RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any new visibility on the release date of version 7 of RadioBoss ?
It's pretty good in its present state - you can fairly safely use it in production. No critical bugs are known now. Release will be a bit later, it will take at least 1-2 months.

Could you explain what is the use of the Instance name in ads scheduler?
It's for cases when you have multiple RadioBOSS'es installed on a single computer, and have multiple Ads Schedulers running, so you can easily understand for what RadioBOSS installation is the Ads Scheduler.

Hello. I tested the advanced option "Quick Jingles - Pressing the button for already playing jingle restart it". This feature works properly
View attachment 13662
But when one jingle is playing, we start another jingle and then they both play. The first one doesn't fade out. Of course option "Play only one jingle at time" is active

View attachment 13663

View attachment 13664
And one more suggestion. Could you please add some shortcut that would stop playing jingles from Quick jingle, unless the S shortcut that stops the playlist would stop everything that's playing in RadioBoss.
Hello. I tested "Quick Jingles" and now it works like this: one jingle plays and when we want to play the same one again, unfortunately it stops playing. What I wanted was to be able to play the same jingle assigned to the same key. During the news, we play a jingle combined with the backing track from key 1, which is 4 minutes long. When reading the news, at the transition from one topic to another, we play the same jingle - key 1. This means that it should mute the previous player and play the same jingle from the beginning. Will this functionality be included in the near future?
The option to stop jingles with the minus key works great. The idea of an additional CapsLock shortcut option for Carts is also a good idea and it works.

Thanks you for adding the new "start earlier" option in the scheduler in v7.0.0.8 beta - this is a great feature! However, wouldn't it make sense to grey out the insert position options as these now appear to be over-ridden by this option. Its a little confusing at present...
OK I see how it would start and interrupt the current track when “run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish” is selected. What is meant to happen when it is not selected?

What I wanted was to be able to play the same jingle assigned to the same key.
For this, in the jingles configuration window, you need to disable the "Play only one jingle at a time" option.

This means that it should mute the previous player and play the same jingle from the beginning.
This is possible, please open Settings, General, press Advanced configuration button, and set "Quick Jingles - restart on key press" to "True".

OK I see how it would start and interrupt the current track when “run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish” is selected. What is meant to happen when it is not selected?
It will be queued after the playing track, or scheduled tracks - depends on how the other options are configured.

In the Playlist Generator, maybe it's better for the Global category not to be enabled by default? I think it's better if it's not enabled by default, so if such an option is needed, then you can enable it. Now it's enabled, and if I'm not careful, it keeps creating the Global category automatically, causing confusion.

One bug in the Playlist Generator. I'm using the option to play files in order from the same folder. I am using the 'In order' option with start positions set to 1, 2, 3, etc. In RB 6330, it's working fine, playing in the correct order. However, in version 7, it only plays file number 1 in all positions.

Attachments

• 2024-01-09_184338.jpg
    2024-01-09_184338.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 36
Good evening, it is possible to add the zone time change customization in hours, minutes and seconds

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 46
When I schedule a weather update it throws an error:
Weather (tomorrow) update error: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

But then it updates the weather data for today anyway...

Is it possible to add a feature in the "Scheduler wizard" > "Download a file or podcast" that allows downloading only the newest file from a remote directory?

In the Playlist Generator, maybe it's better for the Global category not to be enabled by default? I think it's better if it's not enabled by default, so if such an option is needed, then you can enable it. Now it's enabled, and if I'm not careful, it keeps creating the Global category automatically, causing confusion.
Global by default makes more sense. Categories are becoming more complex, so it's logical to have them configured once and be used in multiple presets.

One bug in the Playlist Generator. I'm using the option to play files in order from the same folder. I am using the 'In order' option with start positions set to 1, 2, 3, etc. In RB 6330, it's working fine, playing in the correct order. However, in version 7, it only plays file number 1 in all positions.
Do you mean it always selects the first track each time a category is used in the playlist, or it starts with 1st track when you create a playlist and the goes from there?

Good evening, it is possible to add the zone time change customization in hours, minutes and seconds
Time zone is never set with seconds. What is the purpose of that?

I support this idea.
It is useful to compensate for streaming delay for example.
It looks like not a timezone then, but more like time correction.

But then it updates the weather data for today anyway...
The error is only about tomorrow's weather, so today's weather is OK. The reason could be that you update the weather too often, and request for tomorrow is declined because of that.

Is it possible to add a feature in the "Scheduler wizard" > "Download a file or podcast" that allows downloading only the newest file from a remote directory?
It can't gather the information about directory contents. Theoretically it can work for FTP but this will require specifying username/password and also it's a lot different thing that a simple download like it is now.

I try but it doesn't work.
Can you please specify what is not working?

Do you mean it always selects the first track each time a category is used in the playlist, or it starts with 1st track when you create a playlist and the goes from there?
Always select the first track

Global by default makes more sense. Categories are becoming more complex, so it's logical to have them configured once and be used in multiple presets.

Time zone is never set with seconds. What is the purpose of that?

It looks like not a timezone then, but more like time correction.
Good morning, to make up for the thirty seconds of delay, because we transfer the audio signal to the streaming transmission station. The time signal is often wrong.

Hello everyone
I noticed that the German text is sometimes not completely displayed. Sometimes they are written on top of each other would be nice if that is also being fixed. Thanks! You can't see anything about the hotkeys.
Thanks
Kind regards
DJ CEE TEE

Attachments

• radioboss_qTy2G7oxdJ.png
    radioboss_qTy2G7oxdJ.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
  • radioboss_QOjADz1C4M.png
    radioboss_QOjADz1C4M.png
    50 KB · Views: 40
  • radioboss_ekAyyD1hXR.png
    radioboss_ekAyyD1hXR.png