radioboss randomly stutters for about 30 seconds when running

My version is 5.3.3.1 and I am getting random playback errors from flac library. Totally random, the playback will suddenly start to stutter for about 20 to 30 seconds with lots of hard drive activity, then it will run as normal. I cant see anything else running on my laptop at all to cause the hard disk activity so intensely. I have checked all the tracks where this has occurred and they all play fine and test positive.

Now I cant think any other windows activity would cause this problem as I can burn CD's at the same time as running Radioboss and playback is perfect, and that is a very intensive process burning CD media. I can also copy files from c drive to USB drive continuously with no effect on playback, so it would seem to be something to do with Radioboss itself and not Windows activity?

Any idea what could be the root cause? Its random, sometimes after one hour of use, or 4 hours, I just get random 20 to 30 second stuttering and hard drive activity light stays on constantly for the same amount of time. Any hints so I can track down the root of this would be useful.

If the hard drive you use is old enough (several years), then it could be a hardware problem. What OS do you use? In Windows 10 if you open Task Manager, you'll be able to see what software uses the disk the most - probably it's some other software that loads the system. Also pay attention to CPU usage.

Its a new laptop with a new hard drive, Windows 10 fresh installation. Barebones installation of windows as its a DJ laptop only...windows updates all turned off, and nothing running in the background that I can see. Is it likely because I am using an old version of Radioboss and not the current release?

Just tried the trial of the latest version 5.4.4.0 and the problem seems to have gone. Was there any such known issue with the older version?

Jason Alan Leaver said:
Just tried the trial of the latest version 5.4.4.0 and the problem seems to have gone. Was there any such known issue with the older version?
There was no such known issue... There are lots of changes between major releases (e.g. 5.3->5.4) - it could well be that this issue was fixed as a side effect while we were fixing/updating something else.

Back