RB 6.0.5.4 Broadcasting problem

You can try the following: click Settings, Open Settings Folder. Close RadioBOSS. Go one folder up, and find the "Tracks.db" file and rename it. Start RadioBOSS - this will make it create a new database.
I did as you suggested but I still have tracksold.db in that directory. I reinstalled the latest version again
with the same result. I also noticed the folder appears to be read only. How do I re-create the database?

Last edited:
I am using MySQL with MariaDB server. Are you saying I therefore can not re-create the database unless I convert it back to SQL Lite or APE? Can you be clearer please...

You can of course, I thought that you used the SQLite database. In order to make a fresh start with MySQL database, you can do either:
  • In RadioBOSS settings specify a different name for the database, leaving all other parameters the same. After restarting, RadioBOSS will create a new and empty database. You will also have your old database available, just in case.
  • Or use a MySQL management tool like HeidiSQL to remove (drop) the existing database.

6.0.5.2 also had the audio playback freezing problem referred to above but I think I was able to fix this by increasing the audio buffer setting on the playback soundcard.
Am having the same problem, my "On Air" light is on only to discover there's no data out, may be I need to downgrade which I didn't want if there's a solution that can keep me in the current version!

Am having the same problem, my "On Air" light is on only to discover there's no data out, may be I need to downgrade which I didn't want if there's a solution that can keep me in the current version!
There's a possible issue that can lead to minor freezes in the couple of previous versions (starting with 6.0.5.x), we'll release a minor update later today to fix it.

When you select Audio Mix it will stream what is playing in RadioBOSS and if you use MIC button it will also be included in the stream. The volume control under the playlist does not affect streaming - the stream always goes with full volume.

6.0.5.5 seems to have solved the NAS dropout issue although I have yet to do a more thorough test. The database log however has the following error message: “Out of range value for column “level” at row 1 (1264).” The tracks2 table in MariaDB has no length value set for the level parameter. Is this a bug or can you tell me what entry I should put in? I’m not an expert in MySQL databases....thank you for your work!

Do you edit the database manually entering the values using some MySQL editing tool?

When you select Audio Mix it will stream what is playing in RadioBOSS and if you use MIC button it will also be included in the stream. The volume control under the playlist does not affect streaming - the stream always goes with full volume.
Unfortunately, my mixer is connected to 7 mics that is why the older version does well with all mixer output connected to computer mic input as "Input 1"in RB. It
Do you use the integrated server or you stream to the other server? Is it 32 or 64 bit RadioBOSS version?

You can install the previous version using this link in case the problem persists: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_6.0.4.0.exe
I did downgrade to and all works well

Yes I am using Heidi to examine what might be causing the problem with the database.
If you made any edits and after that it started to show errors, I'm afraid I can't help about it. If you have a backup, you can restore it. Or just delete/edit the record that causes problems.

Back