Start by DTMF only not working anymore

Christian

Hi Dimitri

I use the "Start by DTMF only" but the task is not started anymore. It used to work fine for days, but no more.
In the debug window the DTMF code is properly detected. The corresponding task is enabled. I do not understand what is going on!!! Are you aware of a bug regarding regular task sceduled by DTMF. In my case the DTMF is played twice per hour to trigger ads.

Regards
Christian

--------------------------------------
Just removed the "Start by DTMF only" and use the scheduler instead with +/- 10 minutes timeframe and it is now working.
Please check the "Start by DTMF only" for a long running time there might be an issue after maybe a couple of weeks ...

There's no bug that I'm aware of. Do you use the latest version (5.5.5)?

Does it show you a countdown ("Run In") for the event?

There's also no way (at least none that I can think of) for it to stop working after some time...

RB version 5.5.1

It seems not to be as easy as I thought.
First I miss understand the "start by DTMF only" that still require a time schedule. I first thought is was not needed and the DTMF would start the task at anytime. But this is is still required so I use the "Hours" and large time window to enable the detection to all the time. It there a best practice to enable the detection to all the time ?
I schedule 2 DTMF tasks same settings except for "Hours" one is set to "All" and "Minute" "15" the other one "Hours" is set to "All" and Minute to "45". On the scheduler sometime one of the task does not display the countdown under "Run in". Most of the time both have the countdown but sometime after the countdown ends the "Run in" is empty.
Also is there any issue to have 2 RB running in 2 different Windows sessions and both running the DTMFdetection for each on a different virtual audio card ? Would that prevent proper detection ?
I am using the "main (on air) soundcard" with a virtual sound card connected to "Input 1 (Line in)" for DTMF detection. Can DTMF detection be affected by the audio processing by Stereo Tools?

Christian

Ok I understand.
Audio stops when switching Windows sessions. No DTMF can be used from using the main audio.
Let's try with "Monitor sound card" ...

Christian said:
Ok I understand.
Audio stops when switching Windows sessions. No DTMF can be used from using the main audio.
Let's try with "Monitor sound card" ...
Yes, it a new bug that was introduced by one of the recent Windows updates. RadioBOSS 5.5.5 detects this situation and re-initializes the card.

Christian said:
RB version 5.5.1

It seems not to be as easy as I thought.
First I miss understand the "start by DTMF only" that still require a time schedule.
The only difference "DTMF Only" option makes is that the event will not start if there was no DTMF signal. Apart from that, it still requires setting proper time frames. You can read about this here: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/starting_events_by_dtmf_signal.htm

As for setting the time frames, I think you can set wide time frame to check for DTMF, for instance +-10 minutes, and set the event to repeat every 10 minutes. This will allow event to start any time DTMF is detected.

Christian said:
On the scheduler sometime one of the task does not display the countdown under "Run in". Most of the time both have the countdown but sometime after the countdown ends the "Run in" is empty.
After countdown reaches zero, then event will start (unless it has "DTMF Only" option). Please see my previous reply about setting the time frames.

Christian said:
Also is there any issue to have 2 RB running in 2 different Windows sessions and both running the DTMFdetection for each on a different virtual audio card ? Would that prevent proper detection ?
No, they will not affect each other. Even if you use the same sound card.

Christian said:
I am using the "main (on air) soundcard" with a virtual sound card connected to "Input 1 (Line in)" for DTMF detection. Can DTMF detection be affected by the audio processing by Stereo Tools?
If StereoTool configured to process RadioBOSS output, then it will not affect DTMF.

djsoft said:
Christian said:
If StereoTool configured to process RadioBOSS output, then it will not affect DTMF.
This is a problem. I hope that at some point we will find an option to overcome DTMF.
Of course DTMF is a good feature since it allows you to work with other software.
But between instances of RadioBOSS could send an API command for example to start advertising. (And start the event that is within the range of 10 minutes for example, in the same way that DTMF works)

This has no sound in the air, and does not have problems with StereoTool for example  :)

nelson c said:
But between instances of RadioBOSS could send an API command for example to start advertising.
This is possible - you can use the download scheduler command that will make an API call to another RadioBOSS instance.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
But between instances of RadioBOSS could send an API command for example to start advertising.
This is possible - you can use the download scheduler command that will make an API call to another RadioBOSS instance.
But you can not execute the event that is closest to the schedule. (As does dtmf, which executes the next one).
This is a big problem for advertising

And in case the command does not arrive, passed "X" minutes starts automatically.

