RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please click Settings, Open Settings Folder, then open Logs and send us the databaselog.txt file for analysis? The latest betas had some extended logging added, maybe it'll provide some clues.

I still don't see how database/table contents can break the connection. Show errors, fail to retrieve data - yes, but losing the connection? Never seen this. Another problem is we were unable to reproduce it here, even with upgrading scenario (DB from RB v6, then installing newer MySQL and RadioBOSS v7, no error).
I think the deadlock logs refer to when we were rebuilding the database as our script tells it to do all of our librarlies (takes a bit of time to complete the first time). It's working now so the logs indicate that.

The connection references were due to a server restart.

The [FireDAC][Comp][Clnt]-505. Connection [FDConn: TFDConnection] must be active
is what comes up a lot when we were having the issue.

Attachments

• databaselog.txt
    286.6 KB · Views: 36
It just happened to me that I selected 3 themes and selected two effects in a row
Please send a screenshot of the Teaser configuration window.

But when I search outside the intro mark and then search again inside the mark, it disappears.
Yes, seeking outside of intro/outro will remove it -maybe in the future it will be improver further, but for now we'll keep it this way (there's a long queue of what needs to be done for this 7.0 release).

I think it's great. That is, if a profile is deleted by mistake, we simply create another one and replace the files. That's the idea, right?
This is how it works now, yes.

the pre-listening sound when editing the track is poor but good with 6.3.3.0
I don't no why
There were no changes in prelistening in this update. Where do you prelisten a track?

However I see benefit in the numbers for others (not so much for us), so perhaps an advanced setting for 'legacy' behaviour - we're happy to switch that on for our use case to revert back to checkboxes.
It'll be added as an option. We need to consider the default value also, maybe it should be the check boxes (they are also much faster to process) and numbers can be enabled by users who need them.

The recording command is set by the scheduler to save files in the format PROGRAM.mp3 but if the writing error occurs (because the file somehow becomes locked) it saves PROGRAM.mp3 with 0kb and PROGRAM%y%m%d_%t.mp3 (with full data). So when the scheduler tries to play the program back later, it cannot read either and fails.
I don't understand how this can happen. If you instruct it to save to
PROGRAM.mp3
- there's no way for it to append date or any other information. There's no code in RadioBOSS that will do so. Looks like you have two different "streamarchive" commands that conflict with each other.

Regarding the voicetracks, when is it necessary to use the identifier, such as VT? Your manual example shows "voicetracks" before the date. Where does this format get chosen so I don't have to enter it every time?
RadioBOSS marks voice tracks in cursive font. To be treated as a voicetrack, it needs to be either located in the voicetracks folder, or belong to a file type for which you enabled the "treat as a voice track" option.

I think the deadlock logs refer to when we were rebuilding the database as our script tells it to do all of our librarlies (takes a bit of time to complete the first time). It's working now so the logs indicate that.
There are also odd errors like
Code:
[2023-12-03 04:22:07] Table 'radioboss.library_0' doesn't exist (1146)
Looks like the database was modified outside of RadioBOSS.
Still, I don't see what we can do about this (connectivity issues) from RadioBOSS - it does all the typical stuff to connect and there's nothing else can be really done (we avoid all sorts of "workarounds" or using undocumented tricks, or anything like this, as it does more bad than good).

Can this be applied to South Slavic alphabets too? ž, đ, š, ć, č
Doesn't it work with them? If not, I don't think we can do anything about it - currently it uses Windows functions to normalize and compare strings, if they see ž and z as different letters, well I don't really see any solution.
By the way do you use SQLite or MySQL database? For SQLite RadioBOSS does string comparison, in case of MySQL it's performed by the database. So it may work differently.
I use SQLite. In the Search of Windows Explorer typing Ž or Z displays words containing both of these letters. But RB isn't.

I use SQLite. In the Search of Windows Explorer typing Ž or Z displays words containing both of these letters. But RB isn't.
Hi tomimatko, I did a test with my RB using Z and Ž, and work fine!.. did you change this value en advance options?

1702297003594.png

Then close RB and open it!

Hi tomimatko, I did a test with my RB using Z and Ž, and work fine!.. did you change this value en advance options?
I switched it to True, but it's not working. In Slavic languages, letters like ž, č, ć, etc. are not letters with added diacritical marks. They are separate letters. Z and Ž are different letters in the alphabet and have their own positions on the keyboard. Searching in Windows Explorer yields results for both letters, but unfortunately, the search in RB does not. Often, for compatibility reasons, we avoid letters with diacritical marks, so I have the same performer with different letters, for example, Čolić and Colic. It would be easier for us if when I type "Colic" in the search, it shows both variants. I thought it would be simple to make the search results include both types of letters.

