Shoutcast 2.6 & IceCast

matteolop

Hello, I have some questions. :giggle:

1) In the future, could you put the possibility to choose Shoutcast 2.6 as a server?
(perhaps at the time of purchase, let the user choose)

2) I've known about IceCast buffering for MP3 streams for a while. Do you agree?
the AAC/AAC+ stream starts immediately, instead MP3 after a few seconds.

3) It would be great if you included the ability to import mark points into songs.
(start, end, intro and mix)

4) The ability to hide the IceCast status page.
So to access, you have to do it only through the "admin" key

1) In the future, could you put the possibility to choose Shoutcast 2.6 as a server?
(perhaps at the time of purchase, let the user choose)
RadioBOSS (desktop) does not include any server with it, and can stream to Icecast and Shoutcast.
RadioBOSS Cloud will not use Shoutcast for a huge list of reasons :)

2) I've known about IceCast buffering for MP3 streams for a while. Do you agree?
the AAC/AAC+ stream starts immediately, instead MP3 after a few seconds.
Buffer size is configured, you can use smaller buffers to make streams start faster.

3) It would be great if you included the ability to import mark points into songs.
(start, end, intro and mix)
This is very rarely needed and also conversion from other software will not be 100% anyway.

4) The ability to hide the IceCast status page.
So to access, you have to do it only through the "admin" key
This will be possible soon.

While I agree that start, end, and intro would be fairly useless in the cloud version - setting a mix-point for each track vs the current dB level crossfade would be extremely helpful (and I believe previously promised).

Right now some songs either fade out to almost complete silence before it triggers, or the opposite - it cuts off the ending (think pink floyd - the wall) because it's too quiet. We've edited our mp3s to boost the quiet endings to avoid this, but it would be better to set the manual mix point instead.

You can normalize tracks that you uploaded to the cloud, then in Crossfades tune the "Trigger mix at" option to the proper dB value. This should provide a fairly good result.

We'll gradually add more features to the cloud version, but importing start/end/intro/etc is not possible at this moment because there's not way to edit those points in RB Cloud (so uploaded tracks will be stuck with "imported" values). Adding a feature like "Process tracks" is difficult because it requires vast amount of CPU resources.

Back