RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Happy new year.

I would like to propose an improvement to the File Types menu. Add a default cover entry for each type of file, so that when this field is activated the default cover will replace the one the file has or the file does not have.

Kind regards.
I think it is interesting to automate, for example if we upload an audio file (which already arrives normalized with replay gain) to a folder that we have categorized, then the cover would automatically appear at the time of playback, to upload it for example to ftp from the radio website.

If I change the API port, RadioBOSS only releases the old port after a restart, is this known?
I also get a "Remote Control error: Could not bind socket" after a certain time.

I would like to propose an improvement to the File Types menu. Add a default cover entry for each type of file, so that when this field is activated the default cover will replace the one the file has or the file does not have.
There is a default cover that you can configure in the Reports section - what is the purpose of having a separate default cover for file types?

If a file type is based on folder (and/or most of the tracks of that file type are in one/few folders) you can add a file named folder.jpg or cover.jpg to that folder, and RadioBOSS will use it when there's no artwork embedded in the tags.

I think it is interesting to automate, for example if we upload an audio file (which already arrives normalized with replay gain) to a folder that we have categorized, then the cover would automatically appear at the time of playback, to upload it for example to ftp from the radio website.
This is possible, please see my reply above about folder-specific artworks.

If I change the API port, RadioBOSS only releases the old port after a restart, is this known?
I also get a "Remote Control error: Could not bind socket" after a certain time.
Thank you for letting us know, we'll check it.

There is a default cover that you can configure in the Reports section - what is the purpose of having a separate default cover for file types?

If a file type is based on folder (and/or most of the tracks of that file type are in one/few folders) you can add a file named folder.jpg or cover.jpg to that folder, and RadioBOSS will use it when there's no artwork embedded in the tags.

What I am trying to do is that in the broadcast of the next event coming from the streaming input of a program from another radio, a personalized title appears first and a personalized cover is also displayed.

In this example the title is Sport News (done), the audio is increased by +6 dB (done with File Types) and now we just need to be able to include a personalized cover for this program (I don't know if this field is missing or if I don't I know how to configure). Thank you. Kind regards.

1704496007429.png

1704496111167.png

In this example the title is Sport News (done), the audio is increased by +6 dB (done with File Types) and now we just need to be able to include a personalized cover for this program (I don't know if this field is missing or if I don't I know how to configure). Thank you. Kind regards.
Currently this wouldn't be possible, I'm sorry - it will use a default cover art for that.
One thing you can do - RadioBOSS stores the default artwork in <settings folder>\nocover.png - you can run a script to substitute this file to some other file (the one you need for the show), this needs to be done before the event starts (or be a first action in the event).

For the future versions, I think we'll add cover art option for file types.

I tried to add a name to a "file type" and have that name appear in the playlist, but it is not possible.
I would like to include the ability to add a custom title that appears in the playlist.

File type "Music"example:
Before:
Haddaway - Life
Tom Jones - Kiss

After
Music 90
Music 90

There were no changes in this area between those two versions. Can you please provide more information on the steps to reproduce it?
Solved. In the new version I had a folder location allocated for all test files in my D drive. When I removed this, individual file types could again be added. There is no bug!

RadioBOSS 7.0.0.8 beta (1/7/2024)

Changes

• Cart wall: Caps Lock can be used as a hot key modifier to start cart wall items by pressing CapsLock+Key combination
  • Playlist Generator: added search (Ctrl+F) in the Load Preset window
  • getfile command: added /move option to move file to a set folder after playback
  • Quick Jingles: pressing the "minus" key stops all playing jingles
  • Tag editor: new fields (album artist, copyright, etc) can be edited for MP3 and other file types
  • Style option: set selection style for secondary lists (events, log, search)
  • Ads Scheduler instances can be named (configured in the Settings window)
  • Web browser: protocol is auto appended when address is entered without it
  • Track Tool: extended Zoom range
  • Fixed: nowplaying/last played/next track font style was not applied
  • Minor UI improvements and bugs fixed
Download
x86 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.8.exe (1/1/2024, 34MB)
x64 https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_7.0.0.8_x64.exe (1/7/2024, 38MB)

I tried to add a name to a "file type" and have that name appear in the playlist, but it is not possible.
I would like to include the ability to add a custom title that appears in the playlist.
You can set custom broadcasting title for a file type, and in the playlist, use the "Broadcast title" column (instead/together with the default Track Title column).

Voice Track is aligned to the "right" that is, if it's shorter than Outro+Intro, it will end when second track's intro ends. It works like this for many years, old versions had options to change it to play VT when Outro starts, but it was removed and currently we do not plan on returning it (for technical reasons) I'm sorry.
OK, I think it would be useful to set an option for those of us who work like that, to set the option for the voicetrack to start at the same time as the track. We would be grateful if you would allow us to do so.

OK, I think it would be useful to set an option for those of us who work like that, to set the option for the voicetrack to start at the same time as the track. We would be grateful if you would allow us to do so.
We'll consider that, but most users want voice track to end when the Intro ends, it sounds better in most cases.

Thanks you for adding the new "start earlier" option in the scheduler in v7.0.0.8 beta - this is a great feature! However, wouldn't it make sense to grey out the insert position options as these now appear to be over-ridden by this option. Its a little confusing at present...

I have identified a new issue. If you right, click a song and add it to quick play list this adds a number next to it in sequence. You can add quite a few songs to play in order of this playlist within any playlist, however. If you press the stop on the bottom tools it stops after the current track and terminates the end of the play list. Is this how it should function? As I expected it to stop at the end of the last item in the quick playlist

Can we also choose what gets put into the playlist n defaults as the playlists up to this new version was getting messy? with items left in the main playlist which was represented in the log

Thanks you for adding the new "start earlier" option in the scheduler in v7.0.0.8 beta - this is a great feature! However, wouldn't it make sense to grey out the insert position options as these now appear to be over-ridden by this option. Its a little confusing at present...
This option does not override the Insert Position, it only modifies the Start Time, but once the event starts, it will be inserted considering all the options, including the Insert Position.

If you press the stop on the bottom tools it stops after the current track and terminates the end of the play list
I'm not sure if I understood what the problem is. When you use the Playback Queue it only changes the order in which a track plays. The playback control buttons (Stop etc) function is not changed.

Djsoft you asked for the link to the problems with the shedular
Can you please specify what is the problem there?

Can we also choose what gets put into the playlist n defaults as the playlists up to this new version was getting messy? with items left in the main playlist which was represented in the log
Can you please provide more information on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back