There were no changes in prelistening in this update. Where do you prelisten a track?

It'll be added as an option. We need to consider the default value also, maybe it should be the check boxes (they are also much faster to process) and numbers can be enabled by users who need them.
Track Tool.

- there's no way for it to append date or any other information. There's no code in RadioBOSS that will do so. Looks like you have two different "streamarchive" commands that conflict with each other.

RadioBOSS marks voice tracks in cursive font. To be treated as a voicetrack, it needs to be either located in the voicetracks folder, or belong to a file type for which you enabled the "treat as a voice track" option.

Yes it can - if you start streamarchive from the red record button, it adopts the date format as selected in the settings. But I am not using that. The command is part of a multiple scheduler command as follows:
NEWS.m3u8|streamarchive z:\ARTSCAFE_RPT\ARTSCAFE_B.mp3|Z:\ARTSCAFE_MON_2.mp3

With rare exception, this plays the news playlist (intro, news, outro) then starts recording ARTSCAFE program live from the line input and then also plays a pre-recorded backup program (ARTSCAFE_MON_2.mp3) via the studio, just in case nobody turns up for the live program. Four hours later ARTSCAFE_B.mp3 is aired from the recording. All this works well most of the time.

If an error is encountered when streamarchive first starts, ARTSCAFE_B.mp3 throws an error in the log to say "Stream Recording: encoder exited with an error. Please check stream archive settings. Attempting to restart". At this point it records a file in the date format which is not recognised when RB tries to play it back later. There is no conflict with another streamarchive command that I can find. Strange eh?

By the way, this is really the only major glitch I have with RB. Everything else works flawlessly thanks to you!

typing Ž or Z displays words containing both of these letters. But RB isn't.
It does here, searching by either of those letters returns results containing any of those letters.

Čolić and Colic. It would be easier for us if when I type "Colic" in the search, it shows both variants
This, also, works here (searching by Colic returns both Čolić and Colic). I guess it depends on Windows version and/or installed updates. The tests were performed under Windows 11 with all updates installed. RadioBOSS uses an API provided by the system to search the strings, so loos like your Windows version is different and this works differently.

Track Tool.
This doesn't reproduce here, prelistening in Track Tool works here just fine, so currently we can't do anything about it.

Yes it can - if you start streamarchive from the red record button, it adopts the date format as selected in the settings. But I am not using that.
Correct, when you start from the UI, it uses file name as it's configured in the recording window. But when you use streamarchive command, it uses the file name you supply (except when you use streamarchive on - it's an equivalent of starting recording from the UI, and uses file name from there).

If an error is encountered when streamarchive first starts, ARTSCAFE_B.mp3 throws an error in the log to say "Stream Recording: encoder exited with an error. Please check stream archive settings. Attempting to restart". At this point it records a file in the date format which is not recognised when RB tries to play it back later. There is no conflict with another streamarchive command that I can find. Strange eh?
Indeed, I think there's a potential bug, when streamarchive command fails, it "forgets" the specified file name and uses the file name from the UI instead. If this is a bug, will be fixed in the next update.

Yes we do
This does not reproduce here, it starts playback only after the connection was actually made. A little notice here: if you have multiple encoders configured, it will start playback after any of the encoders is connected (not waiting for all of them).

More information is needed on this. Please open Settings, General, press Advanced Configuration... button, set the "Logging - Create teaser log" to True; restart RadioBOSS. Wait until this happens again and send us teaser log from settings folder (Logs subfolder) - you can open it using Settings->Open Settings Folder menu.

More information is needed on this. Please open Settings, General, press Advanced Configuration... button, set the "Logging - Create teaser log" to True; restart RadioBOSS. Wait until this happens again and send us teaser log from settings folder (Logs subfolder) - you can open it using Settings->Open Settings Folder menu.
_

Attachments

• teaser.rar
    4.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited by a moderator:
Considering it is a new feature, defaulting to checkboxes is probably the best option. If anyone saw it in the Beta and liked the behaviour they could switch over.

When the agent opens the browser, everything freezes and this even interferes with the transmission
RadioBOSS uses web browser control from the system, so I don't think we will be able to fix that, I'm sorry.

Considering it is a new feature, defaulting to checkboxes is probably the best option. If anyone saw it in the Beta and liked the behaviour they could switch over.
Yes, this is how it's actually implemented for this update. Checkboxes are faster also, so this is the default, and in settings one can enable numbers if those are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back