RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Event Overview window where all events for a given day are shown in a chart
Great idea.
Minor problem: when using the dark style, there is a very annoying blink when passing over the viewfinder.
Idea: When there are overlapping events at the same time it could be shown in another way, for example crossed out.
Also a filter by category is very necessary, so as to check only the overlapping PLGen presets for example.

Gran idea.
Problema menor: al utilizar el estilo oscuro, se produce un parpadeo muy molesto al pasar por encima del visor.
Idea: Cuando hay eventos superpuestos al mismo tiempo se podría mostrar de otra forma, por ejemplo tachado.
También es muy necesario un filtro por categoría, para comprobar sólo los ajustes preestablecidos de PLGen superpuestos, por ejemplo.
Creé 3 eventos que reproducen una canción y el gráfico fue el siguiente. Ni siquiera puedo ver uno de los eventos.
(se muestra superpuesto y no lo está) ¿Me estoy perdiendo algo?

1700319569068.png

1700319995047.png

Why not graph it as a table? In this case it is per week, which in my case would be more useful.
This is an old example from the forum, for this implementation I would make much taller columns with the time, and all the events there with the start time

This is odd. Do you have all updates installed for Windows? Please see this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/direct3darticles/platform-update-for-windows-7

Yes, I have all Windows updates (just checked). When I tried to install the latest Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu, which includes the new Direct2D, it tells me that it's already installed. I reinstalled DirectX 11, but that didn't help either.

We have to stick with Windows 7 due to some drivers that are not available in Windows 10.

Attachments

• 2023-11-17_102231.jpg
    2023-11-17_102231.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 56
We like to have that range of 99, but if you can make it optional... great!
It would be good if that could be optional. We only have 4 - Default, first, last, and second to last. So, having 99 is entirely unnecessary for us, and I like being able to handle everything in just two clicks.

Event Overview window where all events for a given day are shown in a chart
I agree, it's a great idea, although it should be improved a bit to make it more transparent. Look at my Event overview - it's completely unclear for me. Look, some columns almost cover other columns. Perhaps solve this by allowing the disabling/enabling of individual events for display.

What does it mean when columns have different heights?

Attachments

• 2023-11-18_173337.jpg
    2023-11-18_173337.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 57
Can you please check if Segue Editor or Track Tool work properly - do they show the waveform? (they use the same drawing method as Nowplaying bar)
Yes, Segue Editor, Segue Editor 3, Track Tool work properly. They show the waveform.

Weighted selection works like this, let's say there are two categories
CategoryA has weight = 1
CategoryB has weight = 2
This means, CategoryB has 2x chance of being selected for the playlist compared to CategoryA. For example, if you select 100 tracks, you will have about 66 tracks from CategoryB and around 34 tracks from CategoryA.
Thank you for the explanation. This is really a great thing. I used to do something similar in a complicated way with tags and filters in Playlist generator, now everything is much simpler.

Yes, I have all Windows updates (just checked). When I tried to install the latest Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu, which includes the new Direct2D, it tells me that it's already installed. I reinstalled DirectX 11, but that didn't help either.

We have to stick with Windows 7 due to some drivers that are not available in Windows 10.
Dd you try and right click the x32 icon and set run time options? As compatibility mode?

Weighted selection works like this, let's say there are two categories
CategoryA has weight = 1
CategoryB has weight = 2
This means, CategoryB has 2x chance of being selected for the playlist compared to CategoryA. For example, if you select 100 tracks, you will have about 66 tracks from CategoryB and around 34 tracks from CategoryA.
This was something highly anticipated. We have not yet tested it in production since the presets must be rebuilt. But in the meantime I have the following doubt:
Values between 1 and 100 are accepted. Is it a percentage?
Wouldn't a default value of 50% be more appropriate?
So work the same as priorities, just for clarity

This is a good question, the recommended way would be to use the supported version just to be sure. We did test it here with the latest MySQL Server 8.0.35 and it worked just fine. Do you use 32bit or 64 bit RadioBOSS? Did that same MySQL Server work fine with the previous RadioBOSS?
Mysql 8.0.35 worked fine with RB 6.3.3
Stopped working with RB 7.0.0.0 in both versions 32 and 64 bit
i use Windows 10, 64 bit

Minor comment. After updating to the latest version RB did not automatically start with the 1st track, despite being configured.
After the second start it did.
1700337707145.png

An update on this. RadioBOSS (not only this RB 7, but all previous versions too) support MySQL databases from version 3.21 up to version 8.0.23 (and MariaDB from version 5.5 up to version 10.6) Your MySQL falls outside this range, so that's why it doesn't work. This information will be included in the User Manual, I'm sorry it wasn't done before. Maybe it somewhat worked before (in RB 6.3.3) and now, as a result of DB access library update in RadioBOSS it throws an error instead of working with potential hidden issues.
MariaDB 10.5 working ok here after installing the beta on the production system

On your screenshots here https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/radioboss-7-0-beta.11629/post-47707 the station IDs are different in the two playlists, only the first one seems to be the same.
It's right. But it always uses the same IDs but distributes them differently. And every time it generates the playlist it always uses the first one in the same order.
I have generated many playlists and it always uses the same ones, which didn't happen before. What can you recommend so that the distribution is completely random?

On your screenshots here https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/radioboss-7-0-beta.11629/post-47707 the station IDs are different in the two playlists, only the first one seems to be the same.
I am attaching a PDF of the report generator.
You will see that it includes 4 hours generated by the generator.

And always put the same ID first.

There are some that are repeated but are normal like: "classic ids". the rest are generic

(the hours are separated with the teasers)

Attachments

• Reporte 4 hours.pdf
    23.9 KB · Views: 79
The track following the next track is evaluated for cases when sending the next track title is disabled (e.g. for a jingle)
Still limited, when there are commercials, several tracks will be marked so as not to send the title to broadcast, it only works when there is only one track in the sequence.

In Playlist Gen Pro you can only drag the categories on the left side only if they are global.
Also, if the buttons are used to go up and down the list, it throws an error. (report sent)

Good morning
When recording a voice track, there is no waveform after recording
Good day

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-11-19 080118.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-19 080118.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back