RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a possibility to loop the background music for microphone would be fantastic (see picture)
It should already be looped, we'll check what's wrong there.

Latest beta still not working on rules containing tags
Thank you this will be checked.

dot or comma depends on the regional configuration?
Because nothing indicates if an incorrect value is entered there
It must always be the dot, regardless of regional settings. If you enter incorrect value, it will show an error when creating a playlist (we'll check if this actually happens).

When importing a group of priority rules, if the editing is later canceled, the added rules remain
Yes, it's a limitation. Any changes to priority rules are applied immediately. This will be changed in one of the next updates.

This is how random weighted selection works. The only way to "fix" it, is to make program manually "fix" "wrong" results, but I doubt this is a good solution. If you choose more than 10 tracks, the distribution will be more even - closer to the weights you have defined.
Alright, I suppose when there are 30-40-50 songs, then using Weights selection is much more realistic, but for me (and I assume most radio stations), we have clock rotation, meaning the songs are organized by hour, which averages around 12-13-14 songs. So in that case, weights are not quite reliable.

An isolated metadata structure can be provided (there is an issue with randomly writing a moment (the one at the time of change) of metadata entry consisting of multiple lines in the common metadata field).

For instance, let's assume that we have arranged a structure in the common metadata field in this way. The nowplaying.txt file is updated only when the track changes. In this case, the weather information can remain constant in the nowplaying.txt file until the track changes.

Code:
%artist • %title
%album %year
%artist • %title 
%dd.%mm.%yyyy • %hh:%nn • İzmir %temp°C 💧%%humidity 🌬️%wind_speed_km km/sa

Attachments

• np.png
    np.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 35
For this, a separate (second) nowplaying file needs to be created, where characters are converted. Another solution is (if you only need nowplaying file for RDS) is to use existing text conversion features - click Settings, Open Settings folder and see "textconversion-example.txt" file for the details.

I tried this method, and some of the characters remained untranslated.

Attachments

• conver.png
    conver.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 55
  • textconversion.txt
    220 bytes · Views: 44
"Start earlier to make it end at Start Time"
I performed two tests. The first one was creating an event manually and selecting that option, and it worked perfectly.
For the second test, I took an existing Ad scheduled for a specific time and applied that option. In this second case, it didn't work;
an error appeared in the log at the moment it was supposed to run: "Unable to play, error code 2."
By the way, if I manually run that ads it works perfectly.

I use a third-party application that puts the PC into sleep mode at a specific time and also brings it back to normal working mode at a specific time. So RB just continues to work where it left off eg at midnight. On all previous versions it worked properly without any problems....now for some reason RB7 blocks the forced entry into sleep mode. I think you should compare the data from the earlier version 6.3.3.0 and this new 7 in that section, you might find something that leads to that condition. It is normal for RB to block the windows timer for sleep mode, but not for forced hibernation. When that application is not active and RB is running, the PC never goes into sleep mode or hibernation...and that is perfectly OK, but when it is active then RB should not be a problem. Greetings!

For me (Windows 10), the combination of left Ctrl and right Numpad doesn't work.
It works here on all test machines. Please note that Num Lock needs to be on.

Alright, I suppose when there are 30-40-50 songs, then using Weights selection is much more realistic, but for me (and I assume most radio stations), we have clock rotation, meaning the songs are organized by hour, which averages around 12-13-14 songs. So in that case, weights are not quite reliable.
If you create 24x1hour playlists in one go, maybe the result will be better.

For instance, let's assume that we have arranged a structure in the common metadata field in this way. The nowplaying.txt file is updated only when the track changes. In this case, the weather information can remain constant in the nowplaying.txt file until the track changes.
This is how it works now, the nowplaying is only changed when new track starts. What do you want to be changed here?
Usually one track plays for about 5 minutes, so it's not critical to update weather data while a track plays.

I tried this method, and some of the characters remained untranslated.
Please save the "textconversion.txt" file inb UTF8 with BOM encoding, it should fix the problem.

For the second test, I took an existing Ad scheduled for a specific time and applied that option. In this second case, it didn't work;
an error appeared in the log at the moment it was supposed to run: "Unable to play, error code 2."
By the way, if I manually run that ads it works perfectly.
Did you change anything else in that event, or only enabled this option? Please post a screenshot of this event, so we can try reproducing it here.
One more thing about this feature: determining duration of the playlist is much less reliable, I'd recommend using this "End at start time" feature for single tracks only.

Did you change anything else in that event, or only enabled this option? Please post a screenshot of this event, so we can try reproducing it here.
One more thing about this feature: determining duration of the playlist is much less reliable, I'd recommend using this "End at start time" feature for single tracks only.
I only wanted to run a test to observe its functionality, and I encountered that bug. Nonetheless, perhaps under certain circumstances we might need to use that option as long as it works correctly. I have attached a photo of the event

1701177906524.png

This is how it works now, the nowplaying is only changed when new track starts. What do you want to be changed here?
Usually one track plays for about 5 minutes, so it's not critical to update weather data while a track plays.

