Segue Editor Question

djwolf

On the 3 song Segue Editor Say I had a real quick Jingle and it is in the second place and I wanted to move it more into the 3rd song But it won't let me. How would I move the Jingle more into the 3rd Track?

djwolf said:
On the 3 song Segue Editor Say I had a real quick Jingle and it is in the second place and I wanted to move it more into the 3rd song But it won't let me. How would I move the Jingle more into the 3rd Track?
You should move it in the playlist, then call Segue Editor.

I already have it in the playlist. I'm saying I can't move the second track into the 3rd track because the 3rd track moves with it. Any Suggestions?  ???

Second track can't start earlier than First. Third track can't start earlier than Second. I think you're hitting that limitation.
You should reposition tracks in the playlist according to this and then call Segue Editor.

Ok here's the deal. I am trying to play a sweeper automatically when the song has already started playing and when I schedule the sweeper after the song and just move it back in the crossfade editor, after it gets done with the sweeper it starts playing the next track. Any suggestions? ???

Hi DJ Wolf,

If my understanding is correct here is the solution. This is what I am using to play the "Hit of the week" Jingle on the begining of the track.

Open the sweep in the track tool editor.
Set START where apropriate, most likely right at the begining of the file (0.0 second).
Set MIX right after the START (0.1 second)
Set END at the end of your sweep.

In the RP Playlist, place the sweep in between Track 1 and Track 2

At the end of track 1 RB will start playing the sweep and right away starts playing track2 . Both the sweep ant the begining of track2 are mixed.

Trick: You may assign a specific file type in RB to your sweep. That way you may adjust the volume so your sweep will sound louder. Be carefully with this depending on your sound processor because you may endup with sound saturation.

Christian
http://www.clubbingstation.com

@Christian
Good point.

We also work fast with audacity to create a single track, like in image (audacity edit mp3's).

Attachments

• edit-in-audacity.jpg
    edit-in-audacity.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 528
djwolf said:
Ok here's the deal. I am trying to play a sweeper automatically when the song has already started playing and when I schedule the sweeper after the song and just move it back in the crossfade editor, after it gets done with the sweeper it starts playing the next track. Any suggestions? ???
Yes, that's a technology limitation for now... This will be improved in the future to allow mid-track sweepers with Segue Editor.
The solution would be as Pety suggested - use audio editor to include sweeper in the track.
You can also assingn a jingle (menu Jingle->Assign) to play the sweeper manually.

Hi pety,

I used to edit in Audacity but it was too much time consuming.
I asked Dmitry to add an "alignement option" to the VoiceTrack tool. That way I should be able to place the jingle or sweeper right before the end of the INTRO flag. That way it should sound more professional by placing the jingle in a better place right before vocal starts.
I will look into the "Jingle" menu as suggested by Dmitry, but as I have about 3 seconds blank at the begining of the jingle not sure it will help.

Christian
http://www.clubbingstation.com

Christian, the alignment feature will be added in the next update.

What djwolf asked was about inserting voiceovers in the middle of a track. Currently this is not possible at all with Segue Editor (after voiceover is played it will go to the next track...). This issue will be addressed in RB 4.8, in September I think.

djwolf said:
4.8????? Alright, I guess I got a few more months to go. :-X
RB 4.8 is under development now, so it shoudn't take too long before it's released.

Cover image display and DSP for Mic are planned for the future, but I don't promise it for RB 4.8.

djwolf said:
When will this be implemented?
If you're about cover image, it's in the queue, and will be added in the future versions, it will be in one of the 4.8.x updates.

The feature is implemented and I think it will be added in the upcoming RadioBOSS 4.8.3 (release is planned for this week).

Back