RadioBOSS - RadioLogger - Mixer Board

P

pety

I will try to move the subject with Skype here.
Right now I am working with a Mixer Board (Mackie MS 1202) and a PC with with 3 soundcards, RadioBoss, RadioLogger and Skype. The Problem is that it is not permited to take out from RB Main Sound through Mixer Board, and return in PC, becouse it is making a annoing echo (sound feedback). Can you test with your team RB with MixerBoard and only one PC to do everything (broadcast, record, skype call, Live etc., etc.)?

First of all could be possible with only one PC (with 2-3 sound cards) and a Mixer Board to do all requests (broadcast, record, skype call, live broadcasters etc.) ?

SOLVED !

It is so easy. In fact the Mixer is used only for MICS (NOT for RB return). I will make a tutorial.
Works nice RE-Broadcasting (LineIN), Streaming and Recording Too. I used a "patch" (a cable with male jack at both extremity) between Main Saouncard OUT and the second soundcard IN. From the second soundcard IN I made the broadcasting and the recording. It is great. So, I have a great team : RadioBOSS and a Mixer Board Device for Live Broadcasters.

An important thing. I used Main Out from the Mixer to MIC in Main Soundcard used by RB. But never click mic button in RB, becouse of feedback (echo). I used just fader from the Mixer combined with RB - keyboard sound level fade - [,] and [.] . It works great. Another importand thing : Headphones goes to second souncard OUT. It takes all signals (tracks, mic's, re-broadcast... everything).

My conclusion is this : One PC + 2(-3) Soundcards + Mixer Audio Device + RadioBOSS = Radio LIVE Show. What this team can do :
  • Music streaming,
  • Live Show - Call In,
  • Rebroadcasting (LineIN or URL),
  • Live Skype Calls,
  • Internet broadcast,
  • Recording (RadioLogger).

GOT IT !

Now I can use RadioBOSS through MIXER DEVICE, and return to the same PC for Internet Broadcast and Record. No audio feedback. If I use Line.IN for retransmitting a signal received via the sound card?s input then I need 3 soundcards. If I use URL for retransmitting I use only two soundcards. I can use MIC button but with "Output to encoders only" checked option.

Update !

With a jack splitter I use only two soundcard for everything.
Jack splitter : http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGU7oZ6ggd5NZ4-Dt5Ls-D0Yi8MgVRj5fvDflmkTZr5HV_Q2h-

Connections for Mixer and RaddioBOSS / RadioLogger (attach/image) :
- CD/Tape to MIX switch should not be pressed; otherwise, the playback signal from the sound card output
would be routed back to the computer and would be added to the recording. This would not only be undesirable, it would also create a feedback loop

Attachments

• mixer_radioboss_radiologger.png
    mixer_radioboss_radiologger.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,868
That's good and I like the picture :)

By the way, jack splitters do not work with some sound cards - they split the voltage and sometimes it can lead to low volume or sound corruption.

Another configuration with Xenyx 1204FX (Use MIC button from RadioBOSS).

• Use all MIC from Mixer in Main Soundcard MIC (set up mic in RadioBOSS);
  • Use another Soundcard for Broadcasting and Record;
  • AUX 1 for Phone Caller;
  • FX (AUX 2) for MIC RadioBOSS;
  • CD/Tape Output for Broadcast and Record;
  • Use MAIN Souncard Speakers to MIXER just to hear in Headphones what is playing.
See better image here.

Attachments

• MIXER_CONFIGURATION.jpg
    MIXER_CONFIGURATION.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 2,067
Great, thanks!

By the way, how do you connect cell phone to a mixer, do you use a ready cable or it's something custom made?

Very good website for wiring audio cables:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan02/articles/faq0102.asp

Better video for Connect Your iPhone / iPod / iPad To A Mixer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPnHaYYHw6Q

Why we use an AUX (or FX) for sending audio signal to the phone? That's easy: the phone caller have to hear us (when speaking to the mic). In the same time, the AUX knob from phone caller chanel must be turned off (becouse of audio feedback - the caller do not must hear himself with delay).
Look at image:

Attachments

• Caller in Mixer.png
    Caller in Mixer.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 6,973
Interesting. I've moved this topic to the How-To section to make it easier for people to find.

Back