it wasn't done before. Maybe it somewhat worked before (in RB 6.3.3) and now, as a result of DB access library update in RadioBOSS it throws an error instead of working with potential hidden issues.
MySQL 8.0.35 is the latest general release. My expectation is if MySQL is supported with RadioBOSS, that the latest version should be supported. Older versions it would be understandable if they weren't - not so much the latest version (especially when it's working fine in 6.3.3).

Please disable any priority rules for that category, this will make it shuffle tracks (instead of doing random selection).

What MySQL/MariaDB version do you use?

Those panels are now drawn using Direct2D (to improve performance and offload graphic things to GPU) - Direct2D is available starting with Windows 7, so it should work there. Does RadioBOSS show any error messages? Did you remove some components from Windows?

No error messages and all components installed. Private on multiple PCs with Windows 7 same problem.
Thank you
Stephen

We like to have that range of 99, but if you can make it optional... great!
There'll be an option to control that, short range by default (for convenience) and extended range can be enabled for those who need it.

ok and what can we do to fix that?
do a downgrade?
I have several tables, databases with about 800K songs
This is a good question, the recommended way would be to use the supported version just to be sure. We did test it here with the latest MySQL Server 8.0.35 and it worked just fine. Do you use 32bit or 64 bit RadioBOSS? Did that same MySQL Server work fine with the previous RadioBOSS?

buenas noches reportoi fallo al intentar reproducir playlist..tampoco viene totalmente traducido al idioma español, y presenta cuelgues en el sonido
This error will be fixed in the next update, thank you.

mysql Ver 8.0.35 for Linux on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)
Debian 5.10.0-24-amd64
Did it work with previous RadioBOSS 6.3?

Probably better to allow us to decide - e.g. a number box with the maximum number of priorities that can't go lower than 2 or higher than 99. For us 9 is enough too - we use 5 though.
We'll add an option to use short range or extended, short will be the default.

MySQL 8.0.35 is the latest general release. My expectation is if MySQL is supported with RadioBOSS, that the latest version should be supported. Older versions it would be understandable if they weren't - not so much the latest version (especially when it's working fine in 6.3.3).
This is logical, but problem is that RadioBOSS uses 3rd party library to access databases, and its library has its own requirements for server version. It actually does work here with the latest MySQL 8.0.35 so I'm unsure what the problem could be.

mysql Ver 8.0.35 for Linux on x86_64 (MySQL Community Server - GPL)
Debian 5.10.0-24-amd64

We'll add an option to use short range or extended, short will be the default.

This is logical, but problem is that RadioBOSS uses 3rd party library to access databases, and its library has its own requirements for server version. It actually does work here with the latest MySQL 8.0.35 so I'm unsure what the problem could be.

You can no longer use "REQUIRE" in the comment filter, is that intentional?
This was not changed and REQUIRE can still be used.

No error messages and all components installed. Private on multiple PCs with Windows 7 same problem.
Can you please check if Segue Editor or Track Tool work properly - do they show the waveform? (they use the same drawing method as Nowplaying bar)

tomiko I don't think I ever run radio boss on windows 7.0 it's no longer supported and is really old O/S.

The fields should do this with current playing and coming up next:

6dbeb5d655d9724bc7f3a804a64804e3 (1).png

I agree with NestorC, the idea was to have an overview of the numbers for all ads all the time, not just when click on each one individually. This way, I have to click on each field again to find out how many ads there are in each. I don't see the point of this solution. This is not what we were talking about.

Additionally, it was announced that in the new version, we will be able to assign days of the week and hours for the broadcasting of songs. There is no such thing either?
Yes it does see the window for days of week I hope this helps. Although it only sets hour the same on each day as i can see.
853a9573807b6b32aad3778192e8977b.png

Just saying the new version is so much better. The voice over has clarity it's so perfect it's unbelievable. and this took on all possibilities into account. You can separate the porting of Cart and Jingle only to a mixer but not AutoIntro at present however the 'not pass through DSP' is working beautifully. Maybe Dmitri left this for an upgrade? I have also noticed removing the voice filters from stereo tool have speed that up considerably too, so the system is working really well. Compression is now working making the sound just sound great :)

tomimatko have to tried running it in compatibility mode in x86 version? You used to be able to right click the item in windows and set how it ran in properties.

Yes - same PC was moved back to 6.3 and the issue stopped. The studios are still on 6.3 and were able to access the database while the test PC wasn't able to. I was using the 64 bit version of 7.0

Supports multiple Artist entries (for FLAC, OGG, OPUS); when displaying, artists are comma-separated
Dmitry, I'm trying this and so far it's a great first step. I see that they can be edited without being lost as separate artistsBut I would like to have an array of artists in readtag, that would be the most convenient to avoid false separations, is that possible?. the same for writetag.
PLGen pro separates artists by comma, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back