RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I tested the advanced option "Quick Jingles - Pressing the button for already playing jingle restart it". This feature works properly
1702893167454.png

But when one jingle is playing, we start another jingle and then they both play. The first one doesn't fade out. Of course option "Play only one jingle at time" is active

1702893775152.png

1702893874671.png

And one more suggestion. Could you please add some shortcut that would stop playing jingles from Quick jingle, unless the S shortcut that stops the playlist would stop everything that's playing in RadioBoss.

Last edited:
Me too 00D6EF1D read of address 000000FC. Thankyou for adjusting the streamarchive command!
I see you also added the option on the UI to ignore DSP while recording. Can this please also be added to the scheduler command instance as all our recordings of programs for delayed replay are automated...?

The first 2 things I've found are:
- Avast antivirus constantly stops any action to check the files for suspicious malware. After a minute, allows the action to run.
- The Spanish translation is not as accurate as the program deserves. I'm voice actor, proofreader and translator in Spanish and Catalan. I offer myself to help you in improving the translations for free.
I will be back with new issues and improvements I will find, as user.
Regards

Dmitry,

in your what's new? you wrote :
  • Advanced option: configure normalization algorithm (EBU R128 or peak)
How does it work ?
i don't see the choice anywhere in the software (except player, advanced parameters, peak, true)

But i have no choice in Music Library to peak normalize (or let's say -1 dB which would be my preferred choice for a 1 db headroom...)
I am sticked with LFUS normalization, no other choice...

Also :

We, as Streaming broadcasters usually don't play heavy rotations like FM Radio Stations where you generally have 400 tracks in database and Top 40 running in loop and played sometimes each 90 minutes...
We as Streaming broadcasters have often databases with more than 2500 tracks, (i even know some who have 10 000 + Tracks in their playlist and database !)
Could you extend the 9999 max parameters in category rotations ?
i am personally facing that problem, where not all my tracks are selected, when generating a Monthly Playlist because i am sticked to that 9999 minutes parameter...
IMO, that would be useful for all of us who consider playing a vast choice of tracks from their database...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

FRED

Dmitry,

in your what's new? you wrote :
  • Advanced option: configure normalization algorithm (EBU R128 or peak)
How does it work ?
i don't see the choice anywhere in the software (except player, advanced parameters, peak, true)

But i have no choice in Music Library to peak normalize (or let's say -1 dB which would be my preferred choice for a 1 db headroom...)
I am sticked with LFUS normalization, no other choice...

Also :

We, as Streaming broadcasters usually don't play heavy rotations like FM Radio Stations where you generally have 400 tracks in database and Top 40 running in loop and played sometimes each 90 minutes...
We as Streaming broadcasters have often databases with more than 2500 tracks, (i even know some who have 10 000 + Tracks in their playlist and database !)
i am personally facing that problem, where not all my tracks are selected, when generating a Monthly Playlist because i am sticked to that 9999 minutes parameter...
IMO, that would be useful for all of us who consider playing a vast choice of tracks from their database...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

FRED
I have 14.540 songs. Thanks fot letting me know. Wim Belgium

1702943480759.png

Can't move categories up and down with the up and down arrow in playlist generator (on the left)

Last edited:
No McAfee did NOT show any Warnings
The first time I installed RadioBOSS 7.0.0.6 I chose to close it automatically and nothing happened it diddnt close Mc Afee Framework Host automatically.
The second time I chose not to close the application, the setup continued with the result that the radioboss constantly opened and closed again.
I uninstalled Mc Afee completely, then installed RadioBOSS 7.0.0.6 over the broken installation and everything was back to normal.
Reinstalled Mc Afee and everything remained as it should be

View attachment 13656
Something similar happens to me but with Avast. Every time I did an update from 7.0 onwards, it detected RB as suspicious and analyzed it.
After the analysis was completed, no problem was found and the program worked normally.
Is there a way to avoid this situation when updating RB?
As a suggestion, perhaps you could contact popular antivirus programs to report this situation.

תודה!

מחיקת פרופיל לא אמורה למחוק נתונים כלשהם - זאת כדי למנוע אובדן נתונים בלתי צפוי.

תודה, זה ייבדק.

אנא כתוב באנגלית.​
פשוט נהדר
מאוד נהניתי מהתוכנה
קל לתפעול, צליל מעולה, שידור ללא הפרעות
אני רק רוצה להוסיף תרגום לעברית​

But when one jingle is playing, we start another jingle and then they both play. The first one doesn't fade out. Of course option "Play only one jingle at time" is active
We'll check if there's a bug.

And one more suggestion. Could you please add some shortcut that would stop playing jingles from Quick jingle, unless the S shortcut that stops the playlist would stop everything that's playing in RadioBoss.
I'll add it to our to-do list for now.

