RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg dimitry

Changing the playlist is way easier on the RB cloud saves so much time then radio boss
But I need to send my play counts and songs into record label to show I?m playing there songs
Can you put a log so we can get playcounts of songs and stuff
That really is a must for any pro radio station can?t switch over fully till that?s in place.

Cheers

Something is missing from the "Overview" Page. It would be nice to show the current time, perhaps centered just over the mint green "Now playing" box. A tad larger font would make it more visible. :eek:

wireradio said:
Can you put a log so we can get playcounts of songs and stuff
The "Log" section purpose is to overview how it works, to see if there are any errors, that events start when they are supposed to etc.
The reporting you request will be added as a separate feature in the future (early 2018 I think) - it'll offer CSV and PDF reports for given periods of time including the selected fields.

Terry said:
It would be nice to show the current time, perhaps centered just over the mint green "Now playing" box. A tad larger font would make it more visible.
This was considered, but I'm not sure if it adds any value - when you use it from PC or Mac or even mobile phone, the clock is already provided by the OS and it's always visible (unless your web browser is full screen).

i'm curious, and i love you. two reasons to try.

but i have 100+ mega upload for 18?/month with my internet provider, and i stream in 320k. cloud based solitions are very expensives, and uses 320k like a very luxuous thing.

so because of that, the lifetime discount is very attractive, but i still hope it will not be more expensive to use cloud based than my offline solution (maybe 35 or 40 ? for 100m is still reasonnable taxes included)

i will write you 378 pages of features requests, i warn you.

so i start my webradio, and your start your new service at the same time. hope for us a long love story ^^

edit : ability to broadcast in mono could be great to save bandwith
(in mp3 160k mono is much more clear than 160k stereo)

hello , should be very great supper idea with this ,
for the moment im using Centovacast .
so my question is :
do you have to use also shoutcast and icecast? like centovacast ? who is managing this servers?
do you have to link it together shoutcast and icecast?

www.housestationlive.com said:
edit : ability to broadcast in mono could be great to save bandwith
(in mp3 160k mono is much more clear than 160k stereo)
Mono is useful when broadcasting at low bitrates like 32kbps or less. It's practically useless at bitrates larger than 128 kbps, especially when AAC is used. The stereo/mono switch will be added in one of the future updates.

cloud based solitions are very expensives, and uses 320k like a very luxuous thing.
Depends on how many listeners you have. We charge for the amount of data transferred - in this case, comparing the same amount of listeners, 320kbps stream will be about 2.5 times more expensive than 128 kbps stream.

i will write you 378 pages of features requests, i warn you.
That's perfectly fine here - we're open to suggestions :)

Daniel Marku said:
do you have to use also shoutcast and icecast? like centovacast ? who is managing this servers?
Currently we only offer Icecast server. Shoutcast is harder to manage as the service is controlled by Radionomy, public listing requires registration on Radionomy web site.

Shoutcast will be supported as a secondary server type. At first, we'll offer relaying option: enter your own Shoutcast server details and RadioBOSS Cloud will send the stream to it. Then it'll offer internal Shoutcast server instance, while still having Icecast as main server.

I can't find a way to remove something from the playlist in the Overview. It was some songs on the scheduler that I took off, but it won't remove them from the playlist. I restarted the player, restarted the server, I even deleted those songs from File Manager and Playlists, but it keeps them on the playlist in Overview and continues to keep trying to play them (and getting errors). Help! How do I get them off?

Here's a Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/17f58eb8588b8bc3982fa663f0d13851

Elysa said:
I can't find a way to remove something from the playlist in the Overview
This playlist is currently read-only. You can change its contents from the Media section - load another playlist using the "To playlist" button. Or it can be changed if a scheduled event starts.

quick suggestions (i will provide more feedback later) some are inspired from software version of hugo boss manager

- different crossfade settings according to show / time of the day (for some shows jingle / track / jingle / track is better than crossfade mixed music)
- choosing beetwin icecast / shoucast v1 / shoutcast v2 (my website is optimised for shoucast v1 to display tracks in homepage)
- custom display stream name with multiple lines : 100 lines of 100 characters, and set rotate to 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 or 60 seconds (for announces, advertises, etc)*
- embed custom informations on strem name (time, listeners, dj, show, ...)
- allow custom comment for track and display it through stream name (exemple : music rated five stars)
- getting the 60 upcoming trackname (or next 4 hours) with prevision of time, and a script to share theses information on website
- ablility to upload tracks directly from filezilla
- choosing custom url name and/or hide the radio public page (if stream is not free to listen, per example)

probably most of theses request aren't essentials, but i'm the maniac guy who cares about little details ^^

