RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dmitry - Please clarify how to feed a live icecast feed into the RadioBOSS Cloud as the pass through with the Cloud Acting as the backup for the Live Feed. Kind of a failure backup so to say. 

Live Stream ----->  Passes Through the RadioBOSS CLOUD --------------> direct to Icecast or Shoutcast to the rest of the listening public instead of the Cloud Feed. UPON Live Feed FAILURE The RadioBossCloud take over automatically.

Doug Sinclair said:
Live Stream ----->   Passes Through the RadioBOSS CLOUD --------------> direct to Icecast or Shoutcast to the rest of the listening public instead of the Cloud Feed. UPON Live Feed FAILURE The RadioBossCloud take over automatically.
This is what it does :) As a bonus, switching from live to autodj and back is performed with a short crossfade, to make it smooth.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.2.8 alpha

Changes
  • Improved Information section
  • Fixed bug when /live relay was registere as listener
  • Fixed bug: sometimes incorrect title was displayed with active live streaming
  • Internal improvements

You are in conflict sending the title of the song to the tunein when I am live. With Twitter all right but with Tunein simply to show the Artist and Title.

I have an error in the notification of listeners, I have the radioboss 5.1.0.7 and before I marked the listeners in real time but now it does not pass one even if I have 3 listeners look at the test.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 324
Sometimes the Recent Tracks are not displayed correctly, only the audio DJs are shown but not the ones that were played live. Also, "Tune In Links" and "Stream Page" will not show any codes.

Wheslley said:
You are in conflict sending the title of the song to the tunein when I am live. With Twitter all right but with Tunein simply to show the Artist and Title.
Currently it will continue sending track titles to TuneIn and Twitter when live broadcasting is active. We'll add a configuration option to disable it (so that you can send those updates from your broadcasting software). There's also a bug when sometimes it sends incorrect titles to TuneIn when relay is active - it will be fixed in one of the next updates.

anthonydejesus03 said:
I have an error in the notification of listeners, I have the radioboss 5.1.0.7 and before I marked the listeners in real time but now it does not pass one even if I have 3 listeners look at the test.
This is because live streaming is handled as relay, so it will only show one listener always - this "listener" is actually the software that relays the stream to real listeners. In order to retrieve proper listener numbers, please configure statistic relay in RadioBOSS: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/statistic-relays.htm - select server type Icecast, enter server address, port and password from Information tab in RadioBOSS Cloud and specify mount point: /stream

David Heuer said:
Sometimes the Recent Tracks are not displayed correctly, only the audio DJs are shown but not the ones that were played live.
Yes, it's a limitation currently, soon it'll show all the tracks, from AutoDJ and live stream.

David Heuer said:
Also, "Tune In Links" and "Stream Page" will not show any codes.
Can you please post a screenshot?

I noticed that in live programs tracks that are only one second long are not sent as titleinfo. On my external stream (Encorder), however, I must send a one-second file so that advertising can be triggered. Because I have to play advertising every half hour. Is it possible, as this will be changed in the future and also a one-second tracks will be sent as a title info?

David Heuer said:
I noticed that in live programs tracks that are only one second long are not sent as titleinfo. On my external stream (Encorder), however, I must send a one-second file so that advertising can be triggered. Because I have to play advertising every half hour. Is it possible, as this will be changed in the future and also a one-second tracks will be sent as a title info?
It sends all the titles, it doesn't filter them out by duration. Does it only happen when you broadcast live, or it happens with AutoDJ too?

djsoft said:
David Heuer said:
It sends all the titles, it doesn't filter them out by duration. Does it only happen when you broadcast live, or it happens with AutoDJ too?

Only if I send live. This does not occur with the AutoDJ. At first I thought about it, that it could be because the track is made of silence, but it does not seem to lie to it either.

David Heuer said:
Only if I send live. This does not occur with the AutoDJ. At first I thought about it, that it could be because the track is made of silence, but it does not seem to lie to it either.
What software do you use to broadcast live? Does it send the title to the server?

djsoft said:
David Heuer said:
What software do you use to broadcast live? Does it send the title to the server?
djsoft said:
David Heuer said:
I use mAirList. Title I send to the server. As soon as the file is 3 seconds long, the info will also be sent, but not at 1 second. Problem is that I have some neutral programs in my program where the advertising trigger with a second is firmly scheduled and on that I have no influence. Therefore it would be good if he would also be sent at 1 second as a title info.

Would it help if I would upload the Audiofile here?

David Heuer said:
I use mAirList. Title I send to the server. As soon as the file is 3 seconds long, the info will also be sent, but not at 1 second.
If you broadcast in mp3, the title may not be received by relay processing in RadioBOSS Cloud for technical reasons: the metadata for mp3 is sent every 8192 bytes of stream data, and if your track is shorter than that, the live relay in RB Cloud may miss this title update completely. Can you please try broadcasting (to /live) in another format e.g. OGG or AAC? There's a chance it will fix the problem.

David Heuer said:
Yes, it may help, please upload it or send to support@djsoft.net

djsoft said:
David Heuer said:
I use mAirList. Title I send to the server. As soon as the file is 3 seconds long, the info will also be sent, but not at 1 second.
If you broadcast in mp3, the title may not be received by relay processing in RadioBOSS Cloud for technical reasons: the metadata for mp3 is sent every 8192 bytes of stream data, and if your track is shorter than that, the live relay in RB Cloud may miss this title update completely. Can you please try broadcasting (to /live) in another format e.g. OGG or AAC? There's a chance it will fix the problem.

David Heuer said:
Yes, it may help, please upload it or send to support@djsoft.net

Many thanks for the help. The format change did not help. I sent you an email with the audio file.

I?m having trouble using it on a iPhone when I?m out and about
I can?t see or sort out shows on the media section

Very limited and not user friendly

Thanks

Attachments

• 6DBE01E8-96B3-49AC-8958-931645828C4A.png
    6DBE01E8-96B3-49AC-8958-931645828C4A.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 338
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back