In a layout consisting of more than one line, we cannot adjust which line will be written there. While waiting for him to write the song name, he writes the weather forecast and stays that way for 5 minutes.

Please save the "textconversion.txt" file inb UTF8 with BOM encoding, it should fix the problem.

Thank you, this is solved.

This is correct, RadioBOSS is preventing the computer from sleeping (it requests the system to prevent automatic sleep) - so that you can leave it unattended and don't worry that your radio will stop because computer decided to sleep. This is controlled from Advanced Settings.

Thank you, we'll test it here with the same settings. However, it looks like that it works with a fresh MySQL installation - so if you need a fast solution, remove MySQL and install it again. Create a backup of your database before doing so, and import it back when you installed the new version.
THIS IS EXCELLENT. IT WAS WHAT I NEEDED....
This is correct, RadioBOSS is preventing the computer from sleeping (it requests the system to prevent automatic sleep) - so that you can leave it unattended and don't worry that your radio will stop because computer decided to sleep. This is controlled from Advanced Settings.

I only wanted to run a test to observe its functionality, and I encountered that bug. Nonetheless, perhaps under certain circumstances we might need to use that option as long as it works correctly. I have attached a photo of the event
If you use the "Start earlier" option, but have also set "Queue after playing track" the event will still actually wait for the playing track to end ("Start earlier" only modifies start time, all queuing and other options are still in effect).
Regarding the error message (from your earlier post) we'll check it.

In a layout consisting of more than one line, we cannot adjust which line will be written there. While waiting for him to write the song name, he writes the weather forecast and stays that way for 5 minutes.
It seems that updating weather forecast every 5 minutes is fine. Do you want to update it more often?

RadioBOSS 7.0.0.3 beta (11/29/2023)

Changes

• New tag fields (album artist, composer etc) added to Track Tool and the tag editor in Music Library
  • Tags window redesigned: added filter and improved editor
  • Crossfade option: limit Mix point to end before following track Intro ends (Advanced Settings)
  • Fixed: cart wall was not visible on the left zone when dark theme was used
  • Fixed: comment filter in playlist generator did not work properly
  • Fixed: Playlist Generator - editing priority rules made changes to the category even if Cancel button was pressed
  • Fixed: Playlist Generator - priority rules list save/load to a file
  • Fixed: Ads Scheduler - cell color configuration bug
  • Playlist Generator: improved priority rule window UI
Download
x86 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.3.exe (11/29/2023, 34MB)
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.3_x64.exe (11/29/2023, 38MB)

Tags window redesigned: added filter and improved editor
  • Fixed: Playlist Generator - editing priority rules made changes to the category even if Cancel button was pressed
  • Fixed: Playlist Generator - priority rules list save/load to a file
Great improvements for usability.
Remember a button to delete all priority rules together :D

Crossfade option: limit Mix point to end before following track Intro ends (Advanced Settings)
A first test and this is great! :cool:

It seems that updating weather forecast every 5 minutes is fine. Do you want to update it more often?
It's not about the weather, it's about any line being unselectable. Let me explain this with a different example. Let's assume we filled the meta data field as shown in the picture. "nowplaying.txt" is not clear which line it will be, it is written randomly. Since the lines in this area constantly change according to the duration, the piece writes whichever line is on the line at that moment during the change.
This text can be "line 1 > %artist", "line 3 > %year" it chooses this completely by chance. That's why I suggested there should be a separate privatization.

Attachments

• Ekran görüntüsü 2023-11-29 235102.png
    Ekran görüntüsü 2023-11-29 235102.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 41
Remember a button to delete all priority rules together :D
This will be in the next update.

A first test and this is great! :cool:
Indeed, maybe it should be moved out of Advanced Settings to somewhere more visible.

This text can be "line 1 > %artist", "line 3 > %year" it chooses this completely by chance. That's why I suggested there should be a separate privatization.
The selection (for streaming title, as in your screenshot) is not random, it uses them in order, 1->2->3->1->...
On each title update, it will use the next line from the list.

The selection (for streaming title, as in your screenshot) is not random, it uses them in order, 1->2->3->1->...
On each title update, it will use the next line from the list.
I know that it moves through the lines sequentially, but it is set with a time limit, it is not set to move as long as the piece changes. When you set it for 2 seconds, it travels continuously. If it comes across any moment during the track change, it writes it to the "nowplaying.txt" file. Because of this uncertainty, I stated that it was random. I can explain this better if I show a video example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back