I see you also added the option on the UI to ignore DSP while recording. Can this please also be added to the scheduler command instance as all our recordings of programs for delayed replay are automated...?
It will record according to the configuration set from Stream Archive window - Settings. If you enabled "Record w/o DSP" option there, DSP will also not be applied when recording started using the streamarchive command.

- Avast antivirus constantly stops any action to check the files for suspicious malware. After a minute, allows the action to run.
This is better be addressed to Avast support, we don't have any control over what their software is doing. Maybe you can add RadioBOSS to some sort of Exclusion list to prevent Avast from interfering.

- The Spanish translation is not as accurate as the program deserves. I'm voice actor, proofreader and translator in Spanish and Catalan. I offer myself to help you in improving the translations for free.
That would be great! The language files are located in the RadioBOSS installation folder, Lang\Es subfolder, those are basic text files.
As far as I know, Spanish language is a bit different depending on the region - currently RadioBOSS is mostly in Latin American style (we have lots of users from there), are there big difference with EU Spanish?

Yes, correct, it's configured there. Once set, this configuration will be used when you call Normalization from any place, including Music Library.

Can you please specify where this 9999 limitation is? Playlist Generator (and all other places in RadioBOSS) do not limit the number of tracks you can choose from.

This is odd, as FLAC supports those additional fields. Can you please send one of the FLAC files for which it's unable to save this info to support@djsoft.net?

Regarding progress bar, if playback position is also hidden, there will be no indication at all where the track is played. Doesn't seem very useful.

There are colors that repeat in a similar way.
The color list is a standard one, I'm not sure why "grey" and "gray" are both included there. Maybe in the future we'll change the color selection controls to something better.

Regarding font style issue - we'll check why those do not work, thank you.

Can't move categories up and down with the up and down arrow in playlist generator (on the left)
The list actually contains two lists: global and preset-specific categories, separated by a horizontal line. Category can't be moved between global and non-global parts.

Something similar happens to me but with Avast. Every time I did an update from 7.0 onwards, it detected RB as suspicious and analyzed it.
After the analysis was completed, no problem was found and the program worked normally.
Is there a way to avoid this situation when updating RB?
As a suggestion, perhaps you could contact popular antivirus programs to report this situation.
We can only report false detections, but as it finally decided that there's nothing found, there's no false detection and therefore there's nothing to report to them.
Difference between 6.3 and 7.0 is compiler version. Maybe as this new compiler becomes more popular, the amount of "suspicions" will lower as AVs become more familiar with it.

פשוט נהדר
מאוד נהניתי מהתוכנה
קל לתפעול, צליל מעולה, שידור ללא הפרעות
אשמח רק אם תוסיפו תרגום לעברית​

The new beta is really nice.
The schedular seems to be working with the latest version in 7-0 beta. All be with a partial solution.

I got my playlist added to the main player window and they played sound initially together but there was DSP voice corruption of the voice sound which I thought we had solved. However, my file types did not have remove from DSP.

However, something strange is happening. It leaves the play list files in the play list I there no option to disable these once they have played appearing in the playlist. I presume some people want this, but it does also have merit to be removed.

Also, it's now again not playing the schedular at all when 'shuffle toggle' is used. It seems to only work when its playing consecutive songs. I think this is what is happening.

The new Settings >> playback Filetypes. do not Apply to DSP are great this did solve the DSP problem above on file types. and is a great edition.

The two sound clips I have in my schedular have seem to be overlaying with no track presence.

Also, I added shuffle button to the main playlist and the schedular failed to play. This might be because I forced the next song change by doing this and the schedular had already put these scheduled files in playlist. There also seems to be a problem if this is activated just before the end of the current song. I hope this helps. I will look at a bit more in a few days.

Happy Christmas Dmitri

Dmitri

OK had a further look this version looks very nice lots of new working features. You have done some much work for us. Much appreciation for your efforts! some of these new things are fantastic and its making a brilliant product. I think the schedule is only in error when you load a play list not a mp3 then it goes haywire. It's not putting in the voice overs in the Coming up Next if on Shuffle with a playlist here is my screen if it's on Shuffle and it's a playlist like below. It would be nice to have these just in log but has another use to enter a new playlist which is great, but these will Clogg up playlist quickly can we have a disable from playlist on the scheduler window and are represented in the log. I can't see anything I have done wrong but am getting the two mp3/wav overlayed.

type C:\My Music\2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:2,DJ Denise - Are you all Ok
Voice Jingles\Are you all ok.wav
#EXTINF:3,DJ Denise - bring your friends to this beautiful club2
Voice Jingles\bring friends to this beautiful club2.wav

8995ae57b39535767308a0aaa39ad1b2.png

Did I understand you are exporting base64 in the XML file. This is awesome if it is as it will eliminate some website processing headroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back