RadioBoss stops playing every Tuesday?

Darkpaw

I have this odd problem, where RadioBoss just stops playing, every Tuesday at 5am. The playlist is cleared, and it just sits there. I have events scheduled at the top of the hour and half hour, and I see them in the log stating "Event was not started because of 'Do no action event when the playlist is stopped.'". But I can't seem to find out what is stopping it. I don't have anything specific to trigger at that time.

The only thing that I can think of is that it's reaching the end of the playlist at around the same time every Tuesday. When it hits the end of the playlist, does it just clear? I would have thought it would just restart from the beginning, and loop.

The only reason for this (excluding cases when some person does it manually) is scheduled events. Something makes it stop. You should check your events to find the one(s) that do it.

Checked all my events, and none of them have a stop event in them. The only thing that I see is that when the silence detector came on (presumably, when the playlist went empty) was the third time in a row that an event didn't run due to "maximum wait time" being exceeded, which then deletes the event from the playlist.

The log shows this, every Tuesday morning:
(prior to 5:00am, songs are all playing as normal)
5:00am it starts the event (an hourly breaker/station-id)
5:00am is schedules the event (current song is still playing - the event has a max wait time of 4 minutes)
5:02:30am instead of playing the scheduled event, it plays the next song in playlist
5:04am deletes the event due to maximum wait time exceeded
5:08:26am [silence detector]; action 1 (whatever that is)
5:08:26am [silence detector]; loaded 0 tracks (I don't have a reserve playlist setup yet for the silence detector)

And that's it. From that point forward, every half hour it goes to the event on the hour or on the 30 minute mark that's scheduled, but doesn't play them because I have them set to "do not action event when the playlist is stopped."

So what's stopping the playlist? It looks like the silence detector is clearing the playlist, but why would that suddenly run?

Checked all my events, and none of them have a stop event in them.
Not necessarily stop, it can be the event that loads the playlist with "Clear playlist" option, and the loaded playlist is empty. Or any other possibility, there are lots of options. Events are the only reason for it to stop. RadioBOSS absolutely will not do it on its own.

Well, it did it again this morning, right on schedule. I only have two events that clear playlist, and neither of them run overnight (one runs at 8pm, and one runs at midnight).

It's so bizarre, it only does it at 5am, every Tuesday.

I'm going to try shutting off my hourly event between Monday and Wednesday for next week, and see what happens.

I just found out a way to record the screen in Windows 10 (apparently, it has the built-in ability to do this). So I'm re-activating the events, and am going to stat recording the screen late at night, and will look at it in the morning. That way I can see exactly what is happening when this occurs.

You can also inspect the log (bottom left corner) in RadioBOSS to find out what happens.

The list that I posted in my second comment is literally all that is seen in the logs (the bottom-left window), which is why it's so confusing.

Hopefully the screen capture next week will show what's going on.

You can also try installing the most recent update - RadioBOSS 6.0.2. But stopping in Tuesday is something that appears to be only happening in your case, so I suppose it's some scheudled event that does it.

I think I finally figured it out. So it looks like around that time on Tuesday was when it would hit the end of a playlist, without a new event happening yet to reload it. I had assumed that when it hit the bottom of the playlist, that it would just restart at the top, but it isn't.

Is there an option somewhere to select, to enable that?

There's "Repeat playlist" option to loop the playlist, the button is located at the bottom.

There's "Repeat playlist" option to loop the playlist, the button is located at the bottom.

Aha, yes I see it on the left-hand side now. The options are "Repeat every XX min" and "Repeat no more than XX times."

Thanks for the help.

Those options are to repeat events. There's also a button to repeat the whole playlist window, in the bottom right side of the main window.

Back