*i already sell text space and stream name seems the only place to show text message on webradio (dab stations have sofisticated interfaces where they can put lot of various informations. yeah, i'm jealous !). showing it on my website is actualy the only way i can do but it's not very relevant. you can check this link : hsl.ecwid.com/FunText-600-Signs-5-000-Views-p96816298

ps bonus request : making an app for "android auto" with all the radios you host for pionneer, parrot and other caraudio retailers (+ "android tv" for lg, xbox and others partners who can increase our audience). it's easy to create an iphone/android app, but very hard to get published on caraudio or tv, even if it's where it's relevant to listen radio today. but together we are stronger and you can negociate for us if you host enough quality radios on your solution, like radioking does ;-)

edit : i have a folder with acapela jingles i insert on music.  offline i created scheduled tasks to play theses jingles. one great thing would be the ability to schedule acapela jingles without interupting music, and, if possible, decreasing the volume (if wanted, as an option) when it's played. it can save me hundred hours of work and improve programs quality.

djsoft said:
Elysa said:
I can't find a way to remove something from the playlist in the Overview
This playlist is currently read-only. You can change its contents from the Media section - load another playlist using the "To playlist" button. Or it can be changed if a scheduled event starts.

Oh, that works, thank you!

different crossfade settings according to show / time of the day (for some shows jingle / track / jingle / track is better than crossfade mixed music)
This is already possible using the File Types feature. You can set custom crossfade settings for jingles, adverts etc.

choosing beetwin icecast / shoucast v1 / shoutcast v2 (my website is optimised for shoucast v1 to display tracks in homepage)
Shoutcast doesn't offer features we need for RadioBOSS Cloud to operate. It also requires Radionomy registration and we don't like that requirement for our service.

custom display stream name with multiple lines : 100 lines of 100 characters, and set rotate to 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 or 60 seconds (for announces, advertises, etc)*- embed custom informations on strem name (time, listeners, dj, show, ...)
- allow custom comment for track and display it through stream name (exemple : music rated five stars)
This will be added in one of the future updates, it'll allow to set custom title format.

- getting the 60 upcoming trackname (or next 4 hours) with prevision of time, and a script to share theses information on website
If the rotation is based on Track List (as suggested in the Quick Start guide) then it's not possible, as Track List evaluates the next track only.

- ablility to upload tracks directly from filezilla
We'd like to avoid FTP option for now as it causes lots of support requests (based on our experience with Centovacast). Do you experience any problems with uploading using web UI?

choosing custom url name and/or hide the radio public page (if stream is not free to listen, per example)
Do you mean Icecast page or auto-generated page that RB Cloud offers? If the latter, you can effectively turn that off if you remove page contents from settings.

I think a nice feature would be to have the next scheduled event and time showing on the "Overview" page. Currently "Now playing" in showing up in 3 different places on the "Overview Page". :eek:

Can you tell me if the RadioBoss Cloud platform already allows me to send the metadata to TuneIn Radio, since I am broadcasting live and the metades are appearing in TueneIn Radio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171223-220904.png
    Screenshot_20171223-220904.png
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_20171223-220930.png
    Screenshot_20171223-220930.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 420
Terry said:
I think a nice feature would be to have the next scheduled event and time showing on the "Overview" page. Currently "Now playing" in showing up in 3 different places on the "Overview Page".
Upcoming scheduled events will be added to the Overview section in one of the next updates - the feature is currently under development.

anthonydejesus03 said:
Can you tell me if the RadioBoss Cloud platform already allows me to send the metadata to TuneIn Radio, since I am broadcasting live and the metades are appearing in TueneIn Radio.
RadioBOSS does not send titles to TuneIn using TuneIn API currently (but that's planned for the future updates). In your case, it appears that TuneIn reads track title from the streaming server.

My RadioBoss Cloud is down... in the Overview, player shows RPC ERROR 503
When I went to System, both showed RPC CALL FAILED [SMGR] and when I tried to restart them I got a popup window that said Failed Error: Service Unavailable.

Anyone else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back