RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, this new feature, 'special category based on weights,' is really great thing. I keep trying it out, but as I noticed, are these weights not a fixed ratio?
For example, I have Category A with weight 1 and Category B with weight 3. Out of 10 songs, Category A sometimes has 3, sometimes 4, sometimes 2, and sometimes only one song. No filter or priority is enabled.
Is it designed that way, or is it not fully refined yet?

Just a small bug - the text for unchecked ads doesn't change. No matter which color is chosen, it always remains the default gray. And another bug - if the colors for unchecked cells are changed, the mouse cursor must be moved over all fields to update the color.
Thank you, those issues will be fixed in the next update.

In Ads scheduler, we have a problem that goes like this: several of our advertisers belong to the same "type," so we must be very careful when assigning blocks. Two ads of the same "type" should never be placed together. To address this, we attempt to use priority on one hand and "test all the blocks" on the other.
However, is it possible to incorporate into the RB the consideration that, when generating the block, it takes into account the "type" first and then the priority? This way, theoretically, two identical types should be kept separate.

For example, I have Category A with weight 1 and Category B with weight 3. Out of 10 songs, Category A sometimes has 3, sometimes 4, sometimes 2, and sometimes only one song. No filter or priority is enabled.
Filters or Priorities doesn't really matter here (except for cases when filters filter out all tracks from the category completely, but this is not correct setup anyway) - the Weights mean that it will select a track from the category, considering all filters and whatever other rules there are.
Regarding your case, weight 1 vs weight 3, those track numbers you get seem fit. Weights mean probability, it's not fixed like take exactly 3 tracks from here, one track from there.

is no longer working.
The hot key is changed to Ctrl+Num[0-9], Num-. This is because Ctrl+Shift+ hot keys are somehow reserved by the system (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+0 doesn't work on Windows 10/11).

However, is it possible to incorporate into the RB the consideration that, when generating the block, it takes into account the "type" first and then the priority?
I don't think this will work in a general case, if it ignores the priority it somewhat defeats the purpose of priorities (and there will be complains about "bugs" that a track with lower priority is placed after a track with higher priority). One way of improving that will be to perform "Test all blocks" on each export and issue the warning when ads are exported.

The hot key is changed to Ctrl+Num[0-9], Num-. This is because Ctrl+Shift+ hot keys are somehow reserved by the system (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+0 doesn't work on Windows 10/11).
That combination doesn't work either. Ctrl+1, 2, 3, 4 is for Work zones?

Last edited:
The "Now Playing" section in the reporting module can be customized.
  • An isolated metadata structure can be provided (there is an issue with randomly writing a moment (the one at the time of change) of metadata entry consisting of multiple lines in the common metadata field).
  • An option for flawless conversion of characters in the TXT report read by the RDS encoder, specifically for the perfection of characters in the RDS-compatible converted character option (there could be an input field option for the user to specify the transformation of characters). These characters may not pose a problem for internet broadcasting, but they present an issue for RDS.

Attachments

• NOW.PLAYING.png
    NOW.PLAYING.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 61
  • RDS.png
    RDS.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 56
Weights mean probability, it's not fixed like take exactly 3 tracks from here, one track from there.
Okay, I understand, so the ratio is not fixed, but it seems a bit too much of a difference for there to be sometimes 4 out of 10 songs, and sometimes just 1 (in weight 3-1). Especially considering that there were (rarely) 5, and sometimes none at all. Having occasionally 4 or 3 out of 10 is fine with me, but a 5 to 1 is a bit too wide of a range.
By the way I don't see a difference between weights 3 to 1 and 2 to 1 ratios.

I think this Events overview is a good idea, but with these columns overlapping and illogical heights, there are a bit confusing and hard to follow. What do you think about something like this on picture? The columns would be as wide as they last. For example, red represents blocks of songs, green is for advertisements, and yellow is for a show. They are as wide as their duration. Additionally, at the bottom where the time is, I would add dashes for every 10 minutes so that can roughly oriented in time (e.g., a slightly thicker dash for the 30 minutes).

Attachments

• 2023-11-24_204147.jpg
    2023-11-24_204147.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 53
The current version 7.0.0.1 32 bits is preventing the computer from going into hibernation, I have a program to go into hibernation at dawn and this version is blocking it, it is preventing normal functioning and there is no way to change this in the program . I'm using windows 10
identical problem here

Minor problem:
When importing a group of priority rules, if the editing is later canceled, the added rules remain

That combination doesn't work either. Ctrl+1, 2, 3, 4 is for Work zones?
It's on Num Pad (right part of the keyboard).

An isolated metadata structure can be provided (there is an issue with randomly writing a moment (the one at the time of change) of metadata entry consisting of multiple lines in the common metadata field).
Can you please provide more information about this?

An option for flawless conversion of characters in the TXT report read by the RDS encoder, specifically for the perfection of characters in the RDS-compatible converted character option (there could be an input field option for the user to specify the transformation of characters). These characters may not pose a problem for internet broadcasting, but they present an issue for RDS.
For this, a separate (second) nowplaying file needs to be created, where characters are converted. Another solution is (if you only need nowplaying file for RDS) is to use existing text conversion features - click Settings, Open Settings folder and see "textconversion-example.txt" file for the details.

Okay, I understand, so the ratio is not fixed, but it seems a bit too much of a difference for there to be sometimes 4 out of 10 songs, and sometimes just 1 (in weight 3-1). Especially considering that there were (rarely) 5, and sometimes none at all. Having occasionally 4 or 3 out of 10 is fine with me, but a 5 to 1 is a bit too wide of a range.
By the way I don't see a difference between weights 3 to 1 and 2 to 1 ratios.
This is how random weighted selection works. The only way to "fix" it, is to make program manually "fix" "wrong" results, but I doubt this is a good solution. If you choose more than 10 tracks, the distribution will be more even - closer to the weights you have defined.

For example, red represents blocks of songs, green is for advertisements, and yellow is for a show. They are as wide as their duration.
This is how it works now. Width represents the duration. Height is different to prevent overlapping (and to better see different events).

email sent with 4 or 5 files attached that i know 100% are not working in 7.0.0.1 or 7.0.0.2. and thanks for the 2nd part looking forward to seeing those improvements added
Did you send them from the same email you use on the forums? If so, it was not received, unfortunately. Can you please send them again?

identical problem here
This is by design, RadioBOSS is supposed to work unattended and prevent computer from sleeping.

I would like to see an option where an event can be created to Load M3U Playlist by Date Mask.so basically the event would automatically load the correct schedule for the hour it would be yyMMdd.HH.m3u example 231127.00.m3u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back