Yes, it a new bug that was introduced by one of the recent Windows updates. RadioBOSS 5.5.5 detects this situation and re-initializes the card.
I updated to RB 5.5.5 but still have the issue. I need to get the session open in order to get the DTMF detected.
As a workarround are you aware of a PowerShell command that could enable all virtual audio cards?
Otherwise I will use the API call but variable buffering size when RB playing a stream may affect proper synchronization.

nelson c said:
But you can not execute the event that is closest to the schedule. (As does dtmf, which executes the next one).
You can call your own script, and this script will use the RadioBOSS API to find the closest event and start it.
There's no such a feature in RadioBOSS itself because it's too situation specific.

Christian said:
I updated to RB 5.5.5 but still have the issue. I need to get the session open in order to get the DTMF detected.
Yes, it appears that this was fixed for playback devices, but not for input devices - we'll do something about it in the next update. As a workaround you can switch from WASAPI to DirectSound. DirectSound doesn't seem to be affected by this.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
You can call your own script, and this script will use the RadioBOSS API to find the closest event and start it.
There's no such a feature in RadioBOSS itself because it's too situation specific.
It is true that you can be specific. But I have no way to build my code: If the command fails you must play events at the set time. in the case that if comes, you must omit the planned schedule.

I successfully use the API to start the task. Just had to include a 1 second delay in my script before API call to leverage the buffer size.
  One suggestion, this is not a bug but an improvement. When including a run command in the playlist the command waits until the end of previous track before it lanches. I would prefer the command to be launched at "Mix" cue point rather than at the "End" of the track and to move on to the next track right away. This to get a smooth audio transition rather introducing a small blank.

Christian said:
I successfully use the API to start the task. Just had to include a 1 second delay in my script before API call to leverage the buffer size.
I'm glad it works. :) I did the same thing in a testing environment (but not in the air)
To solve the problem you describe with the mixture, you can temporarily use a pause of 2 or 3 seconds before the command.

Dmitry:
I think that you could integrate more program this type of links!.
As already seen here we are two with interest on this and it can be useful for more people.

To solve the problem you describe with the mixture, you can temporarily use a pause of 2 or 3 seconds before the command.
Thx nelson. I think there is a misunderstanding. If I have in the playlist:
Code:
  Track 1
  run command
  Track 2
I want that the Track 2 starts playing at the "Mix" cue point of Track 1 as it would normally do without the run command. The "run command" should start at "Mix" cue point and ideally the task should run in the background.

Christian do not think as possible without affecting the mixture.
The idea is to add a second of silence for example to give you time to finish the mixture and then run the event and then the next track
Code:
Track 1
pause #1
 run command
 Track 2
This should sound very neat anyway. (Much better than DTMF)
If a delay is added for the event, it will be cut at the beginning of track two (because it is mixed with the end of track 1) I think for these things a mix is not good. But if a long stop and the re-start track starts right away.

nelson c said:
But I have no way to build my code: If the command fails you must play events at the set time. in the case that if comes, you must omit the planned schedule.
We can make it like the Run Now button works: if it was started, then skip timed launch.

Christian said:
One suggestion, this is not a bug but an improvement. When including a run command in the playlist the command waits until the end of previous track before it lanches. I would prefer the command to be launched at "Mix" cue point rather than at the "End" of the track and to move on to the next track right away. This to get a smooth audio transition rather introducing a small blank.
Yes, this is a known issue. If the command is between two tracks, then no mixing will occur. This is planned to be fixed in one of the future versions. Commands and other technical items will be made "transparent".

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on April 24, 2017, 07:29:44 PM
But I have no way to build my code: If the command fails you must play events at the set time. in the case that if comes, you must omit the planned schedule.
We can make it like the Run Now button works: if it was started, then skip timed launch.
That would be great :)

nelson c said:
In the last beta there is a feature:
- Scheduler: command to control Manual mode: set manual on|off

Is it for this?

nelson c said:
- Scheduler: command to control Manual mode: set manual on|off

Is it for this?
No - it controls the Manual checkbox. The feature you're asking about will be added in one of the next updates (I think, during beta).

Back