RB 6.0.5.4 Broadcasting problem

Exactly when we updated to 6.0.5.4 today, our broadcasting streams no longer encode any data. They are connected to the server but data has stopped and user statistics have dropped to zero. They were working fine with earlier versions until now. Can you help please!!!!!

We don't use the integrated server, but stream to another server which claims to be connected OK.
Its whatever the version that RB let me update to from the program. I assume that is the new 64 bit version.

I downgraded to 6.0.4.0 and this solved the streaming issue, but it suffers from intermittent dropouts in he audio.

Can you please suggest an alternative version that I can downgrade to that is more reliable?

Now running 6.0.5.2 as some of the earlier versions still had the audio dropout problem. When this occurred, the playout froze for a couple of seconds on a seemingly random basis. The broadcast stream seems to be running OK in this version. I'll let you know if I discover anything else...

Now running 6.0.5.2 as some of the earlier versions still had the audio dropout problem. When this occurred, the playout froze for a couple of seconds on a seemingly random basis. The broadcast stream seems to be running OK in this version. I'll let you know if I discover anything else...
Having the same problem. Seems to be associated with the latest updates. I have RadioCaster 2.8.0.0 installed for another program I was experimenting with and was able to get the system up by broadcasting through it.

6.0.5.2 also had the audio playback freezing problem referred to above but I think I was able to fix this by increasing the audio buffer setting on the playback soundcard.

After downgrading then upgrading again to 6.0.5.2 I discovered that all my tracklisted files running in sequence had reverted to the first episode in the sequence!!! This should not happen. Is there an easy way to set the order in the scheduler? Some of the files have *0, *8,*18: Do they relate to the order in the sequence? Cannot this problem be avoided by the program remembering not to repeat any previous episode until it has played all files?

6.0.5.2 also had the audio playback freezing problem referred to above but I think I was able to fix this by increasing the audio buffer setting on the playback soundcard.
The problem continues. Intermittent freezing of the playback for 1 sec or so. I need to downgrade to v 5 immediately.

Please advise the link for a reliable version 5. I'm having ongoing issues with audio dropouts despite altering the buffer settings.

You can download the version 5 using this link:

However, downgrading is not recommended. Please send a screenshot of the playback settings you use, maybe something's wrong there. If possibl, try using a different device. Also, set the "speakers" option to use the Default speakers and buffer settings to the default values: 500ms for DirectSound and 50ms for WASAPI.

The problem only occurs with tracks sourced on the NAS which worked fine until recent versions. Local hard drive playback is fine. Does this mean the sound card (WASAPI) playback buffer needs to be increased beyond 200ms? I have also tried turning on get tag info as separate process but this made no difference.

The problem only occurs with tracks sourced on the NAS which worked fine until recent versions
Nothing was changed in this regard, the file reading code actually stays the same for several years already. If you only experience problems when NAS is involved it clearly indicates problems with the NAS itself or the network connection. If it's unable to read a file fast enough to sustain playback, you will hear audio dropping.

Does this mean the sound card (WASAPI) playback buffer needs to be increased beyond 200ms?
This will not help if the problem is with NAS.

I have also tried turning on get tag info as separate process but this made no difference.
This also should not generally be enabled. This option is a leftover from some older version and I'm not sure now why it exists at all.

If you use NAS and want to speed up things, there are some of the possible options:

1. Make a local copy of the files and configure some means to keep the copy synchronized with the NAS. It's the preferred way.

2. If NAS is actually a different computer, consider running RadioBOSS from there.

3. Change additional information storage to use a database: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm
This will greatly reduce the reads and writes to NAS leading to performance improvement. But this will not help if it fails to play due to low network speed or a similar issue.

Thank you for your helpful suggestions. I have tested RB on another computer connected over the gigabit network to the NAS with my usual sql database and it works fine. So the problem does appear to be related to the computer itself and may not be RB after all. I’ll let you know what I discover.

Could the network file read process be affected by the auto save process that occurs every 10 minutes? This is roughly the frequency of the computer freezes. It’s not like skipping, but an actual program freeze We have a large schedule to save.

Could the network file read process be affected by the auto save process that occurs every 10 minutes? This is roughly the frequency of the computer freezes. It’s not like skipping, but an actual program freeze We have a large schedule to save.
RadioBOSS settings are saved locally (to the AppData folder on a local drive, it does not write anything on the network) so I don't see how it can affect reading the files from the network. However, if a computer has some hardware issues with e.g. hard drive or other part, then saving RadioBOSS settings can probably cause the computer to freeze because the system has to deal with hardware failures.

Saving the settings is not a "heavy" operation, it writes several megabytes to the disk - it's nothing, because modern HDD drives write speed is about 100MB/sec, and SSD drives are 1500+MB/sec. Just in case, please click Settings->Open Settings Folder, then open Temp folder and check the sizes of the TrackList_v2.cache and PlayedTracks4.dat files, they should not be extremely (e.g. 100MB+) large, but if they are, please send them to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

Update: the problem still exists. There are no obvious Windows errors or functions that coincide with the audio pauses. Hard disc is clean so something is periodically interrupting the data being pulled from the NAS. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look at the settings tomorrow...

Last edited:
check the sizes of the TrackList_v2.cache and PlayedTracks4.dat files
These are only 2K and 315K respectively. I did find a number of errors in the database log however, some of which are current, some have gone away: e.g: "Table music.cache2 doesn't exist" and "Unknown column 'reply gain_t' in "field list" (1054) and "Out of range value for column 'level' at row 1 (1264). Some of these are writing to the folder every second.

I did find a number of errors in the database log however, some of which are current, some have gone away: e.g: "Table music.cache2 doesn't exist" and "Unknown column 'reply gain_t' in "field list" (1054) and "Out of range value for column 'level' at row 1 (1264). Some of these are writing to the folder every second.
You can try the following: click Settings, Open Settings Folder. Close RadioBOSS. Go one folder up, and find the "Tracks.db" file and rename it. Start RadioBOSS - this will make it create a new database. See if it fixes the database and/or NAS issues.

Back