RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RadioBOSS Cloud 0.2.4 alpha
  • Encoder configurartion: separate fields for server address, port, mount point/sid
  • Added repeat number limit to scheduled events
  • Scheduled events time should show in user locale format instead of US English format
  • Fixed: Twitter integration sometimes failed when custom text was used
  • Fixed: TuneIn integration sometimes did not work
  • Fixed: data transfer counter was not reset for some accounts

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS Cloud 0.2.4 alpha
  • Encoder configurartion: separate fields for server address, port, mount point/sid
  • Added repeat number limit to scheduled events
  • Scheduled events time should show in user locale format instead of US English format
  • Fixed: Twitter integration sometimes failed when custom text was used
  • Fixed: TuneIn integration sometimes did not work
  • Fixed: data transfer counter was not reset for some accounts

So on the repeat number limits to scheduled events
If I set to 0.00am and repeat 18 times it should stop and not carry on after
Say 6pm

But carry back on at 0.00 am the next day is this correct

Cheers

wireradio said:
If I set to 0.00am and repeat 18 times it should stop and not carry on after
Say 6pm
It depends on the repeat period. If event is repeated every 30 minutes, starting at 0.00am, the last repeat for this day will be at 8.30am. The following day it will again start repeating at 0.00am, ending at 8.30am and so on.
The next version will perform this calculation and show it in the event window to make things easier.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.2.5 alpha
  • Update music library button added to Settings - to update track information when encoding for non-unicode tags was changed
  • Additional encoders: add new mount points to internal server
  • Improved additional encoder status display, in case of error shows the reason why connection can not be made
  • Improved event repeat UI

Adding an encoder using the internal server feature seems a little tricky at the moment. I was getting an error saying "Please enter server name". Switching the server type from internal to icecast, entering my cloud server name, then switching back to internal server solved the problem.

The allowed source connections on my internal server are to low, because when adding an encoder to the internal server I'm no longer able to connect to the /live mountpoint.

Steffen

Steffen Schultz said:
Adding an encoder using the internal server feature seems a little tricky at the moment. I was getting an error saying "Please enter server name". Switching the server type from internal to icecast, entering my cloud server name, then switching back to internal server solved the problem.
This appears to be a bug - thank you for the information, will be fixed in the next update.

Steffen Schultz said:
The allowed source connections on my internal server are to low, because when adding an encoder to the internal server I'm no longer able to connect to the /live mountpoint.
Yes, this is the issue with some accounts, please open System category and click the "Restart Server" button - it should fix the /live mount point bug.

David Heuer said:
If I want to insert a URL as an event I get the message "PathInvalid!". Is this a bug in the current version?
Yes, it appears to be a bug - will be fixed in the next update, thank you.

djsoft said:
David Heuer said:
If I want to insert a URL as an event I get the message "PathInvalid!". Is this a bug in the current version?
Yes, it appears to be a bug - will be fixed in the next update, thank you.

Tell this to my listeners who missed out on the chart show today
Will it be working soon our news and chart comes from URL

Cheers

I'm just trying out the new event repeat options. Currently I have a daily rotation between 6  am and 7 pm. Each hour starts with an time announcement opener, followed by a general playlist. So I put every opener between 6 am and 7 pm in a folder and tell the event to select a tracklist of these files in order, repeating every 60 minutes and no more than 14 times. In theory this should allow the event to restart the folder with the 14 files in it every day with the 6 am opener.

I'm wondering now what happens if I temporarily disable the event for special programming, e.g. between 10 am and 7 pm, and re-enable it for the next day. Will the scheduler restart the tracklist from the first file or does it play the next file from where it has stopped? If the latter is the case, is there a way to reset the tracklist without manually rotating it on the air?

Steffen

wireradio said:
Tell this to my listeners who missed out on the chart show today
Will it be working soon our news and chart comes from URL
I'm sorry for that, but things like this happen in alpha version. Today an update will be released to fix this bug.

Steffen Schultz said:
I'm wondering now what happens if I temporarily disable the event for special programming, e.g. between 10 am and 7 pm, and re-enable it for the next day. Will the scheduler restart the tracklist from the first file or does it play the next file from where it has stopped? If the latter is the case, is there a way to reset the tracklist without manually rotating it on the air?
It will continue from where it left off. We'll add other means to schedule tracks that are tied to time - a feature similar to file name templates in RadioBOSS's scheduler: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

djsoft said:
David Heuer said:
I've just tested that with the external server. Unfortunately, only the AudioDJ will be transferred. will you be able to stream live broadcasts to external stations in the future?
Yes, it will. Currently we work on this, I think in a week or two this will be improved.

Will it finally be possible this week to broadcast live broadcasts to external servers?

When I use Radioboss software on the PC to broadcast to the Radioboss Cloud using the "live" mount point, the Radioboss Cloud encoder continues to work on songs that are on the cloud server. This is normal?

David Heuer said:
Will it finally be possible this week to broadcast live broadcasts to external servers?
The feature is ready and currently undergoing internal testing. If not this week, the next week it'll be available for sure.

Wheslley said:
When I use Radioboss software on the PC to broadcast to the Radioboss Cloud using the "live" mount point, the Radioboss Cloud encoder continues to work on songs that are on the cloud server. This is normal?
Yes, this is normal - AutoDJ continues to work always (unless explicitly stopped using the Stop button), so that when you disconnect from /live mount point, it'll immediately switch to AutoDJ. It also ensures that all events are launched in proper order.

Wheslley said:
In the future the encoder could be stopped with "Play and Stop" buttons, it would be essential.
Can you please provide more information?

In the future the encoder could be stopped with "Play and Stop" buttons, it would be essential.
Can you please provide more information?

Attachments

• 0123.JPG
    0123.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 322
Wheslley said:
Currently you can enable/disable encoders - click the Edit button, and uncheck the Enabled option at the top. After you click OK, encoder will be stopped. In the future we'll add a more convenient way to enable/disable encoders.

jordelquino said:
The service was updated, lots of internal changes have been made so there was a downtime of about two minutes. It should work fine now - if not, please tell your account username to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back