Songs Cover Artwork Not Consistently Streamed

AudioWoop

Dear all,

I would like your valuable thoughts and or assistance on an issue i am facing and i cant find the pattern why its happening for months. I use RadioBoss on 6.0.4.0 (will update too), so far everything runs smoothly. Since the beginning of my radioshow (7 months now) the artwork of each and every song appears through my Radio provider (Radioking) in random phases. Its not constant. I have managed to check on the metadata settings and enabled the relevant option"Send playing artwork" through RadioBoss but hasnt completely solved my problem. To make things clear, the artwrok appears perfectly on RadioBoss. Its not streamed always in simple terms. Name of the song and artist is always there but artwork is random.

I mean, in order all songs to appear their artwork i have to cut my Live Broadcast and restart it and somehow then i can see them on the mobile app of RadioKing. I have also communicated with the provider. And the answer was not consistent. I am running on Windows10 latest updates and my only guessing is somehow firewall might block this or in general is network related. I cant think of anything else anymore and i have tried tons of workarounds.

If any thoughts and/or advise would be much appreciated.

Best,

enabled the relevant option"Send playing artwork" through RadioBoss but hasnt completely solved my problem
This only sends metadata when you use Shoutcast v2 protocol. It's ignored when any other protocol is used.

Name of the song and artist is always there but artwork is random.
It appears that RadioKing uses sort of automatic artwork lookup based on artist/title and sometimes it works, sometimes not.

AFAIK, there's no standard protocol in transmitting the artwork. In radioboss.fm we use our own solution fro this: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/live-streaming-artwork/

Thank you for all your clarifications Dmitry,

Indeed RK when streaming Live through software based programs like RB, the art cover is not consistent. When broadcasting mainly through their platform it is. Dunno why this is happening. In a weird way it reads and recons all songs and sent the relevant data to the website and appears covers there, but on their own Mobile App doesnt. And thats happeing only in Live programs.

Yeah the job you perform in RB streaming platform seems to directly reads the artwork and looks really working. Appreciated to know that!

You should ask them about how the artwork should be transmitted when streaming live, maybe they also have a way.

Back