RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomiko I don't think I ever run radio boss on windows 7.0 it's no longer supported and is really old O/S.
RadioBOSS works on Windows 7 SP1 (not on first Windows 7 release). It actually works here on Windows 7 test machine.

Just saying the new version is so much better. The voice over has clarity it's so perfect it's unbelievable. and this took on all possibilities into account. You can separate the porting of Cart and Jingle only to a mixer but not AutoIntro at present however the 'not pass through DSP' is working beautifully. Maybe Dmitri left this for an upgrade?
Problem with Auto Intro is that it's mixed into the music track, and therefore always being processed by music DSP. To exclude Auto Intro from being processed by DSP, it needs to be reworked so that it's inserted into the playlist instead of mixing it internally. This is a big change and we didn't have time to finish it for this 7.0 release.

Yes - same PC was moved back to 6.3 and the issue stopped. The studios are still on 6.3 and were able to access the database while the test PC wasn't able to. I was using the 64 bit version of 7.0
This is interesting, as nothing about it was changed in RadioBOSS itself. Looks like the new version of database access module is more picky - even more cryptic is that everything works fine here with latest MySQL. Extended error reporting will be added in the next update, probably we'll be able to understand what's wrong there.

Dmitry, I'm trying this and so far it's a great first step. I see that they can be edited without being lost as separate artistsBut I would like to have an array of artists in readtag, that would be the most convenient to avoid false separations, is that possible?. the same for writetag.
If you use string like "Artist1, Artist2" in writetag command it will write into separate Artist fields (if the format supports it). Same with readtag, you receive a string like "Artist1, Artist2" and you can separate it yourself using comma as a delimiter (this is what RadioBOSS does actually).

PLGen pro separates artists by comma, right?
By default, yes - if you didn't remove the comma from the artist separator list.

This was not changed and REQUIRE can still be used.

Can you please check if Segue Editor or Track Tool work properly - do they show the waveform? (they use the same drawing method as Nowplaying bar)
Yes, they work correctly.
1700392544383.png

Minor problem: when using the dark style, there is a very annoying blink when passing over the viewfinder.
Thank you, will be fixed.

Idea: When there are overlapping events at the same time it could be shown in another way, for example crossed out.
Currently events have different heights, and sorted in a special way so that no event completely hides any other event.

Also a filter by category is very necessary, so as to check only the overlapping PLGen presets for example.
Do you think a filter to show only event from a specific group will be enough?

Creé 3 eventos que reproducen una canción y el gráfico fue el siguiente. Ni siquiera puedo ver uno de los eventos.
(se muestra superpuesto y no lo está) ¿Me estoy perdiendo algo?
There are three events on this chart - one is shown at the left, and two that overlap each other. Should there be some other event?

Why not graph it as a table? In this case it is per week, which in my case would be more useful.
This is an old example from the forum, for this implementation I would make much taller columns with the time, and all the events there with the start time
The analysis report (based on which it paints the chart) can be exported (e.g. to a CSV), it will show for the whole day what events start when. Do you think we should add it?

Great improvement.
Maybe a select all/unselect would be faster to work in the interface
If "Week days" is unchecked, it won't be checking the days of week (meaning the event will run on any day). There's no "check all" in the main event window, and that's why it also wasn't added there - so that it looks the same.

Yes, I have all Windows updates (just checked). When I tried to install the latest Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.msu, which includes the new Direct2D, it tells me that it's already installed. I reinstalled DirectX 11, but that didn't help either.
The next update should fix the problem - I'm not sure completely, because it already works on Windows 7 installation here. But there will be some adjustments that likely fix it for you.

It would be good if that could be optional. We only have 4 - Default, first, last, and second to last. So, having 99 is entirely unnecessary for us, and I like being able to handle everything in just two clicks.
The next update will have short range (1-9) as a default, and extended range can be enabled from Settings for those who need it.

I agree, it's a great idea, although it should be improved a bit to make it more transparent. Look at my Event overview - it's completely unclear for me. Look, some columns almost cover other columns. Perhaps solve this by allowing the disabling/enabling of individual events for display.
Yes, adding some filters makes sense. We tried different ways here to display it, it's not an easy task to fill such many information on a single chart.

What does it mean when columns have different heights?
It doesn't have any special meaning, the sole purpose of this is to prevent events overlapping.

No acepte restablecer las preferencias de una copia de seguridad Radio Boss cierra una copia de las preferencias de la versión 6.3.3.0 a la 7.0.0.0 en 86 y 64

Thank you for the explanation. This is really a great thing. I used to do something similar in a complicated way with tags and filters in Playlist generator, now everything is much simpler.
Good, I think this example explanation should be added to the manual, just in case.

