RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always come across this error when paying for folders or files, they posted here saying it was resolved but I can't delete it.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 334
I always come across this error when paying for folders or files, they posted here saying it was resolved but I can't delete it.
Typically the reason for it is either: a track from this folder is currently playing, or it's due to a rare bug in FTP where it locks the file for some time. In case of FTP, wait for 1-2 days and it will resolve by itself. We're working on a better solution for this.

It would be great if you could edit tracklists afterwards.

I would also like to see only the search results displayed when using the search function. Currently, because all titles are still displayed, the whole thing seems quite confusing.

Is there any news about this in the meantime? You had promised a year ago that these features will come soon. :)

Typically the reason for it is either: a track from this folder is currently playing, or it's due to a rare bug in FTP where it locks the file for some time. In case of FTP, wait for 1-2 days and it will resolve by itself. We're working on a better solution for this.
I believe it is not the fact that the audio is playing, because I delete files even though they are playing and there is no problem.

Is there any news about this in the meantime? You had promised a year ago that these features will come soon. :)
It's still scheduled to be added. There are lots of other things that were not planned but we had to address like performance issues, various crashes etc. The quality comes first, and after all quality issues are fixed we move on to adding new features.

I believe it is not the fact that the audio is playing, because I delete files even though they are playing and there is no problem.
There are two cases when deleting a file or a folder may fail: the track is playing or the track is open in FTP (and, sometimes, after you work with FTP some files will remain locked for certain amount of time, it's a bug in FTP implementatrion that we will address soon).

Hey guys I having problems uploading 2 hour plus files if i split in 2 segments it’s fine but 2 or 3 hours it just won’t says error the one I tried is a 3 hour chart show

Attachments

• 814E2AE6-A4F2-464F-A4F6-469A9A6D9460.png
    814E2AE6-A4F2-464F-A4F6-469A9A6D9460.png
    360 KB · Views: 324
Last edited by a moderator:
RadioBOSS Cloud 0.9.4 beta

What's new

• Added Track Normalization feature. Normalizing is used to ensure that all music tracks are played with the same volume.
Track normalization can be accessed from the Media section. In order to normalize tracks, navigate to the folder and click the Normalize button in the files list. All tracks in the folder will be normalized in the background. To see how many tracks are left for processing, press the Show Status button at the top (queue size of zero means that all tracks are processed).

RadioBOSS Cloud uses EBU R128 standard to determine loudness and set the level correction. Normalizing does not change or re-encode music files. Any level corrections are reversible and do not reduce sound quality.

Normalization is only available on the Medium plan and higher. It's not available on the Small plan.

What's new

• Added Track Normalization feature. Normalizing is used to ensure that all music tracks are played with the same volume.
Track normalization can be accessed from the Media section. In order to normalize tracks, navigate to the folder and click the Normalize button in the files list. All tracks in the folder will be normalized in the background. To see how many tracks are left for processing, press the Show Status button at the top (queue size of zero means that all tracks are processed).

RadioBOSS Cloud uses EBU R128 standard to determine loudness and set the level correction. Normalizing does not change or re-encode music files. Any level corrections are reversible and do not reduce sound quality.

Normalization is only available on the Medium plan and higher. It's not available on the Small plan.
Thank you for this addition :) I desperately wanted it.. You just made my day :).. But, please suggest what target level we shud normalize.. is default -9 is good enough :) Thanks.

What's new

Thank you!!!! Great feature to have.

Can someone please explain how to apply adverts?
I have tired a few different ways and they never play on time or in order.

1st way - I made hourly playlists and placed them at :55 *results were inconsistent. Playing too many or not enough.
2nd way - I used the scheduler to play random files out of a specific folder at :25 then had RadioBoss Cloud play again in 30 min. This was way off!
3rd way - I used scheduler to play random files at the exact time. 1 at 5:55 another at 5:56 and so on. It is better but still ends up skipping some ads.

Is there another way?

But, please suggest what target level we shud normalize.. is default -9 is good enough
We set the default to -9 LUFS, which more or less corresponds to non-normalized files (so if you have some tracks that are not normalized, they won't be different in the level a lot). You can use other if you find that the music tracks play too oud or too quiet.

1st way - I made hourly playlists and placed them at :55 *results were inconsistent. Playing too many or not enough.
I don't see how this is possible. If you have an event to run at :55, it will run. It can't run too many or not enough - I'm not sure what this means actually :) The event simply runs what it's told to run, if it's a playlist, it will be played. It's not possible that it only inserts a half of a playlist, or that it inserts it two times or something like this.

2nd way - I used the scheduler to play random files out of a specific folder at :25 then had RadioBoss Cloud play again in 30 min. This was way off!
You can check the Logs section to find what was started and played, and when.

It is better but still ends up skipping some ads.
The Logs will show why those are skipped.

We set the default to -9 LUFS, which more or less corresponds to non-normalized files (so if you have some tracks that are not normalized, they won't be different in the level a lot). You can use other if you find that the music tracks play too oud or too quiet.
Thank you :) I'll just leave it to default.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.9.5 beta

What's new
  • Playlist title format configuration (Settings->Streaming)
  • Level correction can be adjusted in the tag editor
  • Fixed: normalization level correction sometimes was not applied to tracks
  • Minor UI improvements

Interesting new problem.

Some of my morning show tracks are intermittently playing throughout the day, even though I have set them SPECIFICALLY for their spot in the morning. Do you have any idea of what's causing this?

Some of my morning show tracks are intermittently playing throughout the day, even though I have set them SPECIFICALLY for their spot in the morning. Do you have any idea of what's causing this?
One possibility is that event start time is not configured properly e.g. you use "Repeat every" or week days and event starts more times than needed. Another way is if you use the "Insert tracks as regular music tracks" option, so it's not removed after playback from the playlist and continues to play.

One possibility is that event start time is not configured properly e.g. you use "Repeat every" or week days and event starts more times than needed. Another way is if you use the "Insert tracks as regular music tracks" option, so it's not removed after playback from the playlist and continues to play.
But that's just it. There are no repeat or insert parameters placed on the tracks. They are set to run at their appropriate times on the days we have them set

Did you check the Logs area, do you see the event(s) actually start at wrong times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back