Dd you try and right click the x32 icon and set run time options? As compatibility mode?
Windows 7 is the lowest OS version supported by RadioBOSS, running it in compatibility mode from Windows 7 will not work because compatibility will lower the OS version to unsupported value.

This was something highly anticipated. We have not yet tested it in production since the presets must be rebuilt. But in the meantime I have the following doubt:
Values between 1 and 100 are accepted. Is it a percentage?
Wouldn't a default value of 50% be more appropriate?
So work the same as priorities, just for clarity
It's not a percentage, it's a weight. Percentage approach will be much less useful, as it will require the sum of all "weights" to equal to 100% (meaning that, if you lower percentage for one category you need to add up it in other categories).
So the weights are more convenient. You can have any weight for any category; and a number of 100 was chosen logically as it's unlikely one will ever need such high weight values.

Example: you have two categories, each with equal weight (doesn't matter, 1 or 50 or whatever). That means, effectively, they each have 50% chance. If you have three categories, equal weight, it's 33.3% chance for each of them. If there are three categories with different weights: 1, 1, and 2, the resulting "probabilities" will be 25%, 25%, and 50%, respectively.

Basically, sum of all categories' weights can be considered as "100%" and if you want to calculate percentage for each category, it'll be:
Code:
100 / weight_sum * category_weight

Last edited:
Mysql 8.0.35 worked fine with RB 6.3.3
Stopped working with RB 7.0.0.0 in both versions 32 and 64 bit
i use Windows 10, 64 bit
This is really odd, as it works here. Please wait for the next update, it will have some extended diagnostics, hopefully we'll be able to understand what's wrong.

Minor comment. After updating to the latest version RB did not automatically start with the 1st track, despite being configured.
After the second start it did.
Did it show any error message in the log after startup?

Also after updating: The configuration of visible columns and their width in the playlist is lost.
Yes, this is because new columns were added to the playlist; this had always been like this with major updates.

It's right. But it always uses the same IDs but distributes them differently. And every time it generates the playlist it always uses the first one in the same order.
I have generated many playlists and it always uses the same ones, which didn't happen before. What can you recommend so that the distribution is completely random?
Interesting, currently there are no recommendations (as it should select random tracks without any additional effort) - probably there's a bug. Please wait for the next update and check if the issue is fixed there.

I am attaching a PDF of the report generator.
You will see that it includes 4 hours generated by the generator.
Can you please send the playlist generator preset to support@djsoft.net? To find it, please click Settings, Open Settings Folder, then open Presets, PlGenPro and you will see the file there.

Still limited, when there are commercials, several tracks will be marked so as not to send the title to broadcast, it only works when there is only one track in the sequence.
Yes. It's actually pretty hard to calculate tracks in advance, reliable, that it will consider all the options and other things that could happen (commands in the playlist, events launch, etc).

When recording a voice track, there is no waveform after recording
Thank you, will be fixed in the next update.

No acepte restablecer las preferencias de una copia de seguridad Radio Boss cierra una copia de las preferencias de la versión 6.3.3.0 a la 7.0.0.0 en 86 y 64
Does it show an error message when you restore a backup copy?

If "Week days" is unchecked, it won't be checking the days of week (meaning the event will run on any day). There's no "check all" in the main event window, and that's why it also wasn't added there - so that it looks the same.
A checkbox with 3 states is not possible? The idea is fewer clicks when only one day of the week is needed.:)
1700401759025.png

Did it show any error message in the log after startup?
nop :(

Also: I'm working with filters and priorities in PLGen pro and there are missing buttons to delete all filters and priorities rules.
I have 20 categories with 5 filters that I want to replace and it was tedious to delete everything manually, with the confirmation buttons

In the tags that are now used as priority I have categories: Speed (3 possible values), Mood (3 possible versions).. and several more... a total of 65 tags.
If a search engine could be added, it would be very useful, or a tag grouper.
I'm working on PLGen and it takes a long time to assign tags with so many values.

1700402348532.png

Interesting, currently there are no recommendations (as it should select random tracks without any additional effort) - probably there's a bug. Please wait for the next update and check if the issue is fixed there.

Can you please send the playlist generator preset to support@djsoft.net? To find it, please click Settings, Open Settings Folder, then open Presets, PlGenPro and you will see the file there.
Yes, I already sent it to the indicated email.

The idea is fewer clicks when only one day of the week is needed.:)
OK I'll see what can be done about it.

A quick test doesn't confirm it... Could be some sort of one time thing but I honestly fail to see a reason why it can, possibly, happen.

Also: I'm working with filters and priorities in PLGen pro and there are missing buttons to delete all filters and priorities rules.
I have 20 categories with 5 filters that I want to replace and it was tedious to delete everything manually, with the confirmation buttons
No problem, a "Delete all" button will be added in one of those